Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Whiffy Dongle

Started by Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth, September 27, 2023, 03:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I have a USB wifi adapter which keeps randomly disconnecting, even though it remains plugged in. The drivers are apparently up to date and none of the other USB things do this. I only got this one because the PCI one I had before kept buggering up. What gives?

BlodwynPig

Gurke and Hare

Is the answer possibly "USB wifi adapters are fundamentally a bit crap"? I've never had one that was any good.

samadriel

What is Whiffy short for?

Whigh Figh.

touchingcloth

Quote from: samadriel on September 28, 2023, 04:27:35 AMWhat is Whiffy short for?

Because to ensure higher speeds than AM, FM, or even DAB radio, it operates in the GHz rather than MHz range.

canadagoose

Quote from: touchingcloth on September 28, 2023, 09:21:37 AMBecause to ensure higher speeds than AM, FM, or even DAB radio, it operates in the GHz rather than MHz range.
Imagine long-wave wifi. You'd get oddballs from Oslo and Stuttgart trying to connect until they get cut off by you putting the air fryer on.

touchingcloth

canadagoose

touchingcloth

Quote from: canadagoose on October 12, 2023, 09:22:31 PMYES. DO IT NOW, CUNT
[/quote

Fuck you, I'm imagining the opposite.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

This bastard has failed me for the last time! Does anyone have recommendations for a reliable wifi adapter, or should I just drill through the floor and run an ethernet cable up from the living room?

seepage

You could get a mesh wi-fi unit and connect it to the PC with an ethernet cable (BT mesh wi-fi disks have an ethernet socket on the back)