Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:49:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The all-new "Graham Linehan's a transphobic cunt" thread

Started by Mister Six, August 01, 2019, 04:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

bigfatheart

Maybe they've decided it's not a good idea for a man to be one of their most vocal members, and in the ultimate irony he will be forced to become a woman in order to rejoin their ranks?

idunnosomename

Ah but you see, glinner is King of all Women so anyone is disagrees with him is ergo, not a woman, or a beard.

petril

Thursday

I'm so bored of hearing about Glinner now. Can't he just hurry up and drown in his own piss?

McFlymo

It'd just be really nice if Twitter did their fucking job and blocked him for his hate speech, you know, the way they do all the other (less famous) people who spout toxic, hateful shite that is actually dangerous for vulnerable people - And then if he could just die in some suitably ironic way, I'd try and think of something funny, but I'm too tired and angry.

petril

Quote from: McFlymo on August 23, 2019, 09:03:39 PM
It'd just be really nice if Twitter did their fucking job and blocked him for his hate speech, you know, the way they do all the other (less famous) people who spout toxic, hateful shite that is actually dangerous for vulnerable people - And then if he could just die in some suitably ironic way, I'd try and think of something funny, but I'm too tired and angry.

delayed reaction heart attack as he realises some women were in the nip. while wearing a late 90s ROI top

Gurke and Hare

The rugby thing is really kicking off. The Guardian's nasty little TERF clique is ganging up on leading Twitter Jolyon Jolyon Maugham and ex England rugby man Brian Moore is under attack for declining to address a complex issue in 280 characters, and saying he will address it in his next newspaper column.

king_tubby

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on August 23, 2019, 09:25:22 PMThe Guardian's nasty little TERF clique is ganging up on leading Twitter Jolyon Jolyon Maugham

Really? Is Windmill Jolyon diverting from centrist orthodoxy on this? Did you see Hadley Freeman in Nicky Bandini's replies the other day? Fucking nerve on her.

idunnosomename

It'd just be really nice if Twitter did their fucking job and blocked him for his hate speech, you know, the way they do all the other (less famous) people who spout toxic, hateful shite that is actually dangerous for vulnerable people

David "toxic baldy" Vance and Katie "Hatie Kopkins" Hopkins still have blue tick accounts so I wouldn't bet on it anytime soon

zomgmouse

No but you see twitter will only ban you if you call someone a cunt not if you're actually spreading hate speech

Moribunderast

Lineham being ousted by the TERFs was never a possibility I'd considered but it may be the most fascinating and entertaining outcome just to see how he'd respond. He's painted himself so far into the corner with these turds that it would be incredible to see the mental gymnastics required if they suddenly disavowed him as King.

Zetetic

Now he's trying to make Scotland's lack of Child and Adolescent Mental Health inpatient services about "sex segregation".

As if it would be fine to put most 17-year-old boys on a working-age IPCU/Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit. (Or 85-year-old men for that matter. Or some 25-year-old men.)

Edit: I have to keep stopping myself responding to this, because I know it won't do any good.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: king_tubby on August 23, 2019, 10:22:04 PM
Did you see Hadley Freeman in Nicky Bandini's replies the other day? Fucking nerve on her.

I didn't, because I've got her blocked, but that will be interesting - it's one thing allowing her to spout hate in her columns, but they want to be careful of workplace bullying there.

RicoMNKN

I see there's a new War on Women out.
He links to The Rebel Media,  the far-right blog which employs Katie Hopkins and Tommy Robinson.

(He notably also doesn't link to the Teen Vogue article he criticises, presumably because it's far more considered than the straw man he attacks it for.)

idunnosomename

I mean that is by the JL person, who has to stay anonymous because some blue-haired terrorists would burn their house down

he's fucking going all out on everything isn't he this week. hope the cunt blows a blood vessel

Ferris

He retweeted "sort it out Canada" about some stupid gender critical nonsense so now I feel completely vindicated in telling him to go fuck himself. Canada is tops, and he's a cunt.

idunnosomename

im sorry that ones amazing

A Trump! Taking power here! Unthinkable. Help us out from this post modern lunacy of giving trans-people equal writes, uhh, Tom Watson and Jess Phillips

(also just because Yaniv is a deplorable cunt doesnt mean you should deadname them)

Ambient Sheep

Hasn't he already had one warning from the police about deadnaming people?

And I fail to see how one loony person retweeting something would affect the whole left-wing's position on it.

idunnosomename

as a response to official legal action from the person he did it to, yes. In itself it's not going to get him in trouble, even with the twitter police

marquis_de_sad

Barry Admin

Quote from: idunnosomename on August 25, 2019, 02:03:28 PM
as a response to official legal action from the person he did it to, yes. In itself it's not going to get him in trouble, even with the twitter police

Perhaps worth remembering that he decides whether or not to use the correct pronouns on an individual basis:

Quote from: GuardianLinehan, who is also known for writing The IT Crowd and co-writing Black Books, defended his stance of referring to Hayden as "he", adding: "I will call all of my trans friends 'she'. I think of them as women, they are respectful and are not misogynists. But I refuse to respect the pronouns of misogynists."

I recall he gets quite angry on this topic at the end of the Meghan Murphy interview. Anyway yeah, no correct pronouns if you're a woke stasi misogynist borg, instead of being one of the good trans.

Twed

It's another way of him being the boss of people, isn't it? The important thing to him is that he—Graham Linehan—gets to choose which are the good transfolk, which are the good women...

Barry Admin

Yep.

The Meghan Murphy thing is here, about 1 hour and 5 minutes in:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2mP6RZud4ls?t=64m45s

"They have a kind of ease about them, that I like being around"

NoSleep

zomgmouse

What an odious toad of a man. To dismiss anyone who doesn't agree with him about issues that don't even affect his identity as a misogynist and then to use that decision to then effectively engage in transmisogyny himself by refusing to respect someone's pronouns. Fucking pondlife carries itself with more amounts of dignity than that sore excuse for a zealot.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on August 25, 2019, 03:14:33 PM
He has trans friends?!

Yes, gender critical, self-loathing trans women who have now usually been banned from Twitter.