Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:32:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party - Any other leader would be 20 points ahead

Started by king_tubby, February 24, 2021, 02:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Heheh.  I hate[nb]Not in the real sense of hate.  I don't wish him dead.  I just utterly despise him and hope his political future goes round the Ubend and it's not even a clean one.[/nb] him too and I sincerely hope he gets kicked in the gools on May 6th.  He can milf off, the cunt.

jobotic

Buelligan

idunnosomename

tory sleaze! womenngirls! working families!

VOTE HAIRCUT 6 MAY FOR A SENSIBLE FUTURE

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Tory milfs, one of ver lads, tory milfs, one of ver lads

king_tubby

Fambo Number Mive

king_tubby

idunnosomename

lol all the blood in his legs has gone to his head. put some trousers on, you're a grown man

is he the son of this cunt?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Mills_(solicitor)

god im all done sleuthing because im drunk but this who it is

https://tameside.moderngov.co.uk/mgUserInfo.aspx?UID=958

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Pink Gregory

Even they couldn't resist that 'progressive patriotism' spiel.  That was disappointing. 

Buelligan

I agree.  Also felt it was rooted in the past.  Working class, middle class, people from manufacturing backgrounds, people who've been to university.  The world is changing.  The old ways of dividing up the people are dissolving.  A good reason why there are less Labour MPs from manufacturing backgrounds is that Thatcher destroyed Britain's manufacturing base.  There are no longer the jobs, so there won't be children brought up in those households because those households no longer exist in great numbers[nb]ETA:  I believe Starmer, arguably, comes from such a base, is he an example of what Labour or Britain needs?  I think not.  Where you come from may inform your politics but what really counts is what you do.[/nb].

To me, it seems that the Left is always fractured because too many people turn the focus away from what people say and do to what people come from, what their background is.  Understandable but very divisive.  It's ideas that count, actions.  Solidarity is what we need.  I say that as a cleaner who did not go to the university.

Pink Gregory

I'm a gardener who didn't go to university, but from a sort of lower-middle-class background.  Ms Gregory did a Masters, and is an administrator at a University, having previously worked in the perpetually underfunded and underappreciated Further Education sector; she *is* from a working class background.  We don't make loads of money, but we live somewhat comfortably (housesharing, no children, no recent emergencies).

I don't see what exactly makes us middle-class, but that's definitely what we would be thought of as.  We don't have anywhere near that kind of security or upward mobility.  We may not be gig-economy workers, but, you know, we're not that far from the gutter either. 

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on April 25, 2021, 09:02:04 AM
I agree.  Also felt it was rooted in the past.  Working class, middle class, people from manufacturing backgrounds, people who've been to university.  The world is changing.  The old ways of dividing up the people are dissolving.  A good reason why there are less Labour MPs from manufacturing backgrounds is that Thatcher destroyed Britain's manufacturing base.  There are no longer the jobs, so there won't be children brought up in those households because those households no longer exist in great numbers[nb]ETA:  I believe Starmer, arguably, comes from such a base, is he an example of what Labour or Britain needs?  I think not.  Where you come from may inform your politics but what really counts is what you do.[/nb].

To me, it seems that the Left is always fractured because too many people turn the focus away from what people say and do to what people come from, what their background is.  Understandable but very divisive.  It's ideas that count, actions.  Solidarity is what we need.  I say that as a cleaner who did not go to the university.

You'll never dream of owning R2D2 shoes.

Jockice

My post on Facebook this morning:

Angela Rayner on Marr going on about phone messages to and from Alexander 'Boris' Johnson to try and win favours. It's a disgrace.
But strangely enough, I haven't heard from her once since I got constant texts and emails urging me to give her my vote in the Labour deputy leadership campaign. Nor from her boss Sir Keith Starmer who also kindly sent me expensively-printed literature not mentioning who has funded it but containing a load of pledges that seem to have vanished into the ether.
Still, I won't be having that problem in the future. That's for sure.  Neither of them got my vote incidentally and the party I am now a former member of will also be very lucky if they ever do in the future. So well done both of you.

Paul Calf

Jockice

Quote from: Paul Calf on April 25, 2021, 10:16:34 AM
I bet that went down well :)

Oh there are a few who won't like it I'm sure. Eileen and Martin for a start. But they haven't seen it yet or maybe they've actually taken heed to my 'You can post anything you want on Facebook and I won't complain, even if I find it personally offensive, and I want the same privilege extended to me thanks' mantra. I usually refuse to get into arguments on there. Which some people seem to find annoying. Which is exactly why I do it.

Pink Gregory

It just beggars belief that they aren't smart enough to realise that trying to catch Johnson out in his flagrant corruption is pointless because the flagrancy is the point.  No more alternative narrative, just trying to be teacher's pet to the liberal commentariat who's material support is fairly  fucking conditional even when their man is in charge.

Buelligan

BlodwynPig

Ferris

I see Mandelson has been wheeled out to campaign in Hartlepool. It's like they're trying to lose.

Unrelatedly, I worked at a firm where morale and turnover got so bad that they sent the CEO over from Europe to walk around our offices and talk to us one to one. Problem was, this cunt was a big part of the reason we all hated the place and had no idea who we were or what we did so it was a complete own goal. Just sheer arrogance and ego to think "don't worry; I'll make an appearance and that'll fix everything" and nobody willing to say "err, is that a good idea boss?"

It demonstrated a culture of disconnected ego and lack of relationship to the people on the ground that are supposed to be on your side, and the proposed solution only highlighted the underlying problem. Don't know why I was reminded of that...

Sebastian Cobb

I've had that treatment. Having to pretend a bit of corporate indoctrination and some bellends ego is a treat rather than actually worse than the actual work.

Getting people like Mandleson in does seem to contradict the Sleaze messaging but then Starmer does seem to be someone who doesn't join dots and reacts to things as if they're all isolated events.

Buelligan

Quote from: Ronan Burtenshaw@ronanburtenshawChannel 4's Dispatches programme reported that Peter Mandelson called Jeffrey Epstein *while he was in prison for child sex offences* to ask him for a favour. Now the Labour leadership wants to make him a public figure again – while complaining about "Tory sleaze." Beyond belief.

https://twitter.com/ronanburtenshaw/status/1386301253509173250