Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:27:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Any cis males here ever had the random desire to cosplay a female character

Started by George White, December 01, 2022, 08:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stonefish

Quote from: Terry Torpid on December 04, 2022, 10:19:32 PMWhat is the name for this kind of thing?

Not sure, I'm crap with terminology (in any domain) but maybe non-binary? Not fitting neatly into either category?

Good to hear you explored that during the lockdown, great time to do it and probably helped cope with the lockdown itself too. Do you still do it?

Replies From View

Quote from: Terry Torpid on December 04, 2022, 10:19:32 PM"Cosplay" sounds very American to me. Surely we already have the term "fancy dress"?

"Cosplay" is short for "because play".  There's nothing fancy about it.

Terry Torpid

Quote from: Stonefish on December 05, 2022, 12:19:03 PMNot sure, I'm crap with terminology (in any domain) but maybe non-binary? Not fitting neatly into either category?

I've seen the term femboy, but don't know if that counts for me, it seems a bit more long-term, and I'm just not pretty enough Maybe just good old fashioned crossdresser is the best word. Or private transvestite lonely sex weirdo maybe.

QuoteGood to hear you explored that during the lockdown, great time to do it and probably helped cope with the lockdown itself too. Do you still do it?

I've got the clothes under my bed, but haven't dressed up in a few months. I've got too fat and I won't be losing weight this side of Christmas. I remember it was difficulty to get the right sizes in the first place (had to do it all online of course), because women are just built differently. I don't know what terms like size 10 or 12 actually mean. 10 whats? They're not proper units. All clothes should be listed by measurements.

The main issue was women have bigger hips than waists, while they're the same for me (on a good day), or the opposite (at the moment), so if I bought to fit my waist, it would be more like plus-size and all baggy, but if I bought to fit my hips I'd would be a better fit overall but I'd have to squeeze into it. "Suck in the guts boys, we're the Ghostbusters".

willbo

as a kid and teen I really wanted long hair and I loved the look of feminine ish male rock stars (like the shoegaze band members). But as I got older I became more comfortable in a more short haired, "square" look.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Replies From View on December 05, 2022, 12:19:10 PM"Cosplay" is short for "because play".  There's nothing fancy about it.

*spits out my cousins dick* Wha now you tell me

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: Terry Torpid on December 05, 2022, 12:54:39 PMI've seen the term femboy, but don't know if that counts for me, it seems a bit more long-term, and I'm just not pretty enough Maybe just good old fashioned crossdresser is the best word. Or private transvestite lonely sex weirdo maybe.

I've got the clothes under my bed, but haven't dressed up in a few months. I've got too fat and I won't be losing weight this side of Christmas. I remember it was difficulty to get the right sizes in the first place (had to do it all online of course), because women are just built differently. I don't know what terms like size 10 or 12 actually mean. 10 whats? They're not proper units. All clothes should be listed by measurements.

The main issue was women have bigger hips than waists, while they're the same for me (on a good day), or the opposite (at the moment), so if I bought to fit my waist, it would be more like plus-size and all baggy, but if I bought to fit my hips I'd would be a better fit overall but I'd have to squeeze into it. "Suck in the guts boys, we're the Ghostbusters".

deffo important to realise that whilst community and culture and history are all important, you don't actually need to have a single way of explaining your relationship to your gender. it's all a big mess and a lot of fun and frustration to get into but yeah just play it cool, identity is a fluid thing, see what works out like

put safety pins in your skirts if the waist is too big. cis girls do that anyway. or just get something with stretch. best advice i could give is to just throw yourself into it and not overthink if possible

Terry Torpid

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on December 06, 2022, 01:33:05 PMput safety pins in your skirts if the waist is too big.

Ha that's brilliant. Unfortunately my own waist is the one that's too big at the moment.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: Terry Torpid on December 06, 2022, 02:00:02 PMHa that's brilliant. Unfortunately my own waist is the one that's too big at the moment.

go get yerself a nice skirt. would take you shopping if i could

love loitering round the chazzas like the goblin i am, collecting my trinkets and such things

Stonefish

I agree, get some different sized stuff so you've always got something to wear about the house. Sounds like you liked it so would be a shame if that's the only thing stopping you.

Norton Canes

Tights are lovely and comfy, especially with smooth legs (for the purposes of cycling apparel) 

Quote from: Lemming on December 02, 2022, 07:09:53 PMSkirts are not designed with men in mind, and when you're hung like a racehorse as I am, the socially unacceptable bulge is an ever-present concern

Tell me about it, especially since being a narrow-hipped vixen I suit a pencil skirt which hugs every contour. Long baggy jumper over the top definitely the way to go, but a bit risqué out and about.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Terry Torpid on December 05, 2022, 12:54:39 PMI've seen the term femboy, but don't know if that counts for me, it seems a bit more long-term, and I'm just not pretty enough Maybe just good old fashioned crossdresser is the best word.

I know someone who identifies as a crossdresser rather than a transvestite. Think it's not a sexual thing for him, he dresses up in public and I think there's an element of performance, though he also doesn't call himself a drag queen.

It's not my area but I believe there are subtle but important differences. Just calling people by the term they choose is probably the best thing to do.

George White

https://twitter.com/Teenatsu/status/1303009515978326016/photo/1 Thinking of doing this fairy godmother look from some anime.

Oh god, is it really a year since this thread?

Paul Calf

Kankurette

Isn't it crossplay? And if I had to cosplay a male anime character, it would be my fellow fat bastard Chouji from Naruto. I actually did dress up as a very half-arsed Chouji once. Or Kankuro, cos I get my handle from him, though the outfit is hard to pull off.

Terry Torpid

Quote from: George White on January 31, 2024, 01:55:16 PMOh god, is it really a year since this thread?

It's very cringey for me to see my posts from a year ago, but at least I'm a little bit less befuddled than I used to be. I consider myself they/them now (I'm neither nowt nor summat) even though I haven't had the guts to come out in real life and the girl clothes are confined to the privacy of my own home. But it doesn't strictly feel like crossdressing any more. A partial success story.

George White

I myself have been thinking of my nonbinary identity, and thinking of picking a femme name. Such is my brain I have decided on Shabubu, as in Mother Shabubu.