Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:49:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Akron/Family

Started by The Boston Crab, February 07, 2009, 10:15:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Probably fairly natural listening for any AC fan, surprised to find that a search didn't show any results for these guys.

I downloaded a few of their albums today and been really impressed so far, especially by Meek Warrior. Still a little early to pick any standout songs, it's all damn good to my ears. Anyone into these chaps? New album due a little later this year, I think.

Don_Preston

I love this band. I'm sure they were my gateway band into the more inaccessible groups of the "New Weird America" genre. Sadly I've not seen them live, which is really the environment you should see them in. I have issues with their online shop being catered to the American market only, as I really would like to buy their tour exclusive live album. But alas they don't accept debit cards or Paypal.

Ramses VIII

Im not sure about the online shop thing, but check out www.younggodrecords.com . Michael Gira `discovered` Akron Family (I know that a terrible cliche but its the best way I can put it), and put their first 2 CD`s out as well as doing a split album with them and his Angels Of Light project ( they played as `The Angels Of Light` on the LP as well as backing him on tour).

Anyway- Don_Preston  GOOD SHOUT!!!

Ramses VIII

I`m on a roll, couldn`t resist putting some Gira up here-sorry, dont want to hijack the thread or anything but I think he`s great...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FnAO8yGZ9ZU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FnAO8yGZ9ZU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>