Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:59:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tim Heidecker and Gregg Turkingtons On Cinema podcast 2: The Sequel

Started by Petey Pate, March 16, 2023, 12:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QDRPHNC

Chollis

I'm happy, I'm healthy, I'm HEI!

Along with G Amato's stirring rendition of Away in a Manger I've been watching some of the old seasons over Christmas, comfort viewing. The tail end of Season X where the Delgados strip Tim firstly of his chair and then in the next episode "I'm your announcer Tim Heidecker", his facial expressions as Gregg reads out the runtimes on Popcorn Classic after Popcorn Classic:

All leading up to the meltdown and one of my favourite lines of the series, "YOUR SON IS IN HELL DELGADO!"

BlodwynPig

Quote from: QDRPHNC on December 14, 2023, 01:54:34 AMCase Closed is only 8 minutes, but it's pretty good. It quite funny hearing Tim's terrible writing being spoken by "Lucas Gibson Brown", what sounds like an AI voice presenter, including a couple of typos.

why wasn't La Rue doing the VoiceOver. I love La Rue "XPOSED". Very 90s x-files-era vibe.

perplexingprocrastinator

Quote from: BlodwynPig on December 30, 2023, 11:13:02 AMwhy wasn't La Rue doing the VoiceOver. I love La Rue "XPOSED". Very 90s x-files-era vibe.

He had a line-reading of something like "this has been debunked by the ghost community" which had me in pieces.

I guess the answer is "all over the place" when the question is where do Tim (and formerly Erik) find these people but LaRue is a particular favourite with his squashy little scowl face, I love him :)

QDRPHNC

QuoteOn Cinema is back with hard-hitting, truth-telling, no nonsense movie and lifestyle-adjacent reviews. Join our hosts Tim Heidecker and Joseph "Joey Patron" Patrocelli with special Guest Expert Gregg Turkington for some good old fashioned conversation every Wednesday until 3/10 Oscar Sunday.

Plus! On Cinema is getting back to its roots. Host Tim Heidecker and Guest Expert Gregg Turkington first joined forces for the On Cinema Podcast and today come full circle with every episode of Season 14 coming out in Podcast form. Get in your favorite fast car, hit the town, and listen to the On Cinema On Demand Podcast in your favorite podcast player or through this RSS Feed.

Members can watch Season 14 Episode 1 'Night Swim' & 'Weak Layers' right now exclusively on the HEI Network.

There's a link to the RSS feed but it keeps downloading itself as a text file. Never learned how to use them, does anyone have a clue? Not sure if the podcast version is behind a paywall or not.

g0m

You should be able to load the url of the rss feed in whatever rss reader is still active these days [thunderbird??]

QDRPHNC

Petey Pate

Decent start to the season. Love the complete pointlessness of having an 'encore' episode.

Chollis

Promising start, loving the level of Joey Patron's analysis. Can't wait to see how the Amato dream develops, reckon this is the season it all comes crashing down?

Petey Pate

The look of the studio this season seems to be based on the Patrick Bet-David Podcast.

Tim's appearance is clearly modeled after Bill Maher. Incidentally, he's done a couple of episodes of Office Hours which are pitch perfect mockeries of Maher's (dreadful) Club Random internet show.

chip

wrec

I haven't seen any of the post-Adult Swim seasons. If I was to subscribe for a month at the end of this season, would I get access to all the Hei seasons? It's not very clear from the site and I can't afford to drop $55 on it.

Queen Peach

yes plus the recent specials

they're on soulseek if you want the files themselves instead of having to use the browser

BlodwynPig

Queen Peach

feels like the same series gimmick they've done for the last three sadly

wrec

Quote from: Queen Peach on January 05, 2024, 05:21:08 PMyes plus the recent specials

they're on soulseek if you want the files themselves instead of having to use the browser

Nice one

QDRPHNC

Chollis

big grin on my face when I saw him on the thumbnail. Looking forward to see what he brings toBaboon: A Pep Boys Story. I quite like how Gregg and Kaili seem to be getting along.

"nobody has seen Sully 7 times"

Queen Peach

seems like a palpable lack of interest in this season sadly. as I said above, feels like a retread of the last two seasons.

Petey Pate

Quote from: Queen Peach on January 18, 2024, 01:02:43 PMseems like a palpable lack of interest in this season sadly. as I said above, feels like a retread of the last two seasons.

I agree it seems a bit by the numbers, but I'm curious to see where they go with it.

Theres probably going to be some pay off to the extended joke of the podcast version being unlistenable with constant ads (at twice the volume) for an Italian family food restaurant. Or maybe not.

Queen Peach

oh is the podcast worth a listen? I thought it'd just be the audio from the episode

Famous Mortimer

A local micro-cinema (60-seater) is now in its third year of showing the On Cinema Oscar special. It's been a long time since I was really into this universe, and there's guaranteed to be one fuckwit there who tries to make himself part of the show, but it might be a fun night out.

rude soil

Quote from: Queen Peach on January 18, 2024, 03:31:15 PMoh is the podcast worth a listen? I thought it'd just be the audio from the episode

The latest podcast episode is entirely adverts

Petey Pate

The plot thickens. Dekkar have released a thinly veiled 'diss track' against Tim.

Retinend

Quote from: Petey Pate on January 29, 2024, 04:11:10 PMThe plot thickens. Dekkar have released a thinly veiled 'diss track' against Tim.

This is hilarious

"Took a ride with the devil
Took me down to his level"

Petey Pate

I like as well how the song is clearly an improvement over the endless different versions of Empty Bottle released when Tim was in the band.

Pimhole

Italy could sweep Eurovision with this.

Being a relative newcomer to the OCU and only recently having shelled out for a HEI network sub, this season is the first one I've watched weekly without being able to binge all the eps. It's a pretty tough adjustment tbh. However I really love the nuanced menace of G. Amato, what a thoroughly sinister villain. It's also fun seeing Tim get progressively redder week by week.

In this week's ep
Spoiler alert
when Greg says (of Sometimes I Think About Dying) "When I saw the title at first I thought it was a new Bond movie" watch Tim trying not to corpse. It's fun that they still leave these things in.
[close]

Chollis