Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:59:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Boy George

Started by holyzombiejesus, January 14, 2024, 09:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigamus

*And* he didn't take Natalie Casey to the toilet.

Deano

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on January 14, 2024, 10:02:08 PMhis media rehabilitation program started with a turn I'm a celebrity no?
He also did US Celebrity Apprentice after they replaced Trump with Arnie and fired candidates would leave in a helicopter after being told to "get to the choppa".

Lavender

I think the issue with Boy George that no one really talks about is his endless natural charisma that is not dependent on his celebrity status and his talent as a singer.

It's this charisma that allows him to get away with things that other people of similar or higher status would not.

I only noticed this because at this point I feel he doesn't even try so that charisma has 'dimmed' a little bit. But this just shows how much in abundance he naturally has.

tookish

Quote from: Oz Oz Alice on January 14, 2024, 09:51:47 PMI totally agree that the fact it was a 'gay crime' had a significant effect on how the media treated it.

TW and spoilered for the way I'm going to talk of sexual assault including my own

Spoiler alert
Because a (presumably) gay man was the victim as well as the aggressor it allows for a whole other streak of rape apologia.

Because it's just two queers being disgusting they assume the victim probably enjoyed it on some level. Because they get up to that kind of stuff don't they? And even if he didn't he was just a sex worker. Not a real person. He knew what he was getting up to when he took the money.

It's the same sickness and intrinsic rot led them to drop my rape case after less than a week. Because if you're queer consent is always assumed. So they've no interest trying to get the person who did it to you even after they've scraped his traces out of you. It's A) for appearance's sake, as they have to do a rape kit like they would for a real person and B) Because they know its going to be agonizing and gives them a legal avenue with which to hurt you. But in a sense I'm lucky: if I'd been a woman the police would've probably raped me again literally rather than metaphorically.

Boy George says he wants to put it all behind him. His victim is unlikely to be lucky enough to be able to.
[close]

Ultimately, as homophobic as the media's treatment of Boy George had been years ago old homos can become respectable if they hang around long enough. He's not the first or last sex criminal to have a cosy TV presenting job, its just that if he'd been straight they probably wouldn't have publicised it.

I'm so sorry you had that experience pal. It's horrendous, the way queer SA is treated. I've seen countless friends fall victim to predators who are 'Let off' because society view the assault as weird sex. And the LGBTQ+ community often close ranks around popular Big Name Queers who've committed sex crimes, leaving the less popular survivor out in the cold.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on January 15, 2024, 08:19:35 AMIs he still painting his neck black?

That's the last thing I recall of him.

Couldn't believe he was still performing blackneck in the 21st century

jobotic

Now he's a signatory to a letter saying that Israel should be kept in Eurovision. Fuckwit.