Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:11:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

MANCHESTER MEET THE SALISBURY SATURDAY 17TH FEBRUARY 2PM

Started by Stoneage Dinosaurs, January 09, 2024, 09:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Simnock

oh dear, the first lord larry of letdown, and it's still a month away

Gurke and Hare

I said I couldn't do that weekend in the last thread! Hence the runaway victory for it in the poll.

Mr_Simnock

king_tubby

Thanks @tookish and @madhair60

It's general crowd anxiety stuff, I wouldn't be anxious about meeting internet types as I've been doing it since the late 90s. Even went to a CaB meet in, hmmm, 2005.

shoulders

More people telling anxious people 'it'll be fine' probably isn't going to help, so all I'll add is that at larger meets I tend to find it paradoxically easier because you can have one on one conversations and there's less people listening to what you say, what you're doing etc.

But you will be made very welcome regardless.

tookish

Quote from: king_tubby on January 11, 2024, 06:09:18 PMThanks @tookish and @madhair60

It's general crowd anxiety stuff, I wouldn't be anxious about meeting internet types as I've been doing it since the late 90s. Even went to a CaB meet in, hmmm, 2005.

Please, if you think of anything that might help, let us know. We may be a bunch of acerbic twats but we're your bunch of acerbic twats.

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: shoulders on January 11, 2024, 08:54:15 PMMore people telling anxious people 'it'll be fine' probably isn't going to help, so all I'll add is that at larger meets I tend to find it paradoxically easier because you can have one on one conversations and there's less people listening to what you say, what you're doing etc.

But you will be made very welcome regardless.

but it will be fine

fine

ros vulgaris

I'm awkward but I'm used to it.

I might see if I could attend, even though I haven't been posting for long.

tookish

Quote from: ros vulgaris on January 12, 2024, 12:25:23 PMI'm awkward but I'm used to it.

I might see if I could attend, even though I haven't been posting for long.

do it!!!!!!!!!

shoulders

Fresh victims for my ever growing legion of the undead

ros vulgaris

I'm undead already, it always looked more fun.

Will we have name tags?

Mr_Simnock

If you want but usually no, in fact some even dislike being called their forum name at all

Oz Oz Alice

kalowski

Might struggle to make this, but will try. Will let you all know as soon as I know.

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: kalowski on January 13, 2024, 11:42:57 AMMight struggle to make this, but will try. Will let you all know as soon as I know.

Frist Gurke and Hare and NOW THIS

kalowski

Sorry. My lad has cricket that afternoon and I'm going to the Manchester and Salford film society in the evening.

Anagram of a Shit Name

Despite me not posting on here for about 5 years, and also despite my hating most social situations and most people, I might try and come to this in an effort to be more sociable.

If I can get a hotel room/air bnb.

Or maybe an air mattress and I sleep in my van.

Harry Badger

Quote from: kalowski on January 13, 2024, 10:12:38 PMcricket that afternoon

Breed 'em tough up there.

I might be up for this if there is the possibility of a sofa or halves on a AirBnB. Or failing that, just going to an all-nighter somewhere.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

I've got a travelodge on the Salford quays but it's only got one bed so I'm fine for anyone to crash there if they're fine with sleeping on the floor/a chair (or failing that, platonically sharing a bed with a moderately sized man) Although my alarm might go off fairly early the following morning if I end up deciding to do a hiking trip or something but feel free to ignore it

shoulders

QuoteI've got a travelodge on the Salford quays

Not heard that Northern Boys one yet

Harry Badger

Quote from: Stoneage Dinosaurs on January 14, 2024, 12:23:10 AMI've got a travelodge on the Salford quays but it's only got one bed so I'm fine for anyone to crash there if they're fine with sleeping on the floor/a chair (or failing that, platonically sharing a bed with a moderately sized man) Although my alarm might go off fairly early the following morning if I end up deciding to do a hiking trip or something but feel free to ignore it

Right, count me in. I've got earplugs, an inflatable pillow and clonidine so frankly I can sleep anywhere. And I'll need to be getting back to Cardiff fairly early doors so no problem on that score.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: Harry Badger on January 14, 2024, 06:28:41 PMRight, count me in. I've got earplugs, an inflatable pillow and clonidine so frankly I can sleep anywhere. And I'll need to be getting back to Cardiff fairly early doors so no problem on that score.

Fair dos, see you there then! There's trams and buses that go between it and the Salisbury with a small amount of walking, but it shouldn't be too much of a faff getting back there

https://maps.app.goo.gl/v442nPj2AHzSqP4N9?g_st=ic

tookish

This is going to be the highlight of my Feb, and that's saying something - I've got a gynaecology appointment too!

madhair60

tookish

imitationleather

prelektric

prelektric

Hmmm. Well - that whole Oxford Road area used to be my stomping ground for about 10 years between 1997-2007. The Salisbury included.

Put me down as a "maybe" for now - just spent a large amount of cash on the Chart Music Brum event. We'll see.

holyzombiejesus

I once got arrested after partaking of the 50p tequila slammers across the alley in Subway. Is it still open?

prelektric

Fuck it - booked it. Managed to get some deals here and there. Count me in.