Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,184
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:39:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Dusty Bin's middle name revealed.

Started by Glebe, January 16, 2022, 11:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

danwho9

jenna appleseed

The Dog

Who emptied dusty bin and did he ever write his autobiography, because that would be amazing.

Glebe

Quote from: The Dog on January 17, 2022, 10:09:21 PMWho emptied dusty bin and did he ever write his autobiography, because that would be amazing.

In answer to your first question, 'twas allegedly Ted Rogers himself who always insisted on emptying Dusty, supposedly on a bi-weekly basis. It is said that if other any member of the 3-2-1 film crew attempted to change Dusty's bag they would be given a right royal rollicking from Rogers.

As to your second inquiry, Booby Prize: My Life as a Game Show Mascot by Dusty Barquentine Bin was published in 1998, and detailed Dusty's life before, during and after his primetime ITV fame.

The Dog

Quote from: Glebe on January 18, 2022, 10:20:02 AMIn answer to your first question, 'twas allegedly Ted Rogers himself who always insisted on emptying Dusty, supposedly on a bi-weekly basis. It is said that if other any member of the 3-2-1 film crew attempted to change Dusty's bag they would be given a right royal rollicking from Rogers.
I bet he did! The contents of that bin could have changed light entertainment history, but I guess we'll never know now.

QuoteAs to your second inquiry, Booby Prize: My Life as a Game Show Mascot by Dusty Barquentine Bin was published in 1998, and detailed Dusty's life before, during and after his primetime ITV fame.

Dusty was never really gonna spill the beans himself though was he? Would have ruined his reputation as a bin.

Glebe

Quote from: The Dog on January 18, 2022, 12:30:19 PMDusty was never really gonna spill the beans himself though was he? Would have ruined his reputation as a bin.

Actually the bio is rumoured to have been ghostwritten by Basil Brush and contains some
surprisingly salacious chapters, such as 'Tops and Fingers with Page 3 Stunner."

Mr Farenheit

-Barquentine, you're the son I never had. I made you because I wasn't blessed with a boy of my own. What a life we've had together, what marvellous times, what journeys! but I sometimes wish you were a real boy, Barquentine. Oh Barquentine, if only you could hear me Barquentine, if only you could talk.

-What, Ted?

-BARQUENTINE!! You're ALIVE! oh my, oh....what JOY!

-Yes, Ted

-BARQUENTINE! What's happening to your head??

-Look at me, Ted

-Is that, OH NO... is that what I think it is?

-Yes, Ted

Replies From View

oh no what happened to his head?  grew a red nose on the front?

kalowski

Of course, his original name was Dirty Bin.
Dirty Barquentine Bin.

Glebe

It's no secret that Bin loathed Catchphrases' Mr. Rontos Chips, perhaps jealous of his status as 'the new ITV game show mascot kid on the block', but did you know Ted Rogers once called Roy Walker "a feckless Irish terrorist come to plant bombs in London?" You learn something new every day!

Glebe

And Dusty could be heartless. He once told Angela Rippon "You're all legs and no personality!" right before she had to do a news broadcast. Rippon had to tell the entire British public about the Rubik's Cube craze sweeping the national whilst holding in bitter tears.

The Dog

Quote from: Glebe on January 20, 2022, 01:37:46 AMIt's no secret that Bin loathed Catchphrases' Mr. Rontos Chips, perhaps jealous of his status as 'the new ITV game show mascot kid on the block', but did you know Ted Rogers once called Roy Walker "a feckless Irish terrorist come to plant bombs in London?" You learn something new every day!

To be fair, the IRA were targeting bins at the time.

MrsWarboysLover

what's dusty been up to these days? is he still with us, or did he (irony of ironies!) kick the bucket? (He looks a bit like a bucket)

Glebe

Quote from: MrsWarboysLover on January 22, 2022, 10:11:42 AMwhat's dusty been up to these days? is he still with us, or did he (irony of ironies!) kick the bucket? (He looks a bit like a bucket)

He's doing fine since you ask! Owns a maisonette in Bournemouth and plays guitar in local wine bars with his brother as
'The Dust Brothers'!

MrsWarboysLover

I knew he wouldn't be able to stay away from performing!

Glebe

Quote from: MrsWarboysLover on January 23, 2022, 08:39:29 AMI knew he wouldn't be able to stay away from performing!

He was forced to make some career changes after 3-2-1 ended. During the '90s he could often be seen at Pontins in a cheap, glittery suit, belting out covers of everyone from Tom Jones to Engelbert Humperdinck.

kalowski

But that appearance on Celebrity Big Brother was him hitting rock bottom.

Glebe

He studied for the bar as a young bin and enjoyed a brief career as a court judge at one point. He even sent Rodgers down on a drunk and disorderly charge. They never spoke again.

kalowski

Remember that spate of cheap Dusty impersonators that tried to fill the gap when he was out of action.
Terrible stuff. Not a patch on the original Dusty.

Glebe

Hard up for cash, Bin tried and failed to sue some of those impersonators in later years. But as legal experts explained his IP was owned by the 3-2-1 production company anyway, so he'd not see a single shining sixpence of any copyright claim winnings.

It was around this time that he started doing shopping centre appearances advertised as 'Meet the REAL Dusty Bin!'

kalowski

Quote from: Glebe on January 24, 2022, 12:47:36 PMIt was around this time that he started doing shopping centre appearances advertised as 'Meet the REAL Dusty Bin!'
That third auto biography was around this time wasn't it?
"Look where I've Bin."

jobotic

Glebe

Bin could be callous by turns. He once shoved Sandy Shaw's beagle into a picnic basket, calling it "rubbery, and un-doglike."

Glebe

More Bin revelations: he once described Henry Kelly as "an utter chode of a man, shitty with a hint of blandness," during a drunken session with Nina Myskow.

kalowski

Did you hear those rumours of a "sex tape" with Bully? I've not seen it myself.

Glebe

Quote from: kalowski on January 25, 2022, 06:33:29 AMDid you hear those rumours of a "sex tape" with Bully? I've not seen it myself.

Jim Bowen made a jokey allusion to it in his opening monologue to an episode of Bullseye and a furious Bully sued for defamation. It was "legal action all round," and Bowen left the court with nothing but his "BFH - bus fare home! It weren't super, smashing," he told The Daily Star.

The Dog

He's got very old-fashioned views on the mixing of recyclables and non-recyclables. Also, when they gave that wheelie bin a role in Starlight Express he tweeted this picture:

to Andrew Lloyd Webber and accused him of funnelling money from Aspects of Love into weapons for the provisional IRA.

Glebe

Yeah and his recent comments about 'brown bins' on GBN were quite telling.