Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:16:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Staths Lets Flats - Series 3

Started by Mobius, October 25, 2021, 03:27:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Utter Shit

I can't stop thinking about Stath's attempts to roast everyone at the pub.

"What's the deal with you lot? You've been coming here for ages, but I haven't because I didn't even know about it"

"This guy Dean, he works in my office and guess what? He's never been swimming with me"

amateur

Quote from: Utter Shit on December 03, 2021, 09:32:34 AM"This guy Dean, he works in my office and guess what? He's never been swimming with me"

An absolutely sensational line. Really felt the series dropped off a ledge after that episode, they should have ended it there.

Bad Ambassador

I remember him complaining in another episode that he had to take three buses across town and none of the other passengers wanted to talk to him.

paruses

Episode 5 was weird. Had a lot of laughs in it but felt like its purpose was to fill in gaps and move plots along to wrap it all up in episode 6.

C_Larence

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on December 03, 2021, 10:51:20 AMI remember him complaining in another episode that he had to take three buses across town and none of the other passengers wanted to talk to him.

Yeah that's another great one. I call those "detective agency" lines after this joke from the Simpsons. Little jokes that are inherently funny but also effortlessly worldbuild.

paruses

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on December 03, 2021, 10:51:20 AMI remember him complaining in another episode that he had to take three buses across town and none of the other passengers wanted to talk to him.

It's lines like this I forget but when I hear them makes me feel great affection for the character(s).

I watched this video with earlier

and Jamie Demetriou mentioned that the Greek internet TV floating head bit was based on a true event, he was wearing a blue shirt and for some reason their studio had a blue screen instead of a green screen, so he had to go out and buy a t shirt before the interview could continue. The video of that is below

Mobius

Ha, that's great. That Greek TV is very charming.

Clicking back through the thread I forgot how funny the outtakes were (DVD licking in particular) and the football song he did on that Harry Hill show. What a funny man in and out of character.

Also a new American comedy with Jamie Demetriou starts tomorrow - https://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-afterparty/season-1 It's got Richard from Veep in too.

up_the_hampipe

He said in an interview recently that the future of SLF is uncertain, which surprised me because I thought the series 3 finale was the end of the show. It's time he moved up. I hope he gets his big break from The Afterparty. He's one of the best comedic performers I've seen in years.

Mobius

I read on Chortle that the company that produced Stath have hired new staff, specifically with an eye to doing an American remake. I wonder if Stath in America would give it a bit of longevity? Or turn him into a Borat type character. But no idea if that means Stath playing himself in America, or a brand new Stath and cast or what.

I love Stath, but yeah I agree that was a nice time to end it. Wouldn't complain about more.. but don't want to see it go downhill.

Bad Ambassador

A pilot was being developed for Fox, called Brent Rents, but that was dropped from development and is now being shopped around.

Mobius

Just noticed after mentioning The Afterparty, that the first episode is free on youtube so here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P07_FHcRNEU