Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:28:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

FREE TOMMY ROBINSON!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by solidified gruel merchant, May 28, 2018, 02:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God bless you free, Tommy Robinson

Jesus loves you more than words can JAIL
12 (18.5%)
He has a cunning plan (to escape)
6 (9.2%)
A FREE TOMMY TIPPEE CUP JUST FOR ME
7 (10.8%)
More than words is all you have to do to make it real
1 (1.5%)
Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me
0 (0%)
Cause I'd already know
1 (1.5%)
What would you do if my heart was torn in two
2 (3.1%)
More than words to show you feel
0 (0%)
That your love for me is real
1 (1.5%)
What would you say if I took those words away
0 (0%)
Then you couldn't make things new just by saying I love you
1 (1.5%)
20 (30.8%)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgA7EzVnA4A
0 (0%)
Tommy Robinson, he wore a stetson hat
0 (0%)
He wore gorblimey trousers
0 (0%)
And he's a fucking twat
7 (10.8%)
Raoul Moat
7 (10.8%)
FREE TOMMY ROBINSON with every purchase
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 65

DrGreggles

Quotetolerant
/ˈtɒl(ə)r(ə)nt/
adjective
1. showing willingness to allow the existence of opinions or behaviour that one does not necessarily agree with.

Right, I'm blocking the cunt.

Cuellar

Quote from: phantom_power on July 15, 2019, 06:48:29 PM
It's no coincidence but it IS bullshit. Surely the most educated about Islam would be its followers who would be unlikely to be phobic against themselves. Ya dummy

Shia vs Sunni

CHECKMATE

phantom_power

Fuck you pal

As a side note, I can't help reading this thread title and following up with "IN EVERY COPY OF THIS WEEK'S LOOK-IN!!!!!!"

Pdine

Quote from: Autopsy Turvey on July 12, 2019, 02:15:14 PM
This is exactly what I was after, many thanks. Sounds like a damning passage, but the respondent's case underneath that quote makes clear the context of those words, where he is directly addressing the press, which again is presumably why the court didn't charge or convict him with incitement.

You're welcome, although your analysis is lacking to the point of tendentiousness. He was accused of contempt, and this judgement deals with that accusation. The fact that the same process didn't result in a charge of 'incitement' is entirely unremarkable. What he did say, and what he did, risked the due process around a case he pretended to care about. He either did care, and was too stupid to understand how his self-promotion risked potentially freeing paedophiles, or he didn't care, and was there for the views. There's not another option, as far as I can see.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Pdine on July 15, 2019, 09:50:15 PM
There's not another option, as far as I can see.

There is another option: that he hoped the accused would get off.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Autopsy Turvey on July 15, 2019, 02:57:05 PM
Yes that's been posted here before. Alas I don't find much of it hugely convincing, except the bit at the start where they announce that Tommy So-Called-Etc is not a nazi, a fascist or a white supremacist. Even so, hopenothate is a very partial source, their arguments here are weak and vague and crucially there are next to no seriously damning quotes from the subject (if they were doing a hit-piece on Nick Griffin, it would be full of his own words).
What's crucial here about the available volume of on-the-record bile, as compared with Nick Griffin or otherwise? Even if I were to make the incredibly generous allowance that his most unequivocal anti-muslim comments have to left aside because he apologised afterwards or whatever other asinine reason you'd care to aver, I'd still be able to point to the inflated rhetoric about encroaching Sharia and the marginalisation of non-muslims, disseminated moreover in the context of an increased hostility towards muslims generally. A disinterested party might read his words in the abstract and conclude that he has nothing more than an ideological opposition to radical Islamism, but in reality only a recklessly ignorant or disingenuous person would claim to hold that position.
I could go through it and flag up each of the various issues, but nobody wants that. I'm not much fussed if Flouncer wants to argue that I'm demonstrating 'bad faith', I'm not trying to deceive anyone. I'm an agnostic on virtually everything, I'm never going to vote, march, donate or campaign for any political figure. These thoughts are harmless, and if they can be rationally rebutted without recourse to personal insults, then the sooner the better.
Detached apathy (because if you're as neutral about Robinson as you claim, that's what it is, not agnosticism) isn't a credential, and there's plenty historical precedent that, as a prevailing attitude, it can be very harmful.
I hope the personal insults don't let up. You're clearly part of the Ann Widdecombe school of pompous spite that is presented as occupying the higher civil ground because your opinions trickle put with nary a "CUNT!!!" or "fuck off" in sight. You deserve the invective and it's fun to read.

PS I suspect you're trying to channel Flemming Rose with your little aside about allowing bigoted opinions to be debated publicly. Two points: 1) That has no bearing on Robinson's latest conviction or this tangent about whether or not he's an islamophobe. 2) Based on his comments about Geert Wilders, Rose would probably take a dim view of Robinson's vague-but-forthright belief that restrictions of some kind or another be placed on muslims.

sponk

Quote from: Benevolent Despot on July 15, 2019, 05:57:18 PM
Islamophobia can't exist. Knowledge about Islam and fear of it are a one-way street. It's no coincidence that the most educated about Islam are its biggest critics. Ignorance of Islam results in Islamophilia, which does exist.

Working class thickos are the most vocal about Islam because it has been imported into their neighbourhoods, and they suffer the effects, rather than the middle-class Islamophiles.

If I fear that Islam is going to cover the world in 80 foot cockroaches and blow up the sun would that be islamophobic?

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Benevolent Despot on July 15, 2019, 05:57:18 PM
Islamophobia can't exist. Knowledge about Islam and fear of it are a one-way street. It's no coincidence that the most educated about Islam are its biggest critics. Ignorance of Islam results in Islamophilia, which does exist.

This doesn't even work on its own terms. There must be some clever bigots out there you can read who can help you to at least put together a coherent argument.

lebowskibukowski

Found this poem on Twitter today, written by "a talented wordsmith".
Do not have the basic skills to link it so will just write it out...

Seeking asylum FROM Great Britain
The country where the Magna Carta was written
A country where the rape-gangs roam
To lure the young girl from her home
A country where the left appease
The moslems...on their knees
Where Tommy is the new Rubin Carter
Tommy, the revolution starter
And like Hurricane, he gave no quarter
And if he dies in prison, he'll be a martyr
And the media are like Bello and Bradley
Who want Tommy punished, very badly
And I can't help but feel ashamed
To live in a land
Where justice is a game

I'm welling up here. Makes you proud to be British, dunnit?

lazarou

QuoteWhere Tommy is the new Rubin Carter
Tommy, the revolution starter
And like Hurricane, he gave no quarter
And if he dies in prison, he'll be a martyr

Hurricane who? Higgins?

Norton Canes

Intriguing use of ellipsis as sort of... blank syllables. Dramatic pause?

Wasn't Rubin Carter actually guilty as fuck, leading Dylan to basically disassociate from him, or have I got the wrong end of the stick there

Lordofthefiles

Carter
Starter
Quarter
Martyr
Sharter
Farter
Cunta

Barry Admin

Quote from: lazarou on July 17, 2019, 11:28:06 AM
Hurricane who? Higgins?

The afore-mentioned Rubin Carter:

QuoteRubin "Hurricane" Carter (May 6, 1937 – April 20, 2014) was an American-Canadian middleweight boxer who was convicted twice of triple murder. He was released after a judge subsequently granted a petition of habeas corpus on procedural grounds [1] after spending almost 20 years in prison.

king_tubby

phantom_power

Want Tommy punished, very badly? Does that mean they will do a bad job of it?

Tim Key couldn't write a poem as funny as that. The right wing might be shit at intentional humour but they are fucking amazing at the unintended variety

You can always spot a racist cunt by the way they spell "moslem" as well.

And on a point of technicality, would a rape gang lure a young girl from their home? You would have to be pretty stupid to be lured out by a rape gang

phantom_power

Oh and likening Are Tommy to a victim of racism is next level lacking in self-awareness

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Norton Canes on July 17, 2019, 11:29:57 AM
Intriguing use of ellipsis as sort of... blank syllables. Dramatic pause?
I think it's filler put in because that line is shorter than the others by a few metrical feet (barring the dramatic couplet at the end).

lazarou

Quote from: Barry Admin on July 17, 2019, 11:31:59 AM
The afore-mentioned Rubin Carter:

Ah cheers for that. Probably should have got that from the context really.

SpiderChrist

"And I can't help but feel ashamed
To live in a land
Where justice is a game"

This is essentially a steal from Bob Dylan's "Hurricane". Cunt can't even write anything original.

"Rubin Carter was falsely tried
The crime was murder "one," guess who testified?
Bello and Bradley and they both baldly lied
And the newspapers, they all went along for the ride
How can the life of such a man
Be in the palm of some fool's hand?
To see him obviously framed
Couldn't help but make me feel ashamed to live in a land
Where justice is a game"

Dex Sawash

Golden E. Pump

Hurricane Helms.

Tried to chokeslam The Rock, mate.

Ferris

Quote from: SpiderChrist on July 17, 2019, 01:01:12 PM
"And I can't help but feel ashamed
To live in a land
Where justice is a game"

This is essentially a steal from Bob Dylan's "Hurricane". Cunt can't even write anything original.

"Rubin Carter was falsely tried
The crime was murder "one," guess who testified?
Bello and Bradley and they both baldly lied
And the newspapers, they all went along for the ride
How can the life of such a man
Be in the palm of some fool's hand?
To see him obviously framed
Couldn't help but make me feel ashamed to live in a land
Where justice is a game"

Was just about to make this point.

Imagine trying to pass off fucking Hurricane as your own shoddy verse. It's Bob fucking Dylan for fuck's sake. Referencing Rubin Carter and Bello/Bradley, about someone in the UK in 2019 as if that was the most natural reference in the world, rather than the obvious fingerprints of some third-rate lyrical larceny.

"Yeah I reckon I'll get away with this"

Fucking state of that. For shame.

Cuellar

It's like when that nonce hunter started quoting Dylan at a nonce.

Incomprehensible.

The moslems dot dot dot on their knees

Quote from: ErnestTakadichi on July 17, 2019, 03:54:50 PM
The moslems dot dot dot on their knees

If you actually say the word "ellipsis" it almost scans. Would also accept "comma" and "em dash", "colon" probably pushes the luck a bit too far.

Ferris

Quote from: Cuellar on July 17, 2019, 03:43:45 PM
It's like when that nonce hunter started quoting Dylan at a nonce.

???

Quote from: lebowskibukowski on July 17, 2019, 11:22:58 AM
A country where the rape-gangs roam

"...hear their hellish rondeleeeeeeeeet"

Cuellar

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 17, 2019, 04:10:24 PM
???

Can't remember the exact hunter/nonce involved. I'm sure someone here will, though. It came up in one of the hunter threads here.