Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:49:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Anyone still play GTA Online?

Started by Barry Admin, July 19, 2017, 01:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobias

Nice little session there. I had to retire early though, work tomorrow. Kittens - that guy who's yacht you were attacking in the chopper said to add him as a friend and he'll help make us a ton of cash. He's mic'd up but only does cross game chat via Sony's own chat system, not Rockstar's because he thinks there's too many dick heads out there he doesn't listening in. Sony's own cross game chat is far better quality too so we'll try and do that tomorrow night. He seems to know a lot about making a ton of money very quickly.

Anyway here's Kittens attempt at attacking us as we partied in someone's yacht. I really can't stop laughing at this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlvkIRGg_E0

Barry Admin

FredNurke

Brilliant, more videos please!

I like to think kittens' little red hat fell off as the helicopter exploded.

kittens

not going to be on tonight unfortunately. gonna miss out on big money. be back hopefully tomorrow.

mobias

Wasn't so good tonight. That guy with the yacht from last night was trying to set me up with a few easy money making challenges but without him having his mic on it was a bit difficult knowing what the fuck was going on. Should be about tomorrow night for a bit.

Rizla

Okay lads I'm back on PS4. Any of you lot still around?

If so, anyone up for joining me in attempting the Criminal Mastermind Challenge? This means doing all the heists, in order, on hard mode (ie zero lives), with the same four players all the way through. The prize for all this? A cool $12mill plus, each (you can only do it once though).

It'll be challenging, but definitely do-able with a bit of communication and planning, feasibly in one evening. I've bought an armoured Kuruma and a minigun specially.

3 volunteers needed step right up sign here son

kittens

i would fucking love to but i'm away from playstation for the next few weeks at least
that sounds totally wicked

Space ghost

Quote from: Rizla on August 15, 2017, 12:20:04 PM
Okay lads I'm back on PS4. Any of you lot still around?

If so, anyone up for joining me in attempting the Criminal Mastermind Challenge? This means doing all the heists, in order, on hard mode (ie zero lives), with the same four players all the way through. The prize for all this? A cool $12mill plus, each (you can only do it once though).

It'll be challenging, but definitely do-able with a bit of communication and planning, feasibly in one evening. I've bought an armoured Kuruma and a minigun specially.

3 volunteers needed step right up sign here son

You will never be able to do that!

mobias

Quote from: Space ghost on August 15, 2017, 08:35:43 PM
You will never be able to do that!

Yup sadly this is true. Doing it with zero lives is next to impossible.

Quote from: kittens on August 15, 2017, 08:01:53 PM
i would fucking love to but i'm away from playstation for the next few weeks at least
that sounds totally wicked

Come back soon Kittens. You've been missed. Not that I've been on massively recently either mind you.

Rizla

Come on lads, I've checked it out - if we all have armour, bulletproof helmets and plenty of snacks then we can seemingly all just stay in the armoured motor for most of the missions, shooting our robocop guns out the windows.

mobias

Had an evening of playing that slasher mode that Rockstar are currently doing a weekend promotion of. Really good fun. Reminds me a lot of playing Manhunt on the PS2. Easy money too, I made about £250,000 in an hour or so. 

Its amazing how people I've chatted to whilst playing buy those shark cards. Even people who play it a lot and make a lot of money still seem to top things up by buying shark cards. Its kinda crazy. They're so expensive.

mobias

Been having a good run of playing this recently but have just realised recently how much people treat it like a kind of really violent version of Second Life, with all the personal politics that entails. This is something which I guess ties in with the 'are you a dick' thread but it does seem like GTA Online suffers quite a bit from people really wanting to lead their pretend lives in it. I've never really experienced that sort of thing online since most online games I've ever played have been in and out affairs where you don't tend to stick around and just hang around with other players chatting to them and getting to know them on a personal level.

When me and Kittens were playing few weeks back we got to know this small group who I've since played a lot with and got to know. There seems to be have been a bit of a falling out though and people have fragmented off. Its a real shame because the whole experience is totally different if there's a big group of you mic'd up and having a laugh. Doing stuff just isn't the same with a whole load of randoms, who may or may not be a bunch of 12 year old kids. 

I can totally see why Rockstar makes a mint from selling shark cards since the temptation to have that super yacht or that high end apartment or that flashy 2 million dollar super car to show off to your friends is quite overwhelming. Unless you play it a lot, and some people do play it all day, every day, then it'll take you a while to have serious money.

Barry Admin

It's a very good week to invest in a business.

Import/Export warehouses are on sale, and car exports are double cash, and it's already the best way to make money. So you need CEO Offices (also discounted this week), vehicle warehouse, and then just like stockpile standard and mid motors. Although it might be worth selling mids at the minute, but you basically want to just sell your top ends and keep the others so it only gives you top ends from then on.

Research and stock at the bunker is also sped up this week I believe. I am really enjoying the bunker. Didn't get the benefit of the double cash last week, but it's providing nice passive income now I've got into the game again. Got my Combat MG upgraded to MK2 with incendiary bullets now.  I'm researching full metal jacket bullets at the minute.

Go and steal cars!

If you take a car back and are going to sell one there and then, always check the minimap for campers as guys will follow you back.

So far I've sold 74 cars and made $7,340,733 from it. Noice.

mobias

I was thinking about buying a bunker as they're not too expensive. I also really want that 8 million dollar super yacht but there's now way I'm paying Rockstar 60 quid for it and I'm never going to make that sort of cash in game any time soon. 

Do people here who play GTA online prefer playing mic'd up with people you've met in the game or with randoms? I just don't get anywhere near the same level of enjoyment out of playing with randoms as I did with my little crew before it all split up. I know a lot of people prefer not knowing who they're playing with.

Barry Admin

Bunker is really a sideline business, it's great to have running while you have fun, or while you focus on making real money. Get CEO and vehicle warehouse, then you can get a load of cash together to buy a bunker too. I don't have any bunker upgrades yet, so I just visit it every hour or two to buy or steal supplies, then I'll flog off bunker stick when it's around 50k to 100k. One thing that's great is that the bunker and eventual MOC missions are all really good fun, if you still enjoy doing missions.

Vehicle warehouse still always gives me an adrenaline rush every time, it's so exciting! At the minute - with the bonus - I can steal a car and my costs will be maybe around 5 grand repairs each way, 40 grand to customise the car, then sell it for 200 grand. You could do two or three of those per hour, and steal two cars for every car you sell to deal with the cooldown timer. Serious money to be made over the next week.

I'm deciding what to get next, either a cargobob to make vehicle warehouse runs quicker and less risky, or a MC Club business in order to start racking up more passive income. I just wish they'd integrate some of the businesses on your phone, it's a shitter that you can't check your stock (or resupply) without actually going to visit that business. That's one of the reasons I've been careful about the locations of my businesses, it makes a big QOL difference if you're on the grind.

On the mic thing, I am pretty variable. It's definitely a much better game when you have people to play with. I have a small group but we don't get much done in terms of heists etc. If I'm playing solo then I just mute my mic as I'll be listening to CNN in the background and don't want to broadcast it. Anyway you may want to try a LFG site or something as you obviously absolutely love the social side of it, and it shouldn't be hard to get a few more players to mess around with.

Rizla

I gave up on my MC businesses as they were too much hassle to run solo and you really need 1 or 2 gang members to make stealing supplies worthwhile. Also my drugs factories kept getting busted by the police which means you have to rush over there, kill about 20 cops in helicopters and stuff, then rescue your workers from a moving police van, without dying or you lose all your stock. I may go back to them at some point but the bunker/vehicle combo works really well at the moment. (All the standard class cars in my vehicle warehouse have become top classers, has this happened to yours?) The cargobob's great if you're solo grinding but it did have a tendency to suddenly drop cars in a busy lobby, hopefully they fixed that.

I don't bother with the mic, i'll usually start off a session by inviting everyone available to join my gang which sometimes gets a few takers, then order some crates or start some VIP work and see if they help me out. If they don't, I sack them, then come after them, guns blazing.

If I'm feeling angry or have let myself down at a social function, I sometimes source a car, hide a sticky bomb on it and bugger off to my office, leaving it for someone to pick up. When I see someone approach the car on the map, I prepare a text to them along the lines of "get ready for a surpriiiiise!". Sometimes works.

mobias

One thing I didn't realise until a few weeks back is that if you're on the Playstation you can download the PSN app to your mobile and instant message friends who are playing. Its slightly more of a faff than using the mic but if you can't be arsed talking directly to people and you're quite fast at typing then the instant message thing works well. It seemed to be the method all my crew were using anyway.

Anyway, still slightly gutted all my crew fell out as they were a good fun crowd whilst it all lasted. Rizla if you're on Playstation I'd be up for teaming up with you sometime. I'm on most nights. I occasionally see other CAB crew members here in GTA but I'm never quite sure who they are here.

Rizla

Quote from: mobias on August 23, 2017, 06:39:44 PM
Rizla if you're on Playstation I'd be up for teaming up with you sometime. I'm on most nights. I occasionally see other CAB crew members here in GTA but I'm never quite sure who they are here.

Yes, well up for it. You on tonight?

Rizla

My name is Rizalah, i live on the second floor

Barry Admin

I bought myself a wee bike club. No businesses yet though. Also treated myself to a new bike for it! My first new land vehicle since the 360 days. So exciting! Before I get into the serious I/E grind over this next week, I'm having fun just chilling on my new Gargoyle tonight. Just got it all upgraded there. Out at Mount Josiah, and I'm picking a spot on the horizon, then driving to it. It's so much fun! This bike is surprisingly nippy and controllable as a trail bike.

Anyone have any opinions on any of the other new bikes?

Barry Admin

Having a ball just riding my motorbike up mountains and listening to the radio. Such a fun game when you go back to treating it as a sandbox. I mean, I'm just contemplating whether I should parachute down from this mountain into the military base, so I can rip off a jet. Just awesome.

Barry Admin

Uncle TechTip

I tried to land a jet at that base, didn't go well, SAM up my arse, wasted.

mobias

New air based update next week. Looks fun. I love flying in GTA. http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60258/Next-Up-in-GTA-Online-Smuggler-s-Run-Watch-the-Trailer

Rizla was shortly in a session with you this evening but my phone went so I had to abandon the game. Maybe see you again over the weekend if you're about.

Rizla

yeah I'll be on tomorrow night for sure.

I was completely cunted when we played the other night btw. I'd been in the pub all day. could you tell?

mobias

Quote from: Rizla on August 25, 2017, 02:03:18 AM

I was completely cunted when we played the other night btw. I'd been in the pub all day. could you tell?

Only during the bit when you shot me to pieces when we first met. Other than that you seemed utterly sober. Thats the joy of GTA though.

Rizla

thanks for leaving me with that adorable twink

Barry Admin

Ten minutes until Smugglers Run! I've put in a decent grind the last week. Can't bloody wait to get the glider, and a new chopper first off. Hoping the business is a bit different but I think it'll be another sort of bunker. Still, can't wait for this update!

Barry Admin

Oh Jesus Christ, the new business is crates again. But the crates are... airplanes? Only done mission so far, two more then I get the glider for half a mil. Got a base in Zancudo, how could I not. Gonna be busy though I think.

mobias

So how does the new DLC work then? You buy a hanger and then what? I've got some cash to spend so looking to make an investment. Definitely buying a bunker, probably the Raton canyon one.

I really want a super yacht, just to hang out in, but there really is fuck all reason to have one other than to invite people over and sit in the hot tub.