Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:05:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I've tried

Started by salr, March 21, 2024, 12:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

salr

next time.... next time they put me in hospital i am taking a fucking overdoes. I just want out now, its clear . what i have to do

Buelligan

What can I say.  I stopped drinking - it changed my life - I have Too Many Cochranes to thank for that little moment of clarity.

You said you'd been addicted to heroin.  Like my brother.  Know two people who stopped using that.  Two people (actually a few more than two), I know, you and my brother, with the strength to stop using heroin. 

Go see someone who can help you stop using alcohol, like I'm assuming you did with the other.  That is my advice.

salr

No honestly i have been addicted to opiates b4 but not heroin. idk what that is like. I know what i have to do now. its gonna be fucking hard but i need to do this.

Buelligan

Go talk.  Get support.  Things will fucking improve.  xx

salr

Quote from: Buelligan on March 21, 2024, 11:24:01 AMGo talk.  Get support.  Things will fucking improve.  xx
Thank you for listening to me today Buellegan. Appreciate it. bye.

Buelligan

No worries.  You know we all give a fuck.  More than a fuck.  xxx

salr

ones brother overdoes, one just makes me feel like this and i dont FUCKING know. over thee castle on the hill. I have already taken an overdoes today. I know how i feel and i know how i will feel. Driving at 90 down old country lanes. I know how i'm gonna fel and it is always goiing to be the fucking same.

Proactive

The very fact that you stopped drinking for 6 days recently tells me that you can do it again, and who knows, maybe even for good, but one day at a time and all that. It strikes me that what you could really use is some kind of talking therapy to help you with what's making you so unhappy, but that seems very obvious to say and I know it can be hard to come by.

Best of luck mate, we're all rooting for you.

Quote from: salr on March 21, 2024, 12:52:05 PMones brother overdoes, one just makes me feel like this and i dont FUCKING know. over thee castle on the hill. I have already taken an overdoes today. I know how i feel and i know how i will feel. Driving at 90 down old country lanes. I know how i'm gonna fel and it is always goiing to be the fucking same.

Please call someone and talk to them. If you have taken an overdose call an ambulance, seriously. Don't fuck around. It's nice to get support from strangers on the internet but trust me you sound like you need professional help, now. If you're just drunk and venting, that's fine, but mate if you need real help, GET IT. Hospital, GP, Samaritans, there are people who can do it. Please.

salr

tasting the sweet perfume of the mountan grass i roolled down. I'm on my way. drivingat 90. over the castle on the hill. running from the law awnd getting drunk with my friends. singing to fucking tiny dancer. one friend left to sell clothes , ones already getting by, but these ppl raised me and i...

Proactive

Hmm, I hit post there without seeing that last bit about having taken an overdose today. Does anyone have an idea of whete/who he is and if we can get some help to him?

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: salr on March 21, 2024, 12:52:05 PMI have already taken an overdoes today.

Multiple!? Today!?

I'm assuming this is "I have taken overdoses in the past" - but if it's not please call 999, or at least stagger out into the street so there's a chance someone else can.

Or post your address in this thread, I'd love to call an ambulance for a fellow verbwhore.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

And stop quoting Ed Sheeran songs.

Glebe

Please, please, please dont do anything stupid salr. Quitting drink for pretty much a week is a huge achievement. Going back to recovery would be a great step. Not to sound cheesy but I as others have expressed I absolutely believe you can do it.

Support service folks should be understanding people and I'm sure they've heard it all so don't be afraid to show your 'vulnerable' side.

Getting help is not a sign of weakness - if anything it takes courage.

I went to counselling for a good while and managed to open up about things I'd never spoken about with anyone else before.

It's your life - your VALUABLE life - we're talking about here. It's WORTH fixing. We're all behind you mate.

salr

i've, this was a long time ago but. hm i have tryed. I appreacite u trying to reach me but... there is nothing. i'm not sure what i feel now but, there must be an out, there should be a fucking out

salr

i just want... fucking pills, i just want an out

salr

I'm sorry i should not be talking to you like this but...... I really want an out. I want it to be ok to ask for an out.

salr

i cannot talk to anyone about this stuff. it is all the same but.... i need a fucking out. i need that to be over.

perplexingprocrastinator

I'm just another rando on the internet, my friend. But I read this thread and my heart is going out to you.

As other folks said, if you have taken an overdose today, stop reading this straight away and call an ambulance. Deal with that immediately. You are a valuable person and we all want you here.

If you're OK right now though, and still reading this - you're not alone. You're in a lonely, lonely place, but not alone. People have been in that same hole before you, millions of people all through time. And millions of people have climbed OUT of that hole - with time, and a bit of help. And you can do that too.

You sound like you have a lot of self-recrimination. You can stick that in the bin for starters - anybody can end up where you are. It's not a failing, it's just what happened.

I'm so sorry that we live in a time when support and services are threadbare. Have you by any chance, got the money for talk-therapy? Sounds like you could use an ear.

I also wonder if you ever used psychadelics? Someone here might jump in with more knowledge than me, and warn why these would be dangerous. I don't want to just say "go away and do mushrooms". Please be considered and careful.

But from my own experience with periods of entrenched depression - not chemical dependency - a session of LSD can open the floodgates of tears, emotions, repressed thoughts and feelings... ego-death (instead of death-death...) and leave you purged afterwards, ready to start on a new path. If you have really been TOTALLY stuck in this habit, and ways of thinking, for a long time - I just wondered if this might be a way of bouncing you out.

If you did choose to do that, understand what you're getting into, do it with a trip-sitter if at all possible, and only do it in a safe, happy space. Don't do it in the depths of despair, for goodness sake. But maybe, maybe it could help.

Regardless of that, you can do it. Tomorrow is always the first day of the rest of your life. Please keep talking to friends, family, or internet strangers - just keep talking.

And again, if you have had an overdose today, call someone right now. If not for yourself, do it for the people who care about you. Including us, now you've involved your internet pals in this whole thing. We want you around and we want you happy. But we'll settle for "around" if happy is too hard right now.

Good luck pal

Buelligan

Quote from: salr on March 21, 2024, 01:21:41 PMI'm sorry i should not be talking to you like this but...... I really want an out. I want it to be ok to ask for an out.

You should be talking to us like this.  And you should also PM someone your address or contact your doc or call an ambo.  Please do it for the sake of smelling the mountain fucking grass old chum.  Need to keep doing that.

Quote from: salr on March 21, 2024, 01:24:31 PMi cannot talk to anyone about this stuff. it is all the same but.... i need a fucking out. i need that to be over.

Samaritans 116 123. If you feel like there's no one immediately you can talk to.

salr

no, i promise that like it is ok, it is over. I miss it like it was yesterday but it was yesterday so... I do not know what to do now I do not know what to fucking do. I've tried addiction and it does not work. so now what?

salr

Quote from: Buelligan on March 21, 2024, 01:28:52 PMYou should be talking to us like this.  And you should also PM someone your address or contact your doc or call an ambo.  Please do it for the sake of smelling the mountain fucking grass old chum.  Need to keep doing that.

it is ok, it is shit but it is ok. I know what i have to do.

Underturd

It's okay to want an out, the trick is to want it, see it, and then NOT FUCKING TAKE IT because you're the one who's in control, not the drink or the drugs or the shit. You're controlling this thread and you can keep that control over yourself as well, mate. Just stay with us.

Buelligan

Quote from: salr on March 21, 2024, 01:35:09 PMit is ok, it is shit but it is ok. I know what i have to do.

Really glad it's OK.  You take good care of you, you only got the one, don't waste it. xx

salr

hmm thank yo9u i think. but i have tryed b4. I know what it takes. I just feel like ' shakes head' I know what this takes. it fucking burns. I have tryed b4. it is FUCKING  rough. i know what this rtakes. i do not have it. I've... tryed so many times b4

perplexingprocrastinator

Quote from: salr on March 21, 2024, 01:32:34 PMso now what?

Something else. I hope that's not totally facile - but it sounds like you've been dwelling on some very sad stuff. And dwelling is miserable, and leads you down a path to wanting to drink. You have to break the pattern, and the best way to do that is getting out of the chair and getting on with something different. 

Go for a walk, pick up the phone and talk to someone. As best you can, get away from these thoughts and feelings. Make yourself do something which occupies your mind. If that feels hard, start with something easy - like big, deep breaths, in and out, deep as you can - until you feel a bit centred and present.

Perhaps you could get out and do something for someone else...? Surprise your family by getting in the shopping or tidying up the garden. Get a bit of positive feedback, positive energy. Start small and build up.

I'm just spitballing. If none of that helps, no worries - just keep talking to folks. Cleveland Steamer was right about the Samaritans. Don't hesitate to call them. But complaining to people on here is fine too... Don't beat yourself up about any of this.

Glebe

I can only imagine how hard it is make that effort salr but it's absolutely worth it take control of and improve your life. Be kind to yourself and take it one step at a time. As Proactive said we're all rooting for you mate.✊️

salr

no, ur right mate. i know what u have to do.
Quote from: perplexingprocrastinator on March 21, 2024, 01:49:35 PMSomething else. I hope that's not totally facile - but it sounds like you've been dwelling on some very sad stuff. And dwelling is miserable, and leads you down a path to wanting to drink. You have to break the pattern, and the best way to do that is getting out of the chair and getting on with something different. 

Go for a walk, pick up the phone and talk to someone. As best you can, get away from these thoughts and feelings. Make yourself do something which occupies your mind. If that feels hard, start with something easy - like big, deep breaths, in and out, deep as you can - until you feel a bit centred and present.

Perhaps you could get out and do something for someone else...? Surprise your family by getting in the shopping or tidying up the garden. Get a bit of positive feedback, positive energy. Start small and build up.

you are right..... i know what i have to do.

I'm just spitballing. If none of that helps, no worries - just keep talking to folks. Cleveland Steamer was right about the Samaritans. Don't hesitate to call them. But complaining to people on here is fine too... Don't beat yourself up about any of this.

salr

i know what i have to do. oi have to be sober. that is fucking hard but....