Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:01:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Earth Shattering Local News

Started by Blumf, June 23, 2011, 04:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alberon

Grandad discovers rock that looks like Lord Voldemort

QuoteA grandad had a magical moment on a British beach when he discovered a rock that looks like Lord Voldemort.

Andy Yon noticed the resemblance while strolling along the seafront at Weston-super-Mare beach, Somerset.

Looks like a rock, mate.

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news/24185419.grandad-discovers-rock-looks-like-lord-voldemort/

kalowski

Looks more like Edward Heath.

Fambo Number Mive

Whilst I feel sorry for all those killed in World War Two who weren't actual Nazis, and I've read how horrific trench warfare is, imagine putting your energy into this rather than using it to campaign for peace in wars that are going on RIGHT NOW:

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/24233674.1-500-soldier-silhouettes-d-day-tribute-leaves-oxfordshire/

Just feels like some kind of twisted pagentry at this point.

QuoteThe statues, created by Witney artist Dan Barton and the Standing With Giants creative team at his workshop in Stanton Harcourt, will travel from Blenheim Palace to Portsmouth in a four-lorry convoy today.

The carrying crates and plinths in which they will be stored for the journey are "an art installation in themselves", Mr Barton said.

I wonder how all those poor men crouching in trenches hoping they would survive the war would feel about this. I don't think they would be very impressed.

Given how many war veterans end up homeless, perhaps raising money for homeless charities would be another better way for the 1000 volunteers and 80 different groups to spend their time.

Blumf

Seems to be a nice little grift going on with council artworks these days. Get yourself a CNC plasma cutter, grab some clip art SVG file of an "are brave boy", cut it out of some 10mm sheet steel, weld a stand, and spray black. Jobs a good-un, have £10k. Rinse, repeat.

PlanktonSideburns

Love how they've cropped the html there, sounds like an advert for him

buttgammon

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on April 10, 2024, 10:58:00 AMLove how they've cropped the html there, sounds like an advert for him

Accompanied by copious horse and leaf emojis and his Telegram handle.

Gurke and Hare

Glebe