Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:53:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

William Hague: i'm not gay!

Started by biggytitbo, September 01, 2010, 09:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetetic

Quote from: thepuffpastryhangmananything other than an even socio-economic distribution suggests external factors control sexuality
Or rather, they can control expression of sexuality, which seems credible; like you say, almost anything's easier when you're better off.

Further to this, I can't believe that many people claim that homosexuality is entirely "physiologically predetermined", since given that even IQ (the most genetically linked individual difference I can think of) is limited to around 80% of variance being accounted for genetically in the most generous analyses. I wonder if there's ever been a clearly demonstrated link with single-sex education... (Given that single-sex education is co-incident with private education (and therefore somewhat predictive of future economic success) and to a more debatable extent more effective exam-results-wise education.)

George Oscar Bluth II

Is it possible that people from poorer backgrounds who are gay find it harder to come out?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

What about people who come from gayer backgrounds but are poor?

what about then

biggytitbo

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on September 05, 2010, 09:44:19 PM
Is it possible that people from poorer backgrounds who are gay find it harder to come out?
My friend back in hull came out and his dad made him live in the kennel with 't whippet.

Virgo76

You can sue if you're a sitting MP (e.g. John Major, Harold Wilson etc) although MPs are protected from libel if they are speaking in the Commons.
Jeffrey Archer wasn't a sitting MP at the time of the Monica Coghlan thing (nothing suspicious about her sudden death at all incidentally) although he could have sued even if he had been.

MALCOLM

Quote from: biggytitbo on September 05, 2010, 10:02:01 PM
My friend back in hull came out and his dad made him live in the kennel with 't whippet.

Was that better or worse than the house they were living in?

MojoJojo

Quote from: Virgo76 on September 06, 2010, 11:45:34 AM
You can sue if you're a sitting MP (e.g. John Major, Harold Wilson etc) although MPs are protected from libel if they are speaking in the Commons.
Jeffrey Archer wasn't a sitting MP at the time of the Monica Coghlan thing (nothing suspicious about her sudden death at all incidentally) although he could have sued even if he had been.

Hmmm, I wonder if a "I want to be an MP so I can commit atrocious libel" Party would have much chance of success.