Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:11:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Whatever happened to 'jogging'?

Started by Dimbleby, March 24, 2024, 08:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimbleby

When I was growing up, you'd see joggers jogging out and about. "I'm going for a jog."

Now, it's almost exclusively running in modern parlance. You go for a run.

Why don't we talk about jogging any more? Strava wankers trying to professionalise it? Or did people realise the word was just a bit weird.

Any other terms that got monstered by another and their usage fell off a cliff?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Dimbleby on March 24, 2024, 08:45:50 PMAny other terms that got monstered by another and their usage fell off a cliff?

Yeah, monstered got cunted.

Buelligan

Cunted still going strong, glad to say.

poo

Purely about flogging shit. Every cunt is an athlete now.

Captain Z

Still a reasonable community for it if you know the right lay-bys.

FeederFan500

Jogging is to running what a kickabout is to playing football, "running" sounds more impressive.

One exception to this is fast people going for a run and humble bragging that it was "only a jog".

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Joggers and runners should both settle on a shared name for them that they can both use. Here's an idea: cunts

Dex Sawash

They all switched to running because it's always joggers discovering dead bodies

BlodwynPig

thenoise

Nobody bonks any more do they? Maybe they still do in the tabloids.

shoulders

For the heroes, for the grindset, for the Sunday warriors, for the nonces, for the paedos, for the sex offenders, for the troglodytes, for the dregs, for the sputum, for the wastemen #wearejoggers

TrenterPercenter

- Killian, I'll be back.
- Only in a re-jog.

Bently Sheds

Quote from: thenoise on March 24, 2024, 10:01:59 PMNobody bonks any more do they? Maybe they still do in the tabloids.
...bonks or takes part in a romp.

flotemysost

Jog to the hills, jog for your liiiveess

Be jogging up that road
Be jogging up that hill
Be jogging up that building

I'm gonna jog to you
I'm gonna jog to you
'Cause when the feelin's right I'm gonna jog all night
I'm gonna jog to you

Etc. etc.

(I would actually quite like it if people started saying things like "well, they had a decent jog". Or referred to the stage that models walk down in haute couture shows as "the jogway")

Underturd

They changed the first letter and got reported for voyeurism.

bobloblaw

Quote from: Dimbleby on March 24, 2024, 08:45:50 PMWhen I was growing up, you'd see joggers jogging out and about. "I'm going for a jog."

Now, it's almost exclusively running in modern parlance. You go for a run.

Why don't we talk about jogging any more? Strava wankers trying to professionalise it? Or did people realise the word was just a bit weird.

Any other terms that got monstered by another and their usage fell off a cliff?

Richard Dawson did his best to keep the flame with his single in 2019

touchingcloth

Quote from: thenoise on March 24, 2024, 10:01:59 PMNobody bonks any more do they? Maybe they still do in the tabloids.

Or snogs or shags.

touchingcloth