Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:08:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Constellation

Started by thr0b, February 23, 2024, 11:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thr0b

I want that third season of the OA. That cliffhanger ending to season two was too nuts not to allow a follow up.

But then I also want the cliffhanger ending of Bugs resolving. What happens to Roz?!

thr0b

Well.

That episode was even more twisty. Gonna have to start mapping everything out to keep up.

Minami Minegishi

Did anyone stick with this until the bitter end?

I really can't stand most contemporary TV SF due to the fucking constant focus on themes like 'family' and mixing in too many other genres that I dislike in my SF - most specifically action and comedy.

This is just about watchable even though there is WAAAAAY too much family shit, and too much bad child acting. But there was enough complex SF stuff to keep me watching.

The dialogue was often fucking terrible - in particular TV writers still don't seem to understand how children speak. Most of them have kids, and I don't, so I'm mystified why they can't take the time to immerse us in the life and anxieties of a believable child.

Anyway, Rapace is a good actor but she is VERY one-note. Mike Ehrmantraut is Mike Ehrmantraut but I do like that he gets to play two different versions of himself, and the differences are performed really well.

Pretty significant cliffhanger that I assume means they are assured a season 2.

thr0b

Stuck with it to the end and enjoyed it all the way. Can't agree on the child actors being bad - given they had twins playing Alice and often swapped them mid-scene (while playing the same version of Alice), they're pretty damned impressive.

The final shot was so signposted and obvious, but looking forward to them resolving it anyway.

the hum

I've generally really enjoyed this, though I wouldn't say it's lived up to the intrigue generated with the first couple of episodes. The last episode in particular was in danger of going all Quantum Leap with the plodding pace and the veering away from the sci-fi premise, so I was quite grateful for the final shot, even if it was pretty signposted as thr0b mentions.

However, after it being mentioned here I now can't unsee the Apple product placement SO THANKS FOR THAT.

Minami Minegishi

Quote from: thr0b on March 30, 2024, 10:05:21 AMStuck with it to the end and enjoyed it all the way. Can't agree on the child actors being bad - given they had twins playing Alice and often swapped them mid-scene (while playing the same version of Alice), they're pretty damned impressive.

The terrible writing highlights the bad acting for me. I'm sure they would have been fine if at any point they had been given lines that human children actually say.