Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:22:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Inside Number 9 - Series 9

Started by Snrub, December 20, 2023, 11:23:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snrub

Guest stars have been announced for Series 9 - the final series - and should be on in spring

https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2023/12/20/54721/guest_stars_revealed_for_inside_no_9s_final_series

Assume no bus episode, but there is a picture of one at a tube stop.

I know they have said in the past the only time they might bring an actor back for a second number 9 was Mark Gattiss in the final episode. Wonder if they actually will do that.

Norton Canes

Final? I thought they said this would just be a hiatus. (hi9us?)

BlodwynPig

Fambo Number Mive

Ooh
Spoiler alert
Merseyrail
[close]

neveragain

Quote from: Norton Canes on December 20, 2023, 11:36:22 AMFinal? I thought they said this would just be a hiatus. (hi9us?)

They said they might go back to it, but think that's just a nice way of saying final. There are plans for an original stage show however (and currently an un-original one - just adapted episodes - running in Shanghai.)

lauraxsynthesis

Quote from: Snrub on December 20, 2023, 11:23:52 AMGuest stars have been announced for Series 9 - the final series - and should be on in spring

https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2023/12/20/54721/guest_stars_revealed_for_inside_no_9s_final_series

Assume no bus episode, but there is a picture of one at a tube stop.

I know they have said in the past the only time they might bring an actor back for a second number 9 was Mark Gattiss in the final episode. Wonder if they actually will do that.

Some ace folks there including some they've worked with before in other things. I'm moving my hare around the flat in anticipation.

jobotic

Marsan? They always pick one twat*

* sometimes

Hobo With A Shit Pun

Quote from: jobotic on December 20, 2023, 02:42:24 PMMarsan? They always pick one twat*

* sometimes

Frances Barber in the last one.
(Whose name always makes my brain add "will have her revenge on Seattle.") But season seven was twatless, that I recall.

"We take the finest ingredients (stellar casts and creatives) and blend them with our secret recipe to produce unique confections that are delicious and often deadly" - such a perfect description of the alchemy behind its production.

Looking forward to seeing some nice surprises involved besides the good cast and crew members already named there (Wokoma, Cooper etc)

Mobius

I just finally got round to watching this a few weeks ago, and am nearly finished series 5.

It's really good isn't it? I don't think there has been an episode I haven't enjoyed. I feel as if it's gotten even better as it's gone along, series 4 and 5 have been some of the best for me.

It was also fun to go back and read the threads here for each episode as they aired, which might be a bit sad.

Brian Freeze

Quote from: Mobius on December 20, 2023, 10:29:28 PMIt was also fun to go back and read the threads here for each episode as they aired, which might be a bit sad.

Nah, I'd do that as we didn't watch near the release dates, tricky stopping at the correct comment to avoid spoilers for the next episode but it was great to read what you lot thought about them.

Captain Z

We were loving it on the cookdandbombd forum

lauraxsynthesis

Quote from: Captain Z on December 21, 2023, 08:40:32 AMWe were loving it on the cookdandbombd forum

Whoop whoop! Hi Reece if you're here somewhere

Glebe

Quote from: Snrub on December 20, 2023, 11:23:52 AMI know they have said in the past the only time they might bring an actor back for a second number 9 was Mark Gattiss in the final episode. Wonder if they actually will do that.

Derek Jacobi appeared twice, though it was just his voice the first time!

Eddie Marsan!

Icehaven

Shame they didn't call it Inside Number 900, then we'd have another 891 series to look forward to.

Glebe

Snrub

Quote from: Glebe on December 21, 2023, 01:35:29 PMDerek Jacobi appeared twice, though it was just his voice the first time!

The do mention that on the Inside Inside No 9 podcast (which hopefully comes back this series) - that they know that's a bit of a cheat and wanted him on screen at least once, but wouldn't make that exception again - except presumably for Mark!

Glebe

A surprise special guest would be nice.

neveragain

lauraxsynthesis

The surprise special guest will be Robin Asquith

neveragain

Well, I'm off to the BFI screening on Monday (and the music for the series has just been completed) so it shouldn't be too long before this final series comes to telly.

There were some episode location spoilers posted on Amazon then quickly taken off. If you want to find them, I'd say just look on the Inside No. 9 reddit.

And if anyone wants a top-up, this compilation video takes you through the episodes quite enjoyably (and illustrates how many different visual styles they've adopted)... https://youtu.be/ytUhs9Y06Pk?si=Y8DTafHHIPbuuplR

lauraxsynthesis

That video is brill - especially the inclusion of Hold on Tight!

They showed us 2 full and pretty much ready to go episodes tonight.
Spoiler alert
One filmed from the pov of a Ring CCTV camera and one set on a train - filmed in a Merseyrail test train but not set anywhere in particular, I think.
[close]

On the strength of the last episode alone, I reckon the Bafta's in the bag again.
Spoiler alert
It's pitch dark though my god. The guy sat next to me said they've gone full Black Mirror, and he's right.
[close]

A few cast and crew turned up in the audience as well and it felt a bit like a work family occasion. At the end, Adam Tandy paid tribute to all the folks who had worked on the series over the past 12 years. Lovely warm vibe in NFT1. Reece & Steve seemed very relaxed for people with weeks of editing ahead, and I did get the impression they're happy to have released themselves from any expectation of more episodes. They're still saying there won't be more, but it's clear they've got more stuff coming up together.

The interview & Q&A were filmed so I imagine will go up along with the others on Youtube. I doubt there was anything that will need cutting out unless it's Tandy being racist about Liverpool. The audience questions were very good and the last one was just someone thanking them for making such wonderful programmes and helping us get through the pandemic.

They didn't say if the wonderful Inside Inside No 9 podcast is coming back. They also didn't explain the CaB reference. Not that it came up. 

neveragain

This starts on Wednesday the 8th of May at 10pm on BBC Two.

QuoteBoo to a Goose
Inside No. 9Series 9 Episode 1 of 6
Late-night passengers get stuck in a tunnel when their train breaks down. Patiently, they wait for the replacement service until a nurse gets her purse stolen and tempers start to fray.

Glebe

her?

Quote from: DelurkedToHelp on April 24, 2024, 10:35:05 PMThis starts on Wednesday the 8th of May at 10pm on BBC Two.

They've got to have something special planned for this but what? They've already done a Psychoville and had Gatiss back. So what????

Glebe

Fabian Thomsett

We might actually get a Robin Askwith episode this time.

Icehaven

Quote from: her? on April 24, 2024, 11:49:02 PMThey've got to have something special planned for this but what? They've already done a Psychoville and had Gatiss back. So what????

Maybe there's actually going to be 9 episodes. Although that would have required 50% more money and time and the TV schedules for the final 3 weeks would be messed up so it's unlikely.

mjwilson