Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:50:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I Bruised My Coccyx

Started by The Boston Crab, September 14, 2010, 06:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I don't know how or why but my tailbone has been really painful since I woke up on Sunday morning. I think it may have something to do with my uncomfortable chair. Two full days of seminars later and I can barely sit down or sleep. This is frustrating and a little depressing, given that I want it to be better, now. My online research has led me to the realisation that this may not heal for months, years or indeed ever, the only benefit of which is that it means I'm not so frustrated about not being able to see the GP/go to hospital until the weekend, anyway. I simply can't afford to miss this week of seminars. It also means I can't play football, tennis, go for a run, do kung fu, sit down and meditate or even just sit down and eat my fucking dinner/lunch/breakfast, look, I just can't fucking sit down, all right?

Amuse me or I will fuck you up when I'm better, in several months. Also, it basically means I'm unable to use the computer for long periods of time so if you don't see me around for a while, this is one of many possible reasons why.

biggytitbo

If it's any consolation/amusement to you i'm having a bit of trouble sitting down too due to a stinging bout of sciatica. Have you considered getting absolutely hammered?

I got a lovely bottle of Glenlivet 15 Year and a Glenmorangie for my 30th the other day; both remain unopened. I really fancy twatting a handful of Ibuprofen and getting right off my foamy clout and getting up at 6 tomorrow, stinking, flicking the Vs at the world, frying up a steak and polishing off what's left.

Goldentony

I'll tell you how I bruised my tailbone. About 8 years ago we were having a PE lesson where we were forced to do gymnastics, so they set up the smaller hall to have all the wooden apparatus out, all going across it one by one in a queue like some shit BBC 1962 version of the Krypton Factor, anyway we got pretty bored after the third go, and decided to do wrestling moves off the gymnastics horse. I chose to do a legdrop, and having no idea how to land, went directly onto my tailbone rendering the next hour a painful mass of white noise and confused audio-less shouting and complaining and laying face down in the PE heads office [GETTING BUMMED LADS] while waiting for three o clock to hit so I could crawl back home and sit on ice all weekend [AFTER GETTING BUMMED]

Ambient Sheep

If it's any consolation, I had something similar happen to me about five years ago: I woke up one morning feeling that I had a bruised coccyx, and had trouble sitting down for about three or four days (especially on my regular computer chair), but then it mysteriously went away, almost as quickly as it mysteriously came.  So fingers crossed for you.

Plenty of hot baths, maybe?  I seem to remember I had a few while trying to fix it.

mook

i'm sure i read somewhere that this can be caused by ingrowing hair that gets infected leading to years of embarrassing and agonising treatment.

Yep, i was right. you've got at least of these: MIGHT BE A BIT NWS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilonidal_cyst

Cerys

Youch.

I bruised mine after falling over in a kind of superhuman baby-preserving manouevre three years or so ago.  Agonising for a couple of weeks, then the pain practically disappeared overnight.

Conclusion: find a sprog, save it, reap the benefits.

biggytitbo

It's your own fault for evolving your tale away.

These horror stories and miraculous recoveries have cheered me right up. Thanks. Also, I just necked some pills, took a hot bath and am about to enjoy a Glenlivet. I already feel marginally better. The over-compensation will no doubt turn me into a hunchback but I can take that, I have a very heavy head, anyway.

Also, if it is a cyst, I'd prefer that to what I had envisaged, a tailbone like soggy chalk, crumbling in the doctor's palm as he hands it to me deep on the moors, the last remnants of my evolutionary shame swept up by the breeze and I collapse on the floor, weeping at the eternal loss, the first and last of my kind, the Manx Man.

Genuinely feel a bit better. Did any of you guys get the old crystals out and point them at my arse?

quadraspazzed

A friend of mine had this happen to her (she was dropped by a drunk idiot arse-first onto a kerb corner) - or as we called it "she broke her arse" - and it was really terrible. She was in agony for weeks while simultaneously losing all feeling in her lady-parts (at least the external bits), she was lucky not to damage her reproductive system, and she's still not 100% right six or seven months later. Really horrible for the poor girl.

Let's hope it's not as bad for you!

TotalMink

I had a similar injury due to a poorly executed Judo throw which landed at the fringe of the mat.  A steroid, anasthetic cortisone injection resulted in me partially shitting myself in 2nd year metalwork.

Zero Gravitas

Marginally better than doing it in WhatEveryoneWants.

Big Jack McBastard

Just shift your computer near your bed and lounge on the bastard, everything's better when you lounge.

Cerys

Swimming isn't.  I've tried.

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

I did this falling on my arse in a PE class. Sore to sit down for a few months, then minor occasional pain, then after maybe three or four years gone. I still have back pain occasionally when I stand up for too long but I think that's more to do with slightly dodgy posture, and my habit as a schoolgirl of carrying all my books ever plus ten kilos of miscellaneous junk in a big rucksack.

Big Jack McBastard

Disclaimer:
LoungingTM could also potentially make things worse when you're:

Getting away from fire,
Evading tigers,
Insulting gangsters,
Visiting an old folks home,
Urinating,
Defecating,
Vomiting.
Cycling.

I once punched by brother in the Coccyx and broke my thumb in the process, whereas his Coccyx remains intact and unharmed. This really isn't fair at all.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quoteten kilos of miscellaneous junk in a big rucksack

Bad posture? I couldn't think of a more fitting punishment for pushing drugs.

Treguard of Dunshelm

Quote from: Kishi the Bad Lampshade on September 15, 2010, 01:43:24 AM
I did this falling on my arse in a PE class. Sore to sit down for a few months, then minor occasional pain, then after maybe three or four years gone. I still have back pain occasionally when I stand up for too long but I think that's more to do with slightly dodgy posture, and my habit as a schoolgirl of carrying all my books ever plus ten kilos of miscellaneous junk in a big rucksack.

Pics of you as a schoolgirl or it never happened.