Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,330
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:40:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sam Campbell UK tour

Started by Tiggles, October 06, 2023, 08:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiggles

Harry Hill is such a good shout. Yes.

I'm sure Sam will find his way through, I just hope (for my own, selfish sake) that he doesn't have to compromise too much in order to get what he wants success-wise. And that he keeps doing live stuff. Good to hear that the head of C4 comedy is supporting him.

TM is brilliant for nurturing a connection with people who might not get him if they just saw a clip on social media. It is really showcasing his insane impish vulnerability along with leaving no-one in any doubt that there's significant intelligence doing battle inside that head. He is inspiring deep trust and affection, which will take him a long way.

edwardfog

Saw a WIP of this tour last night and it absolutely rips. Kind of blends the separate standup/prop/multimedia elements of his previous three shows. Really some of his best work

Tiggles

I both hate you (for being in London and being able to just go and see this stuff) and thank you profusely for making me even more excited.

The tour has sold out in loads of places now - friends I told to get tickets went "oooh I don't know, I'll see what he's like on Taskmaster", forgot to get them and are now regretting that delay very much.

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: edwardfog on October 23, 2023, 09:54:40 AMSaw a WIP of this tour last night and it absolutely rips. Kind of blends the separate standup/prop/multimedia elements of his previous three shows. Really some of his best work

All new material? Or has some of the Bulletproof 10 survived?

phantom_power

There is a full hour-long stand-up show of his called Companion on YouTube should anyone want to get some more Campbell goodness

Oosp

Companion is outstanding.

Also: He's not just coming to the UK. He's doing a show in ROI as well (Sugar Club in Dublin)

Memorex MP3

Going to a WIP fairly blindly next week; I've seen Hans Teeuwen mentioned as a comparison somewhere so that's enough to get me excited

CaledonianGonzo

Way more accessible than the Dutch absurdist.

edwardfog

Everyone (rightly) reps Companion but I believe The Trough is also on YouTube and I think is my favourite of the two

edwardfog

Quote from: CaledonianGonzo on October 23, 2023, 11:12:12 AMAll new material? Or has some of the Bulletproof 10 survived?

I sadly missed the BP10. Do you remember his bits/topics?

All the material last night was new as of the last six months or so, although I'd seen about 15 mins of it at Resofit and supporting Aunty Donna

Tiggles

Companion is particularly interesting in that it's almost entirely prop/ multimedia free, bar a couple of notable exceptions. It almost feels conventional, although obviously it isn't. @edwardfog do you know if this is how he delivered it as a stage show at the time, or is this something he's put together like this for release?

The Trough is absolute mayhem. He put it on the Skills in Time YouTube channel, here.

Tiggles

BP10 included the
Spoiler alert
toe length guitar hero thing
[close]
that I know he'd done before, and
Spoiler alert
a tennis-related bit
[close]
among other stuff iirc

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: edwardfog on October 23, 2023, 01:00:44 PMI sadly missed the BP10. Do you remember his bits/topics?

Ah - I missed it as well. Would have had to make a two hour trip into town for it specially to get back out for a gig at the Corn Exchange.

edwardfog

Quote from: Tiggles on October 23, 2023, 01:07:29 PMBP10 included the
Spoiler alert
toe length guitar hero thing
[close]
that I know he'd done before, and
Spoiler alert
a tennis-related bit
[close]
among other stuff iirc

First bit was in there, don't remember anything about the second bit

edwardfog

Quote from: Tiggles on October 23, 2023, 01:05:22 PMCompanion is particularly interesting in that it's almost entirely prop/ multimedia free, bar a couple of notable exceptions. It almost feels conventional, although obviously it isn't. @edwardfog do you know if this is how he delivered it as a stage show at the time, or is this something he's put together like this for release?

The Trough is absolute mayhem. He put it on the Skills in Time YouTube channel, here.

Yeah Companion was just straight man-and-a-mic stuff from fairly early on. He did once have a couple of slides for some of those bits like the Bratz dolls but when he put them together in a show he removed the visual stuff

The tennis bit was the 'Djokovic takes no prisoners' bit.

Also Bulletproof 10 started with the same bit he started the Aunty Donna warmup with, the hotel swimming pool / lift bit.

edwardfog

Oh yeah okay, he did both of those

Tiggles

Quote from: Oosp on October 23, 2023, 12:18:56 PMAlso: He's not just coming to the UK. He's doing a show in ROI as well (Sugar Club in Dublin)

The sold out Sugar Club show has now moved to Vicar Street (same date) with tickets available.

The majority of dates are now sold out from what I can tell.

Oosp

Quote from: Tiggles on October 30, 2023, 02:40:08 PMThe sold out Sugar Club show has now moved to Vicar Street (same date) with tickets available.

The majority of dates are now sold out from what I can tell.

Oh wow... had no idea! Love seeing comedy in Vicar St. I wonder if my existing Sugar Club tickets will be auto-assigned to a particular table in Vicar St?

Small Man Big Horse

Saw him yesterday at the Bill Murray and really loved it, the final five minutes were perhaps a little shaky (where he said he was trying out some ideas that were still in their early stages), but even they were pretty great. 4.75/5 on the Campbell-o-meter (ie I'd give anyone else 5/5, but compared to him at his very best it wasn't quite perfect).

Memorex MP3

Thought he was very good tonight but was in the unfortunate position of directly being behind the one person who was in hysterics to the point of total distraction for big chunks of the show

Would love to see a full finished show so I'll be getting on those old shows asap

Tiggles

Another Sam Campbell tour PSA.

New dates being added all the time. Extra dates for Bristol and Glasgow and a new one in Newcastle go on sale at midday today. Think Sheffield has also added a date but no info about tickets yet.

https://www.seetickets.com/tour/sam-campbell

SteveDave

He's doing two nights at the Bill Murray in the upcoming weeks too.

Blinder Data

i know he won the award and lots of people say he's good, but i'm surprised his tour is in demand. he's hardly a household name. is it the taskmaster effect?

Tiggles

Yep. Absolutely a viral, breakout star from it.

Tiggles

Actually quite a few new dates/ locations/ venues up now

https://www.samcampbelltour.com/

"As seen on... TASKMASTER & ARMPIT SHOWDOWN"

Snrub

Damn, still only one Salford gig. Fingers crossed that will change

iamcoop