Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 10:34:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Florian Schneider leaves Kraftwerk!!

Started by Colin Sanction, January 06, 2009, 12:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
From http://kraftwerk.technopop.com.br/news_recent.php

Florian Schneider leaves Kraftwerk after a 40 years
partnership with Ralf Hütter.

This partnership has generated an incredible
music and huge advances in music technology.

Florian is a great musician, always seeking
the perfect sound through technology. Refined
and perfected sounds and vocoders to impossible
levels of perfection.

Our thanks for the state of art that led to
Kraftwerk's music all these years.

And our wishes for success Florian's new
projects as well as to this new Kraftwerk.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

2008 the year of reunions, 2009 is the year for break ups.

We are the robot.

NoSleep

This could be an interesting turn of events. Kraftwerk are so meticulous that I imagine entire genres have been assigned to their creative dustbin without the world knowing any the better. This is actually rather exciting news.

Ginyard

Quote from: NoSleep on January 06, 2009, 12:52:26 PM
This is actually rather exciting news.

But what if he swings the other way and just starts churning out GM lounge jazz?. I don't think he's thought this through.

mrClaypole

Well Kraftwerk with only one original member left.........has happened before when Hutter disapeared in the early 70s.
I hope that we finally get to hear the remasters that were supposed to be out 5 years ago.
Plus it would be nice to see a box set of demos and studio noodlings.......well when theyve recorded them!!!.
No seriously its abit of a shame really, but I dont think Florian contributed much to the songwriting process though as I have read from various ex memeber interviews, he was more employed to shape the sound and make all the neccessary sonic tweeks.
He missed afew gigs though in the last few years with out much explanation, now we know why. Ill type more later when my nephew isnt bawling his eyes out.

Pseudopath

Quote from: mrClaypole on January 08, 2009, 02:28:31 PM
Ill type more later when my nephew isnt bawling his eyes out.

Blimey...he must love Kraftwerk.

Ginyard

Quote from: mrClaypole on January 08, 2009, 02:28:31 PM
but I dont think Florian contributed much to the songwriting process though as I have read from various ex memeber interviews, he was more employed to shape the sound and make all the neccessary sonic tweeks.

I'd say that was quite the bulk of the work given that the songs themselves were generally pretty minimalist.

Don_Preston

no_offenc

Maybe he can join now-dead Liverpool kraut band K.... K.... as way of apologising to them for probably splitting them up because of suing them over a bloody name that I'm not sure can even be copyrighted.

explodingvinyl

Quote from: no_offenc on January 12, 2009, 10:13:03 AM
Maybe he can join now-dead Liverpool kraut band K.... K.... as way of apologising to them for probably splitting them up because of suing them over a bloody name that I'm not sure can even be copyrighted.

Eh? Do tell.

no_offenc

Well, okay, threatening to sue at least.  Seems to have forced Kling Klang into hiding or something.  Maybe not.  They could've just gotten bored with playing again.  I daren't ask them just in case it's a touchy subject.  http://drownedinsound.com/news/3169535

mrClaypole

I heard that they only toured again and released a new album because they had been ripped off by their American investment manager who disapeared with a good bulk of their money, I read that in Wolfgang Flurs "I was a robot" book. I think it may be true as Kraftwerk sent him many threatening lawyers letters telling him to stop repeating the story.
I kind of like the intrigue about the band but sometimes its nice to strip away and find out some inside info about the individuals behind the music so that you can get an idea about what makes them tick.
Plus I wouldnt have minded being at some of their house parties that they used to throw in the early '70's, they apparently got pretty raunchy and debauched.
When I said that Florian didnt contribute much to the songwriting and that he shaped the sound more, I was putting down his efforts as he crafted that unique Kling Klang sound that no other synth band has ever got close to replicating. Even if you hear Karl Bartos solo stuff, that dosent get the sound at all, he cant do the subtley that his old band could muster, they must have put months into just getting the right noise and then they only use it sparingly, no wonder theres only a new album every 20 years or so.
Does anyone think that there may be another album released?, I personally dont think there will be due to age, lack of interest, lack of new concepts or the fact that Florian has gone. I just cant see Ralf carrying on anymore.