Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 06:49:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Joe Rogan the fucking ape

Started by bgmnts, January 25, 2022, 01:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoneage Dinosaurs

He should grow his hair back and change his name to Joe Rogaine

idunnosomename

Mixed up my Rogan threads but really how can his comedy not be good when hes got this dope ass TAKE ME TO YOUR DEALER poster

I know this looks like a shit free-to-enter set in a dive bar but it's an arena with 14k capacity

Famous Mortimer

He is, sadly, giving a section of his listenership what they want.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 27, 2022, 03:02:20 PMMixed up my Rogan threads but really how can his comedy not be good when hes got this dope ass TAKE ME TO YOUR DEALER poster

I know this looks like a shit free-to-enter set in a dive bar but it's an arena with 14k capacity

The artwork has also been stolen (it's probably not stolen, I'm sure they paid to use it, but it's still not original) from the Simon Pegg, Nick Frost movie, Paul. That's Paul the alien, the lazy bastard!

Dr Rock

Joe Rogan is very short with a very large head

Video Game Fan 2000

Anyone reckon they could throw Joe Rogan over Adrian Chiles?

Mister Six

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on January 27, 2022, 04:42:32 PMHe is, sadly, giving a section of his listenership what they want.

Covid?

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Dr Rock on January 27, 2022, 05:04:23 PMJoe Rogan is very short with a very large head

I wouldn't tell him that to his face, he'd knock your block off.

The discussion on him being a rubbish comedian is well worn and it stems from the fact that he has propped up his stand up career with his other gigs. People listen to the podcast and see him on UFC and that will boost his stand up career significantly, regardless of the quality or lack thereof.

He's done so many specials by now they should be renamed ordinarys. Even top drawer comedians like CK and Burr have found their limits pumping out 10 specials in 15 years but Rogan who was never any good in the first place? That's just nuts. How can you trash a whole hour of material every year when you've never put together even a decent half hour in your whole life. It makes no sense other than through the delusion of thinking you're a top drawer stand up comedian.

He's definitely a terrible comedian and it's funny seeing Garlin basically batter him there, possibly inadvertently? And Rogan's parry of basically "Well maybe someone would try that because they want to try that". Drivel. He's got nothing.

The recent Jordan Peterson interview is typical at this stage, a big name talking absolute rubbish. And politics, always with the politics. Urgh.

beanheadmcginty

Quote from: Dr Rock on January 27, 2022, 05:04:23 PMJoe Rogan is very short with a very large head

Is that Paul Chuckle auditioning for a replacement for his brother?

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: checkoutgirl on January 27, 2022, 05:24:29 PMI wouldn't tell him that to his face, he'd knock your block off.
After he'd gone and got a stepladder.

Sebastian Cobb

This really surprised me the first time I saw it as I'd only really seen him sitting down in odd pics/clips of JRE.

The Culture Bunker

In some mitigation, that's ex-pro wrestler Jake "The Snake" Roberts he's standing next to, who I'd guess is around six foot five.

Noodle Lizard

Yeah, I've been stood near him a couple of times (back when he was hanging around the Comedy Store often). He's probably about 5'8-5'9. Smaller than I expected though.

Goldentony

Nothing this braindead bald headed cunt has done or said or thought has been worth it if this shite existence we have to suffer through every arsefucking hour is the outcome

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Goldentony on January 27, 2022, 11:54:19 PMNothing this braindead bald headed cunt has done or said or thought has been worth it if this shite existence we have to suffer through every arsefucking hour is the outcome

Oi. I'm not bald.

Mobius

Saw a load of Joe Rogan recommended videos on my dads YouTube at Christmas.

Didn't kick off but fuck sake.

bgmnts

I would guess he is around five foot seven but his real problem is the abuse of drugs that leave him with a raging roid belly:

PlanktonSideburns

What is roid belly? Looks like he's been gobbling rocks

BeardFaceMan

He can't grow upwards so he's trying to grow outwards instead.

jfjnpxmy

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on January 28, 2022, 09:20:45 AMWhat is roid belly? Looks like he's been gobbling rocks

Do steroids to make muscles grow, but every other part of your body [except your gonads] also takes the steroids to grow and you end up with swollen organs and a blobby beef tomato nose and HGH gut and a dangerously overstressed heart and a tendency to be slightly hostile to your fellow man.

wrec

Manilow's pulled his jams. It's all over.

PlanktonSideburns

frajer

Quote from: bgmnts on January 28, 2022, 04:43:00 AMI would guess he is around five foot seven but his real problem is the abuse of drugs that leave him with a raging roid belly:

Ben Grimm's looking a bit glum.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on January 28, 2022, 09:20:45 AMWhat is roid belly? Looks like he's been gobbling rocks

Brown condom full of walnuts.

wrec

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: wrec on January 28, 2022, 04:45:14 PMManilow's pulled his jams. It's all over.

Has he? I've just checked, and his jams are very much alive and kicking.

Longtime JRE podcast listener, but tuned out when he got the Spotify deal. The interesting thing about Rogan is how he kind of filled the O&A show and Stern void for giving a voice to American stand-ups. He's more of a conduit than a comedian, as his own stand-up is pretty woeful. The issue is his influence has launched lots of carny shillers such as the London Real guy, and lots of weird pseudoscience and snake oil salesman. The positive is that some of the guys he influenced have produced some interesting content, Tim Dillon and Lex Friedman for example.

Cold Meat Platter

I liked it when he made Carl 'Calgon' Benjamin look like an utter fool.
Bob Lazar lol

clarkycan