Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:40:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recommend me some good lo-fi

Started by lipsink, January 06, 2009, 10:03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I wouldn't say it's badly-recorded (considering the perfectly precise mix of porchstep strumming and ambient sound/rainfall) but 'Campfire Songs' by Animal Collective is pretty much my go-to for gorgeous folky ambience. Five extended acoustic dirges recorded in one take out in the countryside.

[tag]TBC Mentions AC Yet Again[/tag]

lipsink

Quote from: The Boston Crab on January 08, 2009, 09:23:06 AM
I wouldn't say it's badly-recorded (considering the perfectly precise mix of porchstep strumming and ambient sound/rainfall) but 'Campfire Songs' by Animal Collective is pretty much my go-to for gorgeous folky ambience. Five extended acoustic dirges recorded in one take out in the countryside.

[tag]TBC Mentions AC Yet Again[/tag]

Cheers, I love that album too. Recorded on a porch using 3 or 4 minidisc players wasn't it?

Plus, 'Sung Tongs' feels lo-fi/DIY (I love the distorted acoustic guitars on 'Who Could Win A Rabbit') even though it's obviously had a lot more time spent on the mxinig/recording than your average lo-fi stuff.