Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:55:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Any cis males here ever had the random desire to cosplay a female character

Started by George White, December 01, 2022, 08:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George White

retsuza

No but when I was younger I wanted to go as a character who is lean and has abs and such and I was not and do not have and there was a small amount of body dysmorphia that happened there.

imitationleather

No but my mates found a picture of a female cosplayer is an absolute total doppelgänger of me, to the point I had to rewind my memory and check I'd never been in a photoshoot dressed up as a lass.

touchingcloth

Mr Vegetables

Well, I cosplayed my flatmate once, if she counts as a female character

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Mr Vegetables on December 01, 2022, 09:30:50 PMWell, I cosplayed my flatmate once, if she counts as a female character

I bet that didn't scare her at all.

bgmnts

Quote from: Mr Vegetables on December 01, 2022, 09:30:50 PMWell, I cosplayed my flatmate once, if she counts as a female character

Sounds a bit like Single White Female.

Mr Vegetables

Quote from: jamiefairlie on December 01, 2022, 10:43:07 PMI bet that didn't scare her at all.

It was fine; it was at a party where everyone was dressed as her. Perhaps I embraced it too much, though; I felt a strange power over people while performing womanhood in that way, and felt I could understand how you could get drunk on it. Of course I also actually was drunk, on alcohol. So maybe it was that.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Zero Gravitas

Buy the latex catsuit and enjoy it, don't couch it in 'cosplay' or 'more convenient than carrying an umbrella around'.

bgmnts

I don't think any cis man here who would be against wearing a comfortable flowing dress rather than trousers and shirt if it were socially acceptable/destigmatised. 

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

or, if you feel conflicted about it, just cosplay as Rule 63 (female character)

bgmnts

Oh, I'm not personally conflicted, I just don't want people looking at me when I'm outside, I have no desire to dressup as a fictional character. I'm just going to wait until clothes are all ungendered.

Video Game Fan 2000

Alberon

Quote from: bgmnts on December 01, 2022, 10:57:01 PMI don't think any cis man here who would be against wearing a comfortable flowing dress rather than trousers and shirt if it were socially acceptable/destigmatised. 

Certainly this summer.

If I didn't look like a sasquatch that had let himself go then maybe. I've always been a bit fluid. When it comes to computer games and the option to choose the gender, I always go for a female. I say it's because if I'm going to looking at a computer generated arse for 50+ hours then it might as well be a woman's. But that isn't the whole story.

bgmnts

Quote from: Alberon on December 01, 2022, 11:03:48 PMCertainly this summer.

If I didn't look like a sasquatch that had let himself go then maybe. I've always been a bit fluid. When it comes to computer games and the option to choose the gender, I always go for a female. I say it's because if I'm going to looking at a computer generated arse for 50+ hours then it might as well be a woman's. But that isn't the whole story.

For me it isn't about even how i look, I look like sweaty anus in everything, it has nothing to do with identity or self-fashioning I just want to be comfortable, and dresses and those kinds of things look much comfier than what I have to wear. If they turn out not to be then fuck it. Maybe we should bring back tunics or togas.

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: bgmnts on December 01, 2022, 11:10:34 PMMaybe we should bring back tunics or togas.

Kilts are great apart from the inevitable sexual abuse.

Once we can teach women to behave when they have drink in them we'll all be free to dress how we like.

Mr Vegetables

I'm not sure I've ever really seen my gender identity as being related to what I'm wearing or what my body is or anything like that— I've just felt very strongly that I was a man, so it hasn't really bothered me doing feminine things. It definitely would bother me if I somehow took on a female form, though; I get antsy and dysphoric just thinking about it. I just thought that every cis person felt this way, but from the horrible discourse that doesn't really seem to be the case.

Video Game Fan 2000

does i have to be cosplay if i never want to wear fucking jeans again, feels like a clowns wig

Cuellar

If by 'cosplay a female character' you mean 'wear womens clothes' then yes obviously.

Mobius

if you mean have a wank whilst wearing knickers then no absolutely not

Mr Vegetables

If I rent a hat and pretend I'm a version of myself that bought the hat, is that a cosplay

Alberon

shoulders

Yes but I think at the time it was drenched in a sexist uninformed idea that sensuality was inherently more feminine, a desire for more sensuality was behind it.

These days I'd like to but it'd be silly and I can't be arsed.

madhair60

Kankurette

I'm a cis woman who's cosplayed a male character. Chouji from Naruto, if anyone's wondering.