Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,797
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 04:22:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sixth series of Line Of Duty on BBC 21st March

Started by Fambo Number Mive, February 27, 2021, 10:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blofelds Cat

It was never great to start with but this series reminds me of an extended Comic Relief sketch...last nights episode was probably the worst in the entire run...

Decided to re-watch '24' which was equally outrageous but much more entertaining and better directed...that car chase last night was so turgid...like wading through treacle

studpuppet

Quote from: Spode on April 25, 2021, 10:06:55 PM
Fair play to James Nesbitt. If you'd have told me before this series aired that he'd appear in 2 episodes and they'd be two of the worst in the entire history of the show, I wouldn't have been surprised. but to do it purely via osmosis, with no speaking part at all. Incredible effort.

I'm tempted to sign off this account, only so I can re-register with a new one called 'Jimmy Nesbitt's Photoshopped Hair'.

As far as I'm concerned, that image has done all the heavy lifting in the last two episodes.

Utter Shit

Lots of good theories knocking about. At this point half the battle is working out what is legit and what is Mercurio fucking with us. But the 'race claim' comment from Jimmy and the leader of the Spanish police operation are worth looking at if you're interested.

Fambo Number Mive

Even for this series last nights episode was stretching it. Steve provided Kate and DCI MIT with a car and phones? Should have made it a James Bond style car to help them.get away from the police.

Why didnt Kate and the DCI just wait there and explain they'd shot Ryan as he was going to kill Kate and had a gun?

And Kate got out of jail for another "alright, mate" scene with Steve.

Given the top levels of the police seem to want to ignore corruption, who set up 12 (at least) anti corruption units? AC12 alone seems to have 10 to 15 officers or so, would there really.be 150 officers investigating corruption?

BlodwynPig

Ray Travez

Quote from: Utter Shit on April 26, 2021, 09:26:43 AM
Lots of good theories knocking about.

is one of the theories; Mercurio- "this'll do"?

jobotic

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 26, 2021, 10:07:07 AM

Why didnt Kate and the DCI just wait there and explain they'd shot Ryan as he was going to kill Kate and had a gun?

Exactly. Watching the silly car chase I said "hang on why is this even happening?" then zoned out.

Kate must be H.

Blofelds Cat

Mercurio needs to take his `spinning liquid schite into TV gold` machine back to Dixons as the button has stuck...

elliszeroed

The odd pacing of last night's episode might be explained by the fact it was meant to be part of a 90-minute finale, but they struggled to edit it down so turned it into two one-hour episodes instead. Not that it excuses it for being by far the worst episode of the run.

The problem of something being enjoyable nonsense is that it can quickly turn into just nonsense, like this did. The car chase might've made sense in Mercurio's head, but it it didn't in mine. Carmichael is such a one-dimensional character that she's just irritating rather than being someone to rail against. And the appearance of the two prison guards at the end was bad pantomime.

I think it's mostly been an excellent series, but last night's episode indicated that there's a real chance they're going to fuck up the ending like they did last time.

Spode

Quote from: studpuppet on April 26, 2021, 09:23:43 AM
I'm tempted to sign off this account, only so I can re-register with a new one called 'Jimmy Nesbitt's Photoshopped Hair'.

As far as I'm concerned, that image has done all the heavy lifting in the last two episodes.

His hair looks like Bishop Brennan's hat when he gets painted on the skirting board.

Hat FM

surely once Maneet and Buckles get out they can report all of the prison staff doing bad shit right? right? probably not.

looking forward to Buckles first appearance post prison. neck tatts and spice all round.

studpuppet

Seeing as it's always the character you least expect it to be, my money's on the wee donkey. Probably started off in the OCG as a drugs mule, and got nicknamed after the sound he made: 'Hee-Haw'...

Bently Sheds

Quote from: elliszeroed on April 26, 2021, 11:28:07 AM
So Nesbitt/ Nesbit faked his death, right?
Mrs Sheds reckons Jimmy Nesbit's character was masquerading as the Spanish special forces captain on that livestream as the camera seemed to linger for quite a long time on his masked face for no specific reason...

Crabwalk

It annoys me whenever they point out the 4th Man's IP address locates them in Spain. I'm a complete techdunce and even I know what a VPN is.

Thurwell is alive and in Belfast wherever this city is and he will kill Ted next week. Possibly by sandpapering his head off using his hair. 

Utter Shit

Quote from: Bently Sheds on April 26, 2021, 02:43:41 PM
Mrs Sheds reckons Jimmy Nesbit's character was masquerading as the Spanish special forces captain on that livestream as the camera seemed to linger for quite a long time on his masked face for no specific reason...

This was what I hinted at earlier. Could be him, could be a red herring or could be a coincidence.

This is the actor credited...

The other thing I hinted at:

Spoiler alert
Jimmy Lakewell told Steve to "look deeper into the race claim". The phrase "race claim" is an anagram of Carmichael, minus the letter H.

I'd put that down to Mercurio playing silly buggers personally. There's no way it's a coincidence, but I can't see it being anything other than a fun red herring. Too dumb even for a brazenly stupid show like Line of Duty
[close]

wooders1978

I haven't watched any of this yet because in my head it's a this is England spin-off where Combo and Lol have become cops

BlodwynPig

Has wee Jimmy Nesbitt appeared in Line of duty before? Otherwise, probably the least paper-thin piece of acting of all the cast so far. He'll have to go some in the final episode to tarnish that.

studpuppet

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 27, 2021, 08:19:05 AM
Has wee Jimmy Nesbitt appeared in Line of duty before? Otherwise, probably the least paper-thin piece of acting of all the cast so far. He'll have to go some in the final episode to tarnish that.

Nope. Cued up for series 7 probably.

https://twitter.com/JonnyGeller/status/1386429067029794817?s=20

BlodwynPig

So next Sunday will be a drab finale where they cast off a few red herrings resulting in Nesbitt being revealed as very much alive and ready for action in S7 as 'bent copper on the run / coming after AC12....but perhaps he's not that bent after all / is Ted really after him instead?'

yawnsome.

Blofelds Cat

Next season to be a musical...you heard it here first..***taps cock***

kalowski

I'm quite enjoying the nonsense of it all still, but laughing at some of the far fetched theories in seeing out there. Like
QuoteAnyone think Ryan may have been Jo's nephew?
More tenuous than the Star Wars universe.
QuoteWhy did Ted/Lisa appear to recognise each other in Series 5
Who??
QuoteChief Constable Osbourne is H, and Steve is his inside man.
I mean, for fuck's sake.

DrGreggles

Watched all of LoD6 today.

Fuck me, that long interview scene in the last episode was boring.

BlodwynPig

rjd2

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 27, 2021, 12:38:47 PM
So next Sunday will be a drab finale where they cast off a few red herrings resulting in Nesbitt being revealed as very much alive and ready for action in S7 as 'bent copper on the run / coming after AC12....but perhaps he's not that bent after all / is Ted really after him instead?'

yawnsome.

Don't forget the numerous attempted viral moments from Dunbar "Holy mother of God" etc.

beanheadmcginty

It's been bugging me for a while who Carmichael looks like and I've finally realised that it's Steve Pemberton.

Jerzy Bondov

Loved her coat with the red piping. Best bit of the episode.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: rjd2 on April 27, 2021, 10:04:11 PM
Don't forget the numerous attempted viral moments from Dunbar "Holy mother of God" etc.

"Gold, frankincense and myrrh!"

BeardFaceMan

During the finale I'll be keeping track of how many times I shout "oh for fucks sake" at the tv, I've a feeling it's going to be a lot.