Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:33:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Canadian Pepsi Max

Started by dumpster, June 29, 2004, 12:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dumpster

As per the previous discussion thread, about Coke's differing standards across the world, I heard a story once about the Kebab shops that sold imported drinks getting into a whole heap of trouble.

Apparently, in Canada and the USA, Pepsi Max contains sugar, as sacharrin is illegal over there, so, as these cans have english writing on them, they are very difficult to spot, when sold here.

And diabetics drink the stuff as it apparently contains no sugar, and well, you can see the rest of this story so I'll shut up.

skibz

I don't mean to sound pretentious, but this would probably work better as a reply to the coke thread rather than as a separate thread.

Interesting point about pepsi, though.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "skibz"I don't mean to sound pretentious, but this would probably work better as a reply to the coke thread rather than as a separate thread.
I did try to give him a subtle hint.

Quote from: "skibz"Interesting point about pepsi, though.
It was.  Worth noting, especially if you're diabetic.

By the way, I think you meant "patronising", not "pretentious", Sheepy said patronisingly...

fanny splendid

Oh dear, the old Morecambe vs Lancaster rivalry finally rears it's ugly head on C&B.

Why can't we all just love each other accross the Lune?

Frinky

Quote from: "dumpster"sacharrin is illegal over there

Why is that, then? Is it some sort of Chemical Of UnEnding Badness?

Just curious, since I currently *live* off P-Max.

skibz

Quote from: "fanny splendid"Oh dear, the old Morecambe vs Lancaster rivalry finally rears it's ugly head on C&B.

Why can't we all just love each other accross the Lune?

He's lucky he's not from York :)

Seriously though, I didn't notice his location. I'm also quite worried about his point because my girlfriend is diabetic and drinks Pepsi Max a fair bit :(

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Frinky"
Quote from: "dumpster"sacharrin is illegal over there
Why is that, then? Is it some sort of Chemical Of UnEnding Badness?
According to a recent post on the other thread it causes bladder cancer, and is banned outright in Canada.  It was banned in the US, but the ban was temporarily lifted and nobody's bothered to unlift it yet.