Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:23:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Various items missing from the Internet.

Started by VegaLA, March 06, 2013, 11:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

I've spent minutes looking for that thing for buttgammon, with no results. If only Eastenders fans were as dedicated as those people who take several thousand stills of Rachel Riley from every episode of "Countdown".

I was about to print my semi-annual request for this lovely bizarre comedy which I continue to remember wrong as being called "Network East" when it was really called "Focus North" (and there's a few videos of it on Youtube, so it's doubly irrelevant to this thread). That information was from the thread after the last time I looked for it.

buttgammon

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on November 08, 2015, 09:32:25 AM
I've spent minutes looking for that thing for buttgammon, with no results. If only Eastenders fans were as dedicated as those people who take several thousand stills of Rachel Riley from every episode of "Countdown".

Bah! As grateful as I am to the latter group, I can't help but think they've wasted their time when I see tragedies like this. Thanks though!

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on November 08, 2015, 09:32:25 AM

I was about to print my semi-annual request for this lovely bizarre comedy which I continue to remember wrong as being called "Network East" when it was really called "Focus North" (and there's a few videos of it on Youtube, so it's doubly irrelevant to this thread). That information was from the thread after the last time I looked for it.

Focus North has been released on DVD, and was available from www.smileorange.co.uk, which is now missing from the Internet. I shoulda bought one when I had the chance, a quick google only brings up this DVD+R site: http://foundatlastdvds.co.uk/page-26.php

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Grass Mud Horse on November 08, 2015, 11:22:49 AM
Focus North has been released on DVD, and was available from www.smileorange.co.uk, which is now missing from the Internet. I shoulda bought one when I had the chance, a quick google only brings up this DVD+R site: http://foundatlastdvds.co.uk/page-26.php
Using the Wayback Machine, www.smileorange.co.uk was a sewing supplies website. Curiouser and curiouser.

Ah, not so curiouser - for some reason, they mislabelled their own website on some of the Youtube clips - it's www.smileorangefilms.co.uk - which also doesn't exist any more.

https://web.archive.org/web/20140330223222/http://www.smileorangefilms.co.uk/

Damn, is that an ugly, noisy website!

billtheburger

In the mid 90s version of Call My Bluff, Rod Liddle said, "twatted a child around the head".
not on internet.

billtheburger

DJ Bailey did a mix of jungle / DnB tunes mixed up with the original soul / funk influences.

Quote from: buttgammon on October 28, 2015, 01:03:31 AM
It mightn't quite be a Gutbuster but I have an Eastenders scene that I absolutely need to see. There are lots of references to and stills of Ian Beale and Phil Mitchell signing a karaoke version of Born to Run but none of the videos I could find worked. I'd be very grateful if someone enriched my life by sharing this.

There's a trace of it at the beginning of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEu7MrUI-6M

buttgammon

Like father (and uncle) like son (and nephew). Now I see where camp Ben got his showmanship from.

I'm still looking for this, incidentally. In the process, I've uncovered all manner of things, including a clip of the Mitchell brothers dancing to Kung Fu Fighting.

Steven

Chris Farlowe facilitating a jam sandwich and psyche-rock-blues at the same time? And they say men can't multitask.

Quote from: buttgammon on November 19, 2015, 05:22:22 PM
Like father (and uncle) like son (and nephew). Now I see where camp Ben got his showmanship from.

I'm still looking for this, incidentally. In the process, I've uncovered all manner of things, including a clip of the Mitchell brothers dancing to Kung Fu Fighting.

I thought that was the end of the actual Born to Run scene, just with Phil and Ian out of shot. Maybe you can hear the last word of 'baby, we were born to ruuuuun' in the air and that's why everyone is smiling. The other characters are wearing the right clothes.

Quote from: buttgammon on November 19, 2015, 05:22:22 PM
In the process, I've uncovered all manner of things, including a clip of the Mitchell brothers dancing to Kung Fu Fighting.

QuotePLEASE READ:phil and grant in this video release only special,

Small Man Big Horse

Are Phil and Ian mates these days then? I haven't watched the show in about a decade, but in the good old days they were vicious enemies who spat on each other and stuff.

As for stuff missing from the net - the second Doomlord photo story. I found the first one earlier this year but the second still seems to be in hiding.

That was back on 8 July 2010. I think it was a bit of a one off where they put aside their differences.

buttgammon

Right - so Smeraldina Rima is right. I have no idea why I thought Ben was singing in that tiny clip. Now to piece together the rest of that song!

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: billtheburger on November 19, 2015, 10:17:26 AM
DJ Bailey did a mix of jungle / DnB tunes mixed up with the original soul / funk influences.

Obviously, you've checked, but it's none of these I take it?

https://www.mixcloud.com/discover/dj-bailey/

If the mix had a name, I'll have a look round. I like a challenge.

I'd also like to see "Focus North", but there's not a single copy of the alleged DVD on eBay. The company, Smile Orange, also did "ILLKILLYA!", aka Yorkshire's greatest £200 kung-fu movie. If anyone knows them, I presume they've still got boxes of DVDs in an attic somewhere, and I want them. Not all of them, mind, just one copy of each.

billtheburger

You know what, it isn't on that page, but you made me try to work out when I heard it.
Lo & behold, of fuckin' course it's on the internet, but, contary to my memory, it's the jungle tracks mixed with their original reggae tunes & not funk:

DJ Bailey's Jungalistic Version Excursion
mixcloud
youtube

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on December 04, 2015, 08:07:53 AM
I'd also like to see "Focus North", but there's not a single copy of the alleged DVD on eBay. The company, Smile Orange, also did "ILLKILLYA!", aka Yorkshire's greatest £200 kung-fu movie. If anyone knows them, I presume they've still got boxes of DVDs in an attic somewhere, and I want them. Not all of them, mind, just one copy of each.
I feel like this is do-able, but it would be a matter of finding Mr Smile Orange's real name and seeing which person on Facebook has a profile pic that looks likely.

Which is the tactic I just used on trying to find some obscure bits by a director called Donald Farmer, who made / makes cheap shot-on-video stuff. I've seen all his movies up to a 1999 one called "Space Kid", which seems to have thoroughly disappeared, and I'm beginning to think never got a proper release at all.

Well, I found a website called B-Independent, which distributed low and no-budget movies - http://www.b-independent.com/distribution.htm . Having a look at it, they've got tons of Farmer, but it appears to have stopped updating in 2000, so all the sales links are defunct (not that I'd pay $19 for a bunch of outtakes from a movie). The bloke who ran it left his name on a few of the pull quotes, so he was pretty easy to track down. Or perhaps I could just watch some good films instead.

Famous Mortimer

"Space Kid" {mentioned above) never got a VHS or DVD release, and I got as far as asking the director himself, who gave me a non-committal "I'll see if I've got a copy somewhere" then never got back to me (or perhaps he read the review I gave one of his other films).

But in surely-simpler-to-get-hold-of news, "Eurotrash". Series 1 is on a load of torrent sites, as is a Christmas special and a specially produced video...I have their Eurovision special too. But the many other series? Not a chuffing bit of em. I know Youtube has a few clips, but that's all there is, no rhyme or reason to them. If anyone can find any of the other series, I'd be very grateful.

dmillburn

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on December 04, 2015, 08:07:53 AM

Good news and bad news. I've found the guy from Smile Orange but it doesn't look too hopeful as he lives in Australia now so guessing any remaining stock would be long gone. I've emailed him to see what he says anyway as I'd like to pick up Focus North and Kipple myself, I meant to get around to ordering Focus North myself for years and then all of sudden the website disappeared.

Entropy Balsmalch

I've never been able to find the page where a supply teacher asked his class to draw pictures of Zoidberg, which he then ruthlessly critiqued.

It appears to be behind a paywall these days.

And the chances of the pics still be served up somewhere are remote.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: dmillburn on February 03, 2016, 01:30:10 PM
Good news and bad news. I've found the guy from Smile Orange but it doesn't look too hopeful as he lives in Australia now so guessing any remaining stock would be long gone. I've emailed him to see what he says anyway as I'd like to pick up Focus North and Kipple myself, I meant to get around to ordering Focus North myself for years and then all of sudden the website disappeared.
Good work that man! If you get hold of anyone with some stock, I'll have one of whatever they've got.

dmillburn

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on February 03, 2016, 01:48:16 PM
Good work that man! If you get hold of anyone with some stock, I'll have one of whatever they've got.

Got some good news for you re DVDs- I'll drop you a PM as I just want to check he's ok with me giving his email out.

billtheburger

Evidence that they used to change the word ASDA into LSD on this old campaign:

billtheburger

An East up orientated world map with East & Austrailia at the top and West and Hawaii at the bottom in the same aspect as North up orientation.

Phil_A

Live Into '85. Infamously disastrous BBC Hogmany broadcast from the Gleneagles Hotel . I would love to see this in full.

Quote from: Off The TellyIt was in the 1980s that the rot started to set in – the broadcasters mounting a series of abysmal specials to see us into the following year. The all-time low was the BBC's notoriousLive Into '85, a shambolic outside broadcast from Gleneagles where Tom O'Connor had to hold the show together while the poet John Grieve forgot his lines over and over again, a pipe band went completely out of control and wouldn't stop and Chic Murray was so confused by his stage directions he was reduced to just staring at the camera for five minutes.

The frustrating thing is there did used to be footage online - specifically Tom O'Connor introducing blow-dried Samba murderers Modern Romance. So someone had a tape of the show at some point. And apparently lots of it was featured on a 2008 documentary called Hogmany On TV but I can't find this anywhere either.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on January 02, 2016, 07:26:19 AM
I feel like this is do-able, but it would be a matter of finding Mr Smile Orange's real name and seeing which person on Facebook has a profile pic that looks likely.

Which is the tactic I just used on trying to find some obscure bits by a director called Donald Farmer, who made / makes cheap shot-on-video stuff. I've seen all his movies up to a 1999 one called "Space Kid", which seems to have thoroughly disappeared, and I'm beginning to think never got a proper release at all.

Well, I found a website called B-Independent, which distributed low and no-budget movies - http://www.b-independent.com/distribution.htm . Having a look at it, they've got tons of Farmer, but it appears to have stopped updating in 2000, so all the sales links are defunct (not that I'd pay $19 for a bunch of outtakes from a movie). The bloke who ran it left his name on a few of the pull quotes, so he was pretty easy to track down. Or perhaps I could just watch some good films instead.
If this bump is too bump-y, please delete, but I was just looking for that Parole Officer poster again and noticed this post from me. I'm now mates with the bloke who ran B-Independent, which is nice!

Did neveragain ever find his episode of Byker Grove?

Phil_A

Also if Small Man Big Horse is still after Doomlord II five years after he originally asked, I think there's a complete run of eighties Eagle on this site:

https://britishcomics.wordpress.com/2018/10/18/eagle-2nd-serie-1982-1984/

non capisco

I watch the Talk Talk 'It's My Life' video a lot because I bloody adore that song and now always find the bit where the ostrich comes on strangely haunting thanks to Replies From View's long and so-far fruitless quest to find the same footage set to Chariots Of Fire. One day that'll pop up on YouTube and I want to be the one that finds it for him. That and "You've got a friend in Max the Lion" for Psuedopath.

MrMrs