Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:30:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football Thread 2021/22 Part 2 - Matt Le Tosser, Dejan Moron and Thickie Lambert

Started by JamesTC, April 06, 2022, 08:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

Quote from: Kankurette on May 19, 2022, 10:14:36 PMCrenners, you lot have still got a very real chance of doing the quad, shouldn't you be more focused on that right now?

Crenners is an Everton fan isn't he?

Rhetorical question, like. I know he is.

EOLAN

Going 2-0 down in their final home game to a Selhurst Park based club with relegation looming. Always works out nicely for Everton.

Kankurette

Quote from: imitationleather on May 19, 2022, 10:17:50 PMCrenners is an Everton fan isn't he?

Rhetorical question, like. I know he is.
Really? I thought he was just another Liverpool fan being ironic.

Wonderful Butternut

Hope Burnley go down now. The only thing to like about them was Dyche persistently managing to keep them up on what seemed like a budget of 50p and half a curly-wurly.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Kankurette on May 19, 2022, 10:23:05 PMReally? I thought he was just another Liverpool fan being ironic.

Nah he is Everton, he used to run a Everton themed gaming pub.

Anyway congratulations well done avoiding the drop!

Kankurette

I'm surprised you guys didn't beat Burnley tonight. I guess Pope just turned into a tank.

badaids

That game at Everton tonight was just ridic.

Of all the considerable stresses in my life, Everton and the terrible cunts there take the biscuit.

Oh, and was that the final game at Goodison?  If so what a way to go.

Kankurette

EOLAN

If Lampard got Everton relegated I seriously think they should have stuck with him. But having survived I think it is better for the club to get rid over the summer.

Kankurette

Just watched the highlights. How the fuck was Ayew allowed to stay on the pitch after scissor tackling Gordon?

badaids

Quote from: Kankurette on May 19, 2022, 11:24:43 PMJust watched the highlights. How the fuck was Ayew allowed to stay on the pitch after scissor tackling Gordon?

It was a yellow and a half, lucky not to be sent off.  Entirely typical that he scored jammily off his shoulder 4 minutes later after a chain of two or three dickheaded errors.

EOLAN

Quote from: Kankurette on May 19, 2022, 11:24:43 PMJust watched the highlights. How the fuck was Ayew allowed to stay on the pitch after scissor tackling Gordon?

Thought it was bordering on a red. Calvert-Lewin had a very similar challenge in the second-half as well.

AllisonSays

The Viera thing and the Sharp thing are interesting. Feels increasingly like someone's gonna get stabbed to death of the pitch, honestly.

Kankurette

I hope they don't bring back fences. Invading the pitch is one thing but attacking players is shit. Forest Fuckface is claiming he got excited but he's a grown man, that's no excuse for ramming Sharp.

Captain Z

Apologies if this is old hat to some, but I have been dying for something like this to exist for years. Football thumbnails if they weren't clickbait:

mr. logic

Quote from: Mobius on May 19, 2022, 09:50:14 PMBrentford Vs Leeds
Burnley Vs Newcastle

Leeds and Burnley on the same points, but Burnley have about 20 better goal difference so basically Leeds NEED to win and hope Burnley don't? Both pretty tough games really.

I think Newcastle will beat Burnley, in which case a draw is enough for Leeds.

Mobius

Oops you're are right. I fucked that right up.

Spurs mate at work is convinced they're gonna lose. I don't see it, Norwich are shite.

Bernice

Christ, I am hanging out my arse after that game last night.

I know we're meant to be very po-faced about it, but pitch invasions are fucking great.

Inspector Norse

News just in that the FA are deducting six points from Everton for the two pitch invasions last night.

bgmnts

Quote from: mr. logic on May 20, 2022, 04:31:27 AMI think Newcastle will beat Burnley, in which case a draw is enough for Leeds.

Burnley got an away draw at Villa, who are a decent team, and Ayling and James stupidly got red cards in the last two games so they'll miss them.

Going for Burnley to stay up myself.

Quote from: Inspector Norse on May 20, 2022, 08:59:32 AMNews just in that the FA are deducting six points from Everton for the two pitch invasions last night.

That would be problematic given the quite blatant Premier League/PGMOL conspiracy to prevent them from going down.

But seriously, congratulations to Everton.

The pro-LFC media might persistently allude to their huge spending and FFP breaches but the league doesn't lie: they deserved it.

Beagle 2

Loving all the "this must never happen again" chat, as if this was an unfortunate blip in an otherwise glorious recent history.

Same time next year then.

DrGreggles

Kankurette

Everton stayed up in spite of Lampard. Not because of him. Plus Richarlison probably won't be there next season.

I will never understand why they ditched Marcel Brands.

Lost Oliver

Quote from: EOLAN on May 19, 2022, 11:52:00 PMThought it was bordering on a red. Calvert-Lewin had a very similar challenge in the second-half as well.

On Zaha? I want to see this again but it's nowhere online. Couple of Twatter mentions but that's it.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Kankurette on May 20, 2022, 10:09:10 AMEverton stayed up in spite of Lampard. Not because of him.

One does get the impression based on recent games that their uptick in form is basically down to the players realising they might get relegated and deciding to put a shift in, rather than anything tactical or inspirational that's gone on behind the scenes.
There's still a lot of dead wood there and several areas of the team need overhauling even if they can keep the small handful of genuinely good players they have (Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin, Pickford, Mina, Gordon. Mykolenko has done very well for a young defender joining a relegation-threatened team mid-season in an unfamiliar league just as Russians invaded his country). Do you trust Lampard to take care of recruitment?

Kankurette

Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin will almost certainly be gone next season, and Calvert-Lewin's been completely anonymous for most of it anyway. Pickford will probably stay, as will Gordon.

Ham Bap

Everton fan of 35+ years again.
I don't want to have to through a season like that again. Already lived through the 90's.
We were absolutely dead and buried last night at half-time. Bad times.

I'm not sure Lampard is a good manager but he done what needed to be done. Before he came in we had won 1 league game in 14 including Norwich beating us and Watford beating us 5-2 at Goodison when we were 2-1 up with 30 minutes left.

The problem Lampard had when he came in was that he trusted the players a bit too much and thought they could play expansive football.
We went on a good run that kept us up beating Man Utd, Chelsea, Leicester and last night. I'm not sure any other manager within our grasp could have done that.

Awful season overall though with Sigurdsson stuff, no money to spend, Calvert-Lewin missing 90% of the season injured, Benitez falling out with and selling Digne our only remaining creative player left, despite being a left back, referee decisions going against us.

Major overhaul needed in the summer.
A few leaving that have been draining us with big wages such as Sigurdsson, Delph, Tosun. Nearly £1m a month saved there.