Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:54:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

*WIBBLY WOOP WIBBLYSKEEP* That's not where the cart goes, sir

Started by Fambo Number Mive, May 19, 2022, 08:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gurke and Hare

Cart Narc sounds like a weird authoritarian cunt. "All shopping trolleys must be returned to the correct spot, citizen." Fuck off, weirdo. Get a proper job down a coal mine or something.

The trick with trolleys where you need a quid to get them is to use a euro instead, then if someone offers you a quid for it when you're coming out of the shop you can make 15p of profit.

Brian Freeze

I lost my special purple trolley token by showing off in front of my daughter and trying to take a trolley from the front of the line.

Not sure if this is a thing thats happening or Ive turned into the sort of twat that notices these things but I seem to be noticing peoples detritus being left in the bottom of their trolleys a lot more often.

Is anyone trying to fix this big issue?

Dex Sawash

Once stuck my coin in at aldi and the carts were stuck together. Swore and walked back to the car to get another quarter. Was on the way back with another quarter before I realized I just had to stick the chain back in to get my coin back.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 19, 2022, 10:27:07 AMI presume paying for the order of the person behind would only work if everyone ordered the same price thing, otherwise you could be out of pocket.

I can't work out how you know what the people behind you in a drive-thru are ordering in the first place when you're at the window and they aren't.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on May 19, 2022, 02:16:10 PMI can't work out how you know what the people behind you in a drive-thru are ordering in the first place when you're at the window and they aren't.

Don't you normally order at an intercom before you actually get to the window? So as you're at the window, the person behind you is ordering.

Dex Sawash

They order at the remote speaker thing, you just tell the helper person you want to pay for the person behind you, I reckon. Dunno, it is shit for americunts

turnstyle

I've seen this fella before. He did a few videos in England, but found he didn't need to harass anyone as people generally put their carts back nicely.

Never felt so bleedin proud.

First the Beatles and now this.

'And did those feet, in ancient times....'

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on May 19, 2022, 02:29:08 PMDon't you normally order at an intercom before you actually get to the window? So as you're at the window, the person behind you is ordering.

Oh, I see. I don't drive or thru so I have no idea of the procedure.

Famous Mortimer

Perhaps supermarkets ought to have more depositories for carts, rather than trying to cram as many parking spaces as possible in. But that's more difficult for wankers to make Youtube videos out of, I suppose.

Goldentony

why would you voluntarily want to be the policeman equivalent of leo sayer

shoulders

QuoteOn the other hand, I do feel that some of the Cart Narcs do go a bit overboard

OH WOT

FUCKIN HELL!

FUKKKKKKKINNNNN

ELLLLLLLLLL!

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

You'll notice a lot of people in these videos telling yer man to get a job, and...well...they have a point.

he seems like a fucking busy body who only seems to pick on fat people. 

DJ Bob Hoskins

I'm outraged by this whole affair and plan to start a YouTube channel where I publicly harass people who do bring back their shopping trolleys, on the basis that the carts are technically Freemen of the Land and should not have to abide by supermarket statutes to which they did not consent.

Fambo Number Mive

He needs to work on how he deals with people with disabilities, watching his video when he confronted with the woman who throw coke at him. Implying the woman doesn't have a real disability because he saw her walk around the store well and she was able to throw things at him is pretty ignorant.

There's also one video called "employee intervention" with the description "Sadly, some store workers will blindly side with lying lazybones, instead of doing what is ultimately the correct thing."

Imagine being the store manager and having to deal with this clown annoying customers. He patronises the manager claiming she does not understand the gravity of the situation. Lots of Cart Narc lovers insulting the manager in the comments, including comments about her weight.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: checkoutgirl on May 19, 2022, 11:01:59 AMI'm baffled by this, it makes no sense at all. Is it an obsessive compulsive thing or something? A germaphobe thing? If they offer you the value of the amount spent, why not give them it?

Oh that is weird.  Up until your post I was assuming they were offering less than whatever coin was in the trolley.

Gurke and Hare

I'm still furious about this guy. Fuck him, the failed to even get in as whatever the US equivalent of PCSO is arsehole.

gib

hope someone throws this cunt off a bridge to divert a deadly trolley that was otherwise destined to kill some nuns

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on May 19, 2022, 10:03:29 PMhe seems like a fucking busy body who only seems to pick on fat people. 

He lives in America, who else is he going to pick on?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

These videos are actually sort of addictive, although the main guy ( there are other "Cart Fucking Nark"s) is clearly a prick. He's actively seeking out a twatting by being deliberately provocative to people, like a sort of  Supermarket car park based Roger Cook, except He's exposing people who can't be arsed to take their trolleys back, or are in a hurry, as opposed to exposing paedophile rings. In one video he insults a vaguely Nick Nolte looking type by calling him old, and saying that his car isn't that great, and backs off pretty sharpish when NN features quite understandably starts squaring up to him.When you reach the point where you're throwing your fourth magnet onto a car, or the manager of the actual fucking store in front of which you're doing your schtick comes out to tell you to fuck off, you should realise what a dick you're being. Also, considering the fact that he's doing this in America, he's fucking lucky He's not been shot dead at least six times by now.
Cart Nark? Trolley Wally, more like !!!!!!

petril

I'm waiting for the one where he goes for a mass shooter just before they head off to get started, and doesn't realise anything the whole time

either that or one who's just shot up the store and he's torn between doing his duty or not

Dex Sawash

Aldi run at lunch just now, a woman forced me to take her cart despite me not making eye contact and ramping up my anti-social vibe emanations. Tried to give her a quarter (americoin) and she said "no, just pay it forward"
After shopping, there was nobody to give my buggy to and didn't want to abandon it and risk being WIBBLY WOOP WIBBLYSKEEP'd at so I pocketed the coin.

Icehaven

I actually find it useful when people leave trolleys all over the place as then I can just grab one of them instead of having to find the designated bays or dig out my trolley token thing.
As a non-driver I also find that drivers often drive even more cuntishly in car parks than they do on roads, ignoring pedestrian crossings and going way too fast considering there's people walking everywhere, so abandoned trolleys inconveniencing them suits me fine (not in disabled spaces though obvs.)

Zero Gravitas

Of all the rules to be right about telling people to follow I wonder why he focused on this one.

Something psychosexually formative to do with trolleys obviously, but I wonder what the details were.

Fambo Number Mive

I suppose it's easy to spot and easy to film, you're not in an area with lots of people so there isn't lots of background noise and people dicking around. They can drive round the USA and just hang out in the shop car park and wait.

The Cart Narcs appear to be part of The Woody Show.

QuoteThe Woody Show is highly interactive, socially engaging, "appointment radio." Listeners, in their own words, call The Woody Show "authentic," "raw," "unapologetic" and describe it as "recess/happy hour on the radio." Listen live weekday mornings from 5am-10am.

Zero Gravitas

Yeah, it's practical in all of those senses, no doubt, but why?

Is this tapping into a great sea of people who are silently infuriated by trolley abandonment and are wired up in a way that they're getting a vicarious thrill seeing SOMETHING DONE ABOUT IT?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on May 19, 2022, 12:11:39 PMThe trick with trolleys where you need a quid to get them is to use a euro instead, then if someone offers you a quid for it when you're coming out of the shop you can make 15p of profit.

The trolley system is the Achilles' heel of NFTs, and the whole edifice will come tumbling down when people realise that they will need to return their trolleys to the trolley station to reclaim their NFT rather than swapping it with someone in the car park.

BritishHobo

I've gotten obsessed with these videos. He's undoubtedly a bit of a knobhead, but I'm fascinated by his peevishness coming up against these angry and sometimes scary people. Sometimes they're wankers from the off, like the guy who shouts that he didn't put his cart back "'cos you're gonna take care of it for me!" Then you end up rooting for him a little bit, until you remember again what a wazzock he is.

I think it's just fascinating on a social level. The one where he follows the three people to the storage unit, and the angry man can't figure out how to get rid of him, because it's such an unprecedented social situation.

Fambo Number Mive

I wonder how the whole Cart Narcs segment came about, whether they came up with it at the Woody Show and got one of their team or hired someone to be the main Cart Narc (Agent Sebastian), or whether there was already someone out there going around America being a Cart Narc and the Woody Show hired them.

Watched one video recently where he was insulting a guy for having moobs.

Fambo Number Mive

There are also some Cart Narc videos on The Woody Show's Youtube page.

Here's a video of the Cart Narc moving a trolley so the person who didn't put it back in the cart return can't drive away