Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:37:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Where is Cerys?

Started by All Surrogate, January 27, 2024, 01:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: curiousoranges on January 28, 2024, 03:05:11 PMRemember the time I didn't post here for months and nobody even noticed? I had to start my own "Where is he?" thread under a different name (Richard Cranium) and that had no replies.

Some people did say "not one of the good ones" and that was that.

Ray Travez

Quote from: curiousoranges on January 28, 2024, 03:05:11 PMRemember the time I didn't post here for months and nobody even noticed? I had to start my own "Where is he?" thread under a different name (Richard Cranium) and that had no replies.

We were not curious, orange

NoSleep

The F Bomb

Where is Smeraldina? One of my favourite living posters.

BlodwynPig

Missin The Boston Crab, one of my least favourite posters, one of the baduns

dontpaintyourteeth

Was wondering where dontpaintyourteeth was, but it turns out he's still here, posting gems daily. thank god!!

Proactive

Whenever she's not on screen, everyone should be asking "Where's Cerys?"

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Dex Sawash on January 27, 2024, 05:42:32 PMPraps she's just having trouble with the egg machine?

Will have a quick check tommorow morning, make sure she hasn't fallen in

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Dex Sawash

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on January 28, 2024, 08:12:04 PMWill have a quick check tommorow morning, make sure she hasn't fallen in

But which one of us is referring to her uterus?

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

I heard it was something to do with a bionic arse-related malfunction.

KaraokeDragon

Supposedly the factory that manufacture and repair them have declared a worker's soviet, there's a big banner draped from the roof saying "WE MAKE BIONIC ARSES, NOT PROFIT".

madhair60

cerys just DMd me and said she hates you all now and is never coming back

All Surrogate

jamiefairlie

Quote from: madhair60 on January 29, 2024, 09:55:09 AMcerys just DMd me and said she hates you all now and is never coming back

Now?

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 28, 2024, 08:07:46 PMMissin The Boston Crab, one of my least favourite posters, one of the baduns
See who the last poster to bang on about bullet hell shooters was, it'll probably be Bosto

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 28, 2024, 08:07:46 PMMissin The Boston Crab, one of my least favourite posters, one of the baduns
See who the last poster to bang on about bullet hell shooters was, it'll probably be Bosto (he's definitely still around)

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on February 12, 2024, 07:30:27 PMSee who the last poster to bang on about bullet hell shooters was, it'll probably be Bosto (he's definitely still around)

oh he's around alright. Peering round threads, peeking under posts.

Cuellar

We all know who Boston Crab is now but we have to pretend not to, like the invisible boss sketch in Chewin The Fat

TheJam-Fest

My favourite used to be the midnight rambler,always spouting off about how he'd come up with the idea for Kenneth Williams but Kenneth Williams got in there first and he said he wasn't bitter about it but he was..he fucking was!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cuellar on February 12, 2024, 07:57:42 PMWe all know who Boston Crab is now but we have to pretend not to, like the invisible boss sketch in Chewin The Fat

Alright Bosto, how's it hangin'?

Zero Gravitas

The Boston Crab and El Unicornio, mang always seemed pretty much indistinguishable to me, could be the syllable count, but if we have one left that's just as good as the other.

Emma Raducanu

I always thought of cerys and Tracey like bananarama.

Funcrusher

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on February 12, 2024, 08:30:27 PMThe Boston Crab and El Unicornio, mang always seemed pretty much indistinguishable to me

That's a bit rough on El Unicornio, Mang, I feel.

Zero Gravitas

Was Boston a right bastard then? Apologies Mang, add an extra sound somewhere.

The F Bomb

Over the last year, I've learned that for various reasons, I've always tended to push people away first before deciding whether to allow them in. The exceptions are people I instantly 'get' and who either get me or are very empathetic and intuitive to my vulnerabilities and 'my ways'. These tend to be instant friends for life or people I wish I could see a lot more than circumstances allow.

I've softened and become more trusting and straightforward in recent years, partly through stability and happiness, partly through the opposite, partly through sheer effort to have better relationships, but I have to accept that some people don't like the version I used to put out there and still do, at times. I have to accept that this version is also me, which is hard when it's obvious (to me) that it's not 'me'. I do find it painful that some people make up their mind long before I decide to be myself but that's my doing, not theirs. Nevertheless, I feel happier and more comfortable when they're not around.

I've also learned if I say things I don't mean, people will take me at my word when I'm joking or being self-deprecating or flippant. Even some of my closest friends will have to check if I'm being serious, at times. The psychiatrist explained that I expect people to read my mind. While I can understand what she's saying, in the moment I can still get frustrated when I feel people are being 'wilfully stupid' or misreprenting what I said. I overestimate people's ability to decipher my meaning.

So, I'm learning to spell out what I really mean and feel more which feels completely mental but I find people prefer me to be more open and direct. It seems to bring me a bit closer and I generally feel better for that. I get that people don't have energy, time or interest to unpack my intent but I'm not trying to set them a puzzle. It's obvious to me what's self-deprecating, what's parodic role-play, what's cathartic, throwaway id and somewhere in the mesh what I really believe. But while I acknowledge my many flaws and foibles, I do also believe unironically that if you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best. 😅😅😅

BlodwynPig was joking, by the way, he was just saying hello.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: The F Bomb on February 13, 2024, 04:55:44 AMOver the last year, I've learned that for various reasons, I've always tended to push people away first before deciding whether to allow them in. The exceptions are people I instantly 'get' and who either get me or are very empathetic and intuitive to my vulnerabilities and 'my ways'. These tend to be instant friends for life or people I wish I could see a lot more than circumstances allow.

I've softened and become more trusting and straightforward in recent years, partly through stability and happiness, partly through the opposite, partly through sheer effort to have better relationships, but I have to accept that some people don't like the version I used to put out there and still do, at times. I have to accept that this version is also me, which is hard when it's obvious (to me) that it's not 'me'. I do find it painful that some people make up their mind long before I decide to be myself but that's my doing, not theirs. Nevertheless, I feel happier and more comfortable when they're not around.

I've also learned if I say things I don't mean, people will take me at my word when I'm joking or being self-deprecating or flippant. Even some of my closest friends will have to check if I'm being serious, at times. The psychiatrist explained that I expect people to read my mind. While I can understand what she's saying, in the moment I can still get frustrated when I feel people are being 'wilfully stupid' or misreprenting what I said. I overestimate people's ability to decipher my meaning.

So, I'm learning to spell out what I really mean and feel more which feels completely mental but I find people prefer me to be more open and direct. It seems to bring me a bit closer and I generally feel better for that. I get that people don't have energy, time or interest to unpack my intent but I'm not trying to set them a puzzle. It's obvious to me what's self-deprecating, what's parodic role-play, what's cathartic, throwaway id and somewhere in the mesh what I really believe. But while I acknowledge my many flaws and foibles, I do also believe unironically that if you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best. 😅😅😅

BlodwynPig was joking, by the way, he was just saying hello.

Enough about you, where is Bosto, the rotten scoundrel ;))

TrenterPercenter

Bosto is one of the best (as is Cerys for that matter).

pigamus

Cerys and Replies from View both went to live on a farm. Now take your uniform off and go and do your recorder practice.