Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:08:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

15 Glinutes of Shame: Lying in the Gettr Looking at the TRAs

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, January 16, 2022, 12:14:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonny_Jim

Incident reports usually have a list of people involved/casualty suffered.  It's her husband deliberately trying to wind up the other employees. 

They sound like they were made for each other, petty little twats.

jobotic

MigraineBoy

When we were discussing her "he then left for a meeting peaking everybody as he went" story from a few months ago, it was pointed out she'd posted a thread a few months earlier about her husband stopping his bicycle to open the eyes of people in the street.

I mean, he either doesn't exist and a few times a year she makes a TERF variant of "and everybody cheered" for likes, or he's a dreadful cunt.

canadagoose

On a slightly different topic, it's been a whole entire year since Nicola Sturgeon did  this video. Has anything happened? Has it buggery. Just an absolute broken promise, while several politicians in the party spread transphobic rubbish as per usual.

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: canadagoose on January 27, 2022, 12:03:56 PMOn a slightly different topic, it's been a whole entire year since Nicola Sturgeon did  this video. Has anything happened? Has it buggery. Just an absolute broken promise, while several politicians in the party spread transphobic rubbish as per usual.

Yeah I know a fair few people hurt by this, with John Mason using a huge dog whistle in Parliament a few days ago and Joanna Cherrys whole shtick recently denying the rise in LGBT+ hate crimes saying they're just ALLEGATIONS not actual CRIMES

canadagoose

Quote from: DreadedScotsman on January 27, 2022, 12:18:00 PMYeah I know a fair few people hurt by this, with John Mason using a huge dog whistle in Parliament a few days ago and Joanna Cherrys whole shtick recently denying the rise in LGBT+ hate crimes saying they're just ALLEGATIONS not actual CRIMES
John Mason is the bloody pits, I have no idea what the SNP see in the man. Just a total regressive.

Kankurette

'Blue hair' is a common insult on Mumsnet, because G-d forbid anyone want to look a bit different. I remember some video of a few eccentrically-dressed teens dancing in the streets and miserable old farts saying that PEOPLE DIED IN A WAR FOR THIS!? Conservatives in general don't like people who dye their hair unnatural colours or wear brightly coloured clothes or whatever.
Quote from: racecar bed indy 500 on January 27, 2022, 10:39:45 AMThe only good lad in the terf sticker arrest story is Dwayne the Mobility Scooter. He just wants to help move around the physically impaired, it's not his fault his owner is such an unpleasant bigot.

Not shocked that the supposed feminists on mumsnet only care when the poor treatment of women from police happens to a fellow bigot. That's so typical of people like that, not caring until it affects them.
There was far more outrage on there about Sarah Everard than there was about Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman, outside the black subforum. Not that people shouldn't be angry about Everard's death, but I wonder how many of them were anti-BLM because 'George Floyd was a criminal' (even if he was, that doesn't justify the police murdering people with impunity, and plenty of black people who've been murdered by police were innocent - Tamir Rice, for instance).

king_tubby

Quote from: Kankurette on January 27, 2022, 12:28:53 PMConservatives in general don't like people who dye their hair unnatural colours

Apart from Michael Fabricant.

Quote from: king_tubby on January 27, 2022, 12:53:27 PMApart from Michael Fabricant.

There is not a single hair on that man's head. He is a bald man. I will die on his hill.

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: canadagoose on January 27, 2022, 12:22:40 PMJohn Mason is the bloody pits, I have no idea what the SNP see in the man. Just a total regressive.

Thing is I think there's a certain element of truth to the whole "tartan tories" thing the SNP are sometimes called, whilst they may have pulled left in recent years they do have a bunch of old guard still stinking things up

The Late Satoru Iwata

Quote from: racecar bed indy 500 on January 27, 2022, 10:39:45 AMThe only good lad in the terf sticker arrest story is Dwayne the Mobility Scooter. He just wants to help move around the physically impaired, it's not his fault his owner is such an unpleasant bigot.

I reckon Dwayne is probably a prick too.

Dwayne meeting another mobility scooter:

Zetetic

Trans Aid Cymru thread on protests planned in Newport.

Apologies for not reproducing the content or a summary of it, but I'm concerned that my doing so might seem selective.

bgmnts

I'll go down there after my nan's funeral fuck it. They gonna fuck with me?

Zetetic

I think you might have missed some of the point of the thread.

Mister Six

Quote from: Zetetic on January 26, 2022, 10:05:45 PMIs this not enough in itself?

But that's not been your sole objection. You've attacked this from all sides and it comes across more like exercising a grudge against this police force (however legitimate and earned that grudge may be) than actually being bothered about this specific case.

She broke the law to harass and create a toxic environment for trans people. Being reprimanded for that - with arrest, with a caution, with whatever official recognition might immediately or ultimately result in her stopping these activities - is a Good Thing. Her arrest is only, as far as I can see, making waves in the TERFsphere, which most people are oblivious to. Maybe it's a bigger thing in Newport, I dunno. But it doesn't strike me as particularly counterproductive.

And advising people not to remove posters because they're at risk of getting their fingertips shredded is eminently reasonable. I imagine anyone who would have been inclined to remove the stickers anyway will just take to carrying an implement to do so, without risking injury.

None of this is to say that the bad things these rozzers have done isn't awful and that they shouldn't be made to answer for it.

Dr Rock

Zetetic

You can remove posters with keys, entirely safely, and the risk is vastly overstated.

The way in which Gwent Police chose to engage her to 'reprimand' her was disproportionately forceful and punitive and I'm hardly the only person to recognise this, and recognise this as part of a wider pattern of behaviour amongst police forces in south Wales.

I believe I've made my views extremely clear at this point, and I'm reassured regarding these views that I'm not the only person - actually living, working and trying improve things in south Wales - to hold them.

Zetetic

Quote from: Dr Rock on January 27, 2022, 06:11:43 PMAren't the posters evidence?
Flyposting is generally difficult to prosecute in practice, even if there's a clear beneficiary of the posting. You really need to catch people in the act. (This is a bit easier if your hardened crim is doing it in the middle of day in a mobility scooter, I guess.)

Regardless, I think this speaks to a wider divide. Is all this about the dreaded TERFS, and pursuing counterproductive retribution via the State, or this is about trans people and actually making their hours and days navigating the world (well, Newport) easier and more pleasant?

("You've got to go upstream and stop the endless flow of stickers!" is bollocks in practice as events are currently clearly demonstrating, particularly if this is interpreted as following Gwent Police's example.)

Dr Rock

I reckon - and what do I know? - that she's been doing this for a while. She says as much. Possibly warned she could get arrested, and ignores this advice because Pissy Parker has radicalised her not to care (until it happens). Giving out transphobic material and upsetting right-minded people who choose to engage with her. If that is the case, what's a proportionate response?

Dr Rock

Quote from: Dr Rock on January 27, 2022, 06:11:43 PMAren't the posters evidence?

I meant perhaps that's why they have discouraged people from taking them down.

Mister Six

Quote from: Zetetic on January 27, 2022, 06:13:22 PMYou can remove posters with keys, entirely safely, and the risk is vastly overstated.

But Gwent Police can't advise the public to do that because (a) it's encouraging vigilantism/destroying evidence and (b) if someone does it but slips and gets hurt they'll be in trouble - and they have a duty to mention it to safeguard people who might try to remove the posters without keys or other implements. So the only choice is to say "Yeah, these things can be dangerous, don't try to remove them yourselves, cheers."

Again, this just seems like you're looking for reasons to moan about Gwent Police.

BC getting very angry about swimmer Lia Thomson but still manages to connect it to Stewart Lee, Billy Bragg and Limmy.

Edit - this is gold

Zetetic

Quote from: Dr Rock on January 27, 2022, 06:29:31 PMI reckon - and what do I know? - that she's been doing this for a while. She says as much. Possibly warned she could get arrested, and ignores this advice because Pissy Parker has radicalised her not to care (until it happens). Giving out transphobic material and upsetting right-minded people who choose to engage with her. If that is the case, what's a proportionate response?
Maybe she has. That would influence my views, as I have already said.

Nevertheless if you've identified her, and recognised that she is herself somewhat vulnerable, then you might decide not to pick her up off the street. You might decide to visit her at her home. You might try to ensure that you'll be in a position to charge her as quickly as possible.

Quote from: Dr Rock on January 27, 2022, 06:30:31 PMI meant perhaps that's why they have discouraged people from taking them down.
And my response addresses that.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Better Midlands on January 27, 2022, 06:35:51 PMBC getting very angry about swimmer Lia Thomson but still manages to connect it to Stewart Lee, Billy Bragg and Limmy.

Edit - this is gold

He scares me. Anyway why is it normal for a swimming team to all be naked in front of each other? Private cubicles for all, whether there's a trans person on the team or not.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Better Midlands on January 27, 2022, 06:35:51 PMBC getting very angry about swimmer Lia Thomson but still manages to connect it to Stewart Lee, Billy Bragg and Limmy.

Edit - this is gold

This is banana culture! Pure and simple!

Seriously though, this is a full banana split with a side of plantain surprise.

JamesTC

He also seems to be insinuating that being attracted to women should be a contributing factor to not be allowed in a communal changing area. So by proxy, he is suggesting lesbians should dress in a separate area to heterosexual women.

Zetetic

Quote from: Mister Six on January 27, 2022, 06:30:42 PMBut Gwent Police can't advise the public to do that
They can state that removing them with your bare hands is dangerous, rather than insisting that they stay up.

QuoteAgain, this just seems like you're looking for reasons to moan about Gwent Police.
Alternatively, my reaction is situated in the actual context of dealing with police in south Wales. I'm reassured that I haven't gone completely mad (lol dont call the police) or transphobic (lol dont call the police) by the fact that - here - I'm not isolated in my views.

The evidence argument is ridiculous. Take a photo if you like. (It's close to worthless anyway as I've described.)

phes

Edit - this is gold

Wow it's hard to pick the wildest part of this but it might be obsessive pursuer Graham Linehan accusing another person of being unable to resist responding