Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:23:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

(spam): The Project

Started by Delete Delete Delete, December 24, 2017, 12:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spoon of Ploff

Hi Delete. Just had a brilliant idea that couldn't possibly go wrong in a million years.

I'm wondering if it's possible for a sort of 'readers choice' slot to replace the next show that reaches its natural end point.

Could be fun, taking the michael out of each others fav bits of TV fluff....

And thanks a whole bunch of imaginary karma for hosting this culturally signicant event for your fellow CABers. The week wouldn't be the same without it (no pressure).

Replies is not allowed to put that bloody furry fluke worm thing on a loop for half an hour.

Its not a bad idea, just a bit late. Becuase the next natural end points now would be like 20 odd weeks away. How about we do the odd stand alone night of viewrs choice, wehn everyone nominates a program and we marathon through the choices.

Spoon of Ploff

I like that idea. That idea is good.

Replies From View

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on June 02, 2018, 09:17:15 AM
Replies is not allowed to put that bloody furry fluke worm thing on a loop for half an hour.

Well if I can't have that, I choose 30 minutes of you bopping around your room to the Seinfeld bassline in your merest underpantage.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: Replies From View on June 02, 2018, 11:43:53 AM
Well if I can't have that, I choose 30 minutes of you bopping around your room to the Seinfeld bassline in your merest underpantage.

Is Ploff aware of the chillwave remix of the theme from Seinfeld?

Abelard - Seinwave 2000
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpsZkMN9tmc

monkfromhavana

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: monkfromhavana on June 02, 2018, 06:24:55 PM
Is Ploff aware of the chillwave remix of the theme from Seinfeld?

Abelard - Seinwave 2000
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpsZkMN9tmc

Gaahh! You can almost taste the nickel round wound with every horrid note.

Tuesday 05/06/18 at 6pm
Week 24

6pm Sabrina The Teenage Witch - Troll Bridge (last Episode of Season 1)
6:20 Batman The Animated Series - Fear Of Victory
6:45 X-Men The Animated Series - Mojo Vision (its Alien fat Stevei Woner)
7Pm King Of The Hill - Pilot
7:20 Cheers - Sams Woman
7:45 The Twilight Zone _Where Is Everyone
8pm A Bit Of Fry And Laurie - Episode 6
8:30 Monty Python - How Not To Be Seen
9Pm  Seinfeld - The Cafe
9:25 Quantum Leap - Freedom

The Film

Used Cars (1980)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejbC9G_Tpmo

Reminder this is on tonight at 6PM.

Kicking off for the last time in a while with Sabrina. https://live.fc2.com/6162694/

Pull up a propane BBQ its King Of The hill.

Dare you enter... The Twilight Zone.

Dancing in your pants to that bass twang.

Replies From View

On the cover of next week's Radio Times, Michael Buerk has squeezed into his least tatty braces, which can only mean that a deeply somber message is in the very process of being reinforced.

Contents:

The Tuesday Night Line-Up:

Bonus pages to follow in a few days....

Replies From View

Bonus pages...

Worthwhile-in-his-own-right Jason Connery moans about having a famous dad:

BBC2 starts broadcasting The Addams Family from the first episode onwards, and Take Your Pick is revived with Des O'Connor at the helm:

Cover story:

Didn't John Thaw get a double-page spread only a few weeks ago?  (Yes, he fucking well did.)

Quote from: Replies From View on April 13, 2018, 01:44:53 PM
John Thaw says, "From left to right:  would, would, would and would":

Twice as many double-page spreads as he has facial expressions, there.

Films:

Jeni Barnett's Kind of Day:

Adverts:

Letters and Next Week (you'll be delighted to observe that - FALSE ALARM - Roseanne is back, loud and proud!):

Spoon of Ploff

The Cliff and Mike cartoon makes me want to vomit.

the

Gonna be fucking tuning in for that one mate

Replies From View

I will be away Monday to Friday this week doing PGL with the school I work at.  Basically being that teacher you remember banging on your dormitory door at 3am because you and your friends won't shut the fuck up.  Fair enough; it's exciting and a bit scary because this is the first time you've been away from your parents for so long, but GET SOME FUCKING SLEEP.

Depending on wifi access I'll likely be posting the next batch of Radio Times pages next weekend rather than during the week.  Thought I'd let you know in case the break in routine sends you haywire.

Replies From View

buzby

As requested on the chat last night, here's the films I mentioned as possible candidates:
No Surrender (1985) - black comedy about the new manager of a underworld-owned club having to deal with the bookings made as a last act of revenge of his precdecessor. Alan Bleasdale's only film, it features a few of the Black Stuff cast (Michael Angelis, Bernard Hill, Tom Georgeson), Brookside regulars (Vince Earl, Tony Scoggo), a couple of the McGanns and Elvis Costello as an incompetent magician.

Way Upstream (BBC Tv, 1987) - a BBC 'Play For Today' adaptation of Alan Ayckbourn's allegorical stage play. Described aptly by one of the IMDB reviewers as 'Like Deliverance on the canals, but funnier' - it's a very odd film of a very odd play. It was only ever shown twice (01/01/88 and 17/08/89) on BBC1 and has never been released on DVD due to Ayckbourn's tight grip on the rights to his writing, but it is available out there (I have a hooky DVD of it).

Breaking Glass (1980) - a tale depicting how artists are chewed up and spat out by the music industry, it has a very similar story and feel to Alan Parker's adaption of The Wall (which it preceded by 2 years) minus the animation. Stars the then-unknown Hazel O'Connor in her first lead role (the soundtrack LP, for which she also wrote the songs, was her recording debut), Phil Daniels as the band's manager and Johnathan Pryce as the band's junkie sax player. Musically O'Connor can be a bit 'marmite', but as a film it's ok (especially as a comparision to The Wall which followed it).

Tuesday 12/06/18 at 6pm
Week 25

6pm Dragon Ball Z Episode 1
6:20 Batman The Animated Series - The Clock King
6:45 X-Men The Animated Series - Reunion Part 1 (The season 2 finale starts here)
7Pm King Of The Hill - Square Peg
7:20 Cheers - The Tortellini Tort
7:45 The Twilight Zone _One For The Angels
8pm A Bit Of Fry And Laurie - Episode 7 )Last of Series 1)
8:30 Monty Python - Spam
9Pm  Seinfeld - The Tape
9:25 Quantum Leap - Good Night Dear Heart

The Film
The Adventures Of Robin Hood (1938)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpqR6Ca-LL8

Reminder this is on tonight at 6pm.

This weeks stream is about to begin. Kicking off for the first time with Dragon Ball Z. https://live.fc2.com/6162694/