Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,800
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:20:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Forspoken

Started by oggyraiding, December 10, 2022, 12:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oggyraiding

The demo for this has just come out on PS5. Square Enix open world action adventure where you're a normal sassy person who gets transported into fantasy world and does magic and fights monsters.

From what I played of the demo, traversal is good, combat magic fun once you get used to switching spells/spellsets, but aiming and charging stuff is sloppy. I did the five main objective plus the extra "tough" boss, big thing is exploiting elemental weaknesses.

Graffix are good I guess, I think when they first announced the game it had a super pretty trailer, and in action it's nice.

Reminds me of Final Fantasy XV in many ways, except the main character is an insufferable cunt who always has a quip for every fucking sitation. And she banters with her magic bangles who is kind of like C3PO, also dreadful.

Mister Six

Yeah, I remember the trailer getting ragged on for its sub-Whedon bathos bollocks. "So I ended up in a fantasy world and now I can shoot fireballs!? What next, flying!?" Some shite like that. Put me right off it.

Mister Six

Just saw a post on Facebook that says the full game includes the option to reduce the amount of chatter. At the lowest level you only hear dialogue necessary to advance the plot.

UNSPOKEN, MORE LIKE.

oggyraiding

Not a good sign for the writers if most of their dialogue can be totally avoided in order to make a game tolerable.

Mister Six

Yeah, it also suggests to me that they realised they'd fucked it late into development, after money had been spent on the dialogue, and this is their solution.

Do any other games have dialogue filters?

oggyraiding

Reviews are out. Well some, a lot of places didn't receive review code in time to do a review. Looks pretty average. One for the "if it gets a big sale" pile.

Timothy

Played and finished it. Bought it for 40 euros thanks to the PS5 bundles.

It was alright. The first few hours are very oddly paced. Quite bad. Overlong bad cutscenes every few steps.

Then around chapter 4 the world opens up and you get more and more skills and the combat becomes quite fun.
Side missions are Ubisoft style towers and crappy dungeons and such. Main story around 9 - 11 hours.

Worth a shot if it's on PS PLUS but I wouldn't advice paying for the game.