Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,329
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:36:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sadowitz tour dates for 2024

Started by Captain Crunch, November 11, 2023, 09:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Cleveland Steamer on March 19, 2024, 02:59:34 PMYeah I mean I'm only speaking from my point of view and my opinion. Others seemed to enjoy it (although there were definitely some parts that didn't go down well)

And you only have to read the news really to see nasty stuff from our own government

True. Like Spitting Image became rather pointless when you have such a parade of OTT cartoon villains and proper grotesques running the world.

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on March 19, 2024, 02:57:40 PMBut you're assuming that the audience have all waded though pages of online toxicity. I suspect the crowd is made up of people in their fifties who think Reddit is just the sound a toad makes.

I would go out on a limb and say most people in the audience last night use the internet - perhaps not reddit (whose user base probably isn't that young these days) but surely Facebook or YouTube or Twitter

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Cleveland Steamer on March 19, 2024, 03:12:05 PMI would go out on a limb and say most people in the audience last night use the internet - perhaps not reddit (whose user base probably isn't that young these days) but surely Facebook or YouTube or Twitter

I use all those platforms but haven't really noticed the bad taste jokes much. Probably because I steer a wide berth from political/ cultural opinion on social media.

Wet Blanket

Well I thought he was as good as ever. My face hurt from laughing so hard. Then again, even though I am online, I don't really frequent edgelord circles on Reddit, so it is still a novelty to hear an insane man shout obscene opinions that my dad would probably agree with.

He seems to have gone more conspiracy theorist since last time I saw him, but whether or not that's just another "layer of irony"... who knows?

Marv Orange

Saw him at kentish town, didn't think it was as strong as as the apollo gig a couple of years ago, also some repetition of material, but he delivered a set of almost completely unrepeatable material and some of it very topical. Quite enjoyed watching the reactions of some twenty somethings infront of me, they didn't know how to react.

Speak

Saw him in Leeds for the first time, thoroughly enjoyed it. Hadn't heard or seen any of his sets before so that made it even more exciting.

Was alot better than I was expecting, i was imagining an almost GG Allin like performance from what I'd read. Although I did hear other audience members commenting that he was alot calmer than usual.

Also, 60% of the audience looked like Richard Herring for some reason. And the room absolutely stunk.

Captain Crunch

Quote from: Marv Orange on March 21, 2024, 11:55:02 PMQuite enjoyed watching the reactions of some twenty somethings infront of me, they didn't know how to react.

I was upstairs with the balding voltarol brigade.  I know it didn't sell out but seemed like a fair turnout didn't it?  I was still giggling at that sock gag all the way through. 

Jockice

I liked that Palestinian door-to-door salesman one.

Marv Orange

Downstairs was pretty packed. The one problem I do have with Sadowitz is that the gags come so thick and fast I don't have time to digest them before I'm laughing at horror at the next one, not complaining though.

Lost Oliver

Thought he was on top form in Brighton. Last time I saw him was in Warrington maybe 4/5 years ago and it felt like the end then. I could feel that his energy was back tonight. Brilliant gig.

Worrying he said that he probably won't be back as it's getting harder and harder to do gigs. Don't know if that was genuine or that was his way of saying 'come and watch me again because pretty soon I won't be around'.

Memorex MP3

Was at him last night, on the whole wasn't too into it. It's a very long time since I've seen or listened to anything by him so I'm not sure how much is just me misremembering stuff but it felt like he's reduced the physical intensity on account of getting old and to compensate for it he's drastically ramped up the speed of his tirades, which in itself has both harmed the levels of bile any individual line can have (chunks of it were too fast to be anything other than tonally monotonous) and makes it all quite hard to follow.

Absolutely no clue what he was doing with half the card stuff but even the way he dropped cards onto the ground looked ridiculously impressive. Couldn't help but think there's some kind of low energy extremely grotty Ricky Jay type performance he could do for the bulk of the show that would absolutely rule and then could save his energy for some proper explosions of rage.
I get the impression the speed of the act is a key part of how he tolerates being on a stage though so I'm not sure he'd be able to start doing slow build tension this late into his career.

Extremely odd to see someone simultaneously doing bits about Madeleine McCann whilst also peppering in a whole bunch of pretty good stuff about the Baltimore bridge collapse that was specifically for the region of the performance.

Autopsy Turvey

The relentlessness was astonishing, could hardly draw breath at points. There was a man behind us who only laughed at the jokes about the disabled, but to be fair I think he was disabled. Couple of leopardskin blondes next to me were certainly lapping up the misogynist material ("helping female comedians back into the kitchen one slap at a time"). I felt he crossed a line with a vicious rant against Isambard Kingdom Brunel ("he's got three names, and every one of them is shit"), but he made up for it by getting all his cocks out.

lestergunn

I've got two tickets to tonight's Bristol show that I can't use. Free to whoever wants them.