Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:59:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Switch Cricks

Started by Roxy Robinson, March 17, 2023, 06:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roxy Robinson

I never really use the Switch handheld but I started to recently for half an hour here and there and it has pretty much given me late-onset spina bifida.

I have the Hori split-pad thing which has better buttons and sticks than the lamentable Joycons, not quite as comfortable to hold as some of the other grips you can get but on balance, good for play and bad for attritional nerve damage.

Beyond the creeping delayed agony this grip will certainly cause to my wrists, fingers, knuckles, elbows and shoulders, the actual process of sitting with my head tilted down on an angle has given me the defeated posture of a folded piece of cardboard.

Anyone else play much handheld and how do you mitigate this? Can anyone recommend the Premium Pro11 Wellbeing Elasticated Back Brace? No jokes about getting old haha, I'm in the gleaming prime of my life. It's Nintendo fault.

madhair60

i have a "satisfye" grip that helps my hands with it

bgmnts

Quote from: Shigeru MiyamotoNo pain no gain.

Roxy Robinson

Quote from: madhair60 on March 18, 2023, 12:08:32 AMi have a "satisfye" grip that helps my hands with it

More comfy defo but you're stuck with the Joycon buttons and sticks. I might customise the Hori grips with some extra plasticine.

Still get a fucked upper body from craned neck, sadly.