Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:08:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

1987 Michael Barrymore Special

Started by TheMonk, September 11, 2023, 04:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on September 13, 2023, 12:38:48 PMSavile had more talent when it came to networking, getting in with the right people, and making and retaining wealth.

Did he, now?

Ignatius_S

Quote from: poodlefaker on September 13, 2023, 02:30:35 PMRemember when he tried to do a UK Larry Sanders with Keith Allen? Grim.

Wouldn't agree with that. Although it was always going to fall short of the show it was modelled on, I felt it was a solid enough series and the guest stars did a decent job.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: JesuitWrangler on September 13, 2023, 12:33:30 PMDamn, that 'Families at Home' skit where he pretends to be Asian is horrific. 7 minutes of him inconsistently mixing up 'r' and 'l'. That's all there is to it.

Christ.

Graphic poolside shot

beanheadmcginty

Anybody else remember Mick and Mac that he did on CBBC? For some reason I can't remember he lived in a big studio apartment with a miniature bald Scotsman.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on September 13, 2023, 05:19:13 PMAnybody else remember Mick and Mac that he did on CBBC? For some reason I can't remember he lived in a big studio apartment with a miniature bald Scotsman.

World's shortest Wikipedia page. "Mick and Mac is a British comedy series, which aired on BBC Television in 1990 starring Michael Barrymore.[1]" [1] "BBC - Comedy Guide - Mick And Mac". Archived from the original on 19 November 2004. Retrieved 5 September 2013.

ollyboro

Matthew Dawkins Jub Jub

jobotic

Quote from: Petey Pate on September 13, 2023, 11:25:23 AMThe Mash and Peas spoof of Barrymore might be the funniest thing David Walliams has ever done. Also features Paul Putner.

His face at 3:19 is brilliant

oggyraiding

He was kind of awful on Celebrity Big Brother, but that rehabilitated him to some extent and he presented an episode of Friday Night Project.

He also appeared on Celebrity Come Dine With Me where he was a right cunt. Smashed loads of plates and one person's house because it's Greek tradition, stole a fur coat from one host's house, next day brought it as a gift for another guest. Then the coat theft victim looks mental trying to prove it's her coat the other woman had been given.

Not a cheeky chappy, just antagonistic and unpleasant.

Quote from: oggyraiding on September 14, 2023, 04:56:03 PMSmashed loads of plates and one person's house

He demolished someone's home?  He got work with a Planning Department?

TheMonk

At last, a broadcast quality copy of episode one of Michael Barrymore's Saturday Night Out. Pretty brave starting the show with Doing The Crab. Like Toto opening with Africa.

Pseudopath

Quote from: TheMonk on March 10, 2024, 08:00:16 AMAt last, a broadcast quality copy of episode one of Michael Barrymore's Saturday Night Out. Pretty brave starting the show with Doing The Crab. Like Toto opening with Africa.

Phenomenal Keith Harris set. Although he couldn't wait to get that drippy duck off the stage, could he?

Bentpitch

Quote from: TheMonk on March 10, 2024, 08:00:16 AMAt last, a broadcast quality copy of episode one of Michael Barrymore's Saturday Night Out. Pretty brave starting the show with Doing The Crab. Like Toto opening with Africa.

Good to see Tom Jones there with Harris.

Glebe

ProvanFan

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on September 13, 2023, 05:19:13 PMAnybody else remember Mick and Mac that he did on CBBC? For some reason I can't remember he lived in a big studio apartment with a miniature bald Scotsman.

Fuuuucking hell

I resent you inducing frisson with a Barrymore memory

ProvanFan

I should take this to its logical conclusion by jumping around to the Turtles intro

TheMonk

Seems he opened every episode of the series with Doing The Crab then? Pretty confident it was a great piece of TV, he was.

jamiefairlie

Imagine bumming a comatose guy to death in your own swimming pool not being the worst thing you've ever done.

mrfridge

Quote from: jamiefairlie on March 10, 2024, 05:52:52 PMImagine bumming a comatose guy to death in your own swimming pool not being the worst thing you've ever done.

Brilliant!

Cuntbeaks

I would definitely recommend the Celebrity Come Dine With Me episodes he's in. Powerful "nervous breakdown being kept at bay with lots of prescription drugs vibes".

TheMonk

I don't know if anyone else is putting themselves through these as they are uploaded. Barrymore singing Reach Out And Touch Somebody's Hand at 42:00 is one of the naffest things I've seen. His voice really is not good.
Still sticking with the crab song at the start.
EDIT: oh I see this account has already uploaded the lot. Never seen the Cannon and Ball series "Plaza Patrol" that's on there. They were jacks of all trades.
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLr0hJ1Zyva1dKoSyDiKnBZjwJGCnoX2VP&si=yb5KnynYQsopo-95