Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:59:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

This is the news!

Started by skibz, June 27, 2004, 07:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you get your news?

Internet
21 (65.6%)
TV
2 (6.3%)
Radio
5 (15.6%)
Newspaper
3 (9.4%)
Word of mouth
1 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: June 27, 2004, 07:26:13 PM

skibz

This might be the most boring thread ever (who knows), but... do you read a newspaper? No-one I know does, except for myself - I read the Financial Times, because I've got a pink bathroom*.  So, what with all the internet news sites around, does anyone on here actually read one, and if so, which one and why?

*This was a lie, sorry :) I actually read The Observer, because I generally find it doesn't tell me what to think - and also for the absence of emotive language in its reporting.

Uncle_Z

I get all the news I need from Radio 4 and from you lot.  This is more down to minimalism than ignorance / apathy as I permit as little paper as possible to enter my house.

gazzyk1ns

I get most of my "news" from the net too, just because most of my free time is spend in the pub, sleeping, or on here... and only one of those permits news intake.

I was thinking the other week how I hardly watch TV these days... just recently has been an exception, what with Euro 2004, Fantasy Football League, and BB... but when they're done I expect I'll go back to watching about an hour per week, or something similar.

With regards to Radio, I only ever listen to Classic FM and TalkSport... And TalkSport is at night, so to be fair, I suppose I do get a bit of it from the radio. Most people who call in seem quite stupid though.

morgs

My homepage is bbc.co.uk so I get most of my news there.  (Radio 5 a close second)

wheatgod

i do read the independant when i stumble upon a copy, but nothing in the papers is ever really "news", its old as soon as its printed
i  check the bbc news site regularly tho, always handy
also, http://www.newsnow.co.uk is a godsend, up to date links to hundreds of news sites about every story, very handy

weekender

Define 'news'.

I don't mean that in a flippant way, but as I get older, I really don't care so much about 'news' anymore.  I couldn't give a fuck if we're bombing another country or anything (national news), or if a child has fallen over on a particularly bad example of paving (local news), just as long as I don't have to get involved.

thomasina

I use most of those really.  Although I skip bits that don't interest me, like sport or celeb shite stuff.

Bilko

I get my first installament of news from Ceefax, if any story is worth knowing more about I'll watch C4 news and Newsnight.  Actually I watch Newsnight every weekday night.

skibz

Quote from: "weekender"Define 'news'.

Sure - by 'news' I meant 'information on current affairs that interest you'. Sorry if I was a little vague :)

Bogey

In order: Radio 4; The Economist; Guardian/Independent; Internet; CH4 news/Newsnite; Sundries.