Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,805
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:29:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Jerry Lewis?

Started by Jake Thingray, May 16, 2011, 06:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMonk

Later in life he didn't give a fuck, did he. Sitting there spread-legged in tight white shorts, bollocks pointing towards whoever had the misfortune to be sitting in front of him.

I remember Nutty Professor had a scene where he punches someone out and I found that rather surreal in a Jerry Lewis film.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on January 31, 2022, 08:43:03 PMI remember Nutty Professor had a scene where he punches someone out and I found that rather surreal in a Jerry Lewis film.

That's when he's playing his arsehole alter ago Buddy Love, so it doesn't feel strange in context. He's a swaggering alpha male bully, the antithesis of the lovable dork Lewis usually played on screen.

McChesney Duntz

Which, it should be noted, is usually thought of as Lewis' unflattering takeoff on former partner Dean Martin, when it seems obvious, especially now, that it's really the off-screen Lewis himself he's portraying. Whether he even realized it or not.

McChesney Duntz

(Which, I now see, was brought up in the very second post in this thread 11 years ago by one, um, Ballad of Ballard Berkley. So never mind.)

Quote from: McChesney Duntz on January 31, 2022, 09:58:00 PM(Which, I now see, was brought up in the very second post in this thread 11 years ago by one, um, Ballad of Ballard Berkley. So never mind.)

Given how old this thread is, a bit of repetition is entirely understandable! I've just looked back over it, and Christ I don't half wang on (repetitiously) at times.

Quote from: TheMonk on January 31, 2022, 01:04:02 PMLater in life he didn't give a fuck, did he. Sitting there spread-legged in tight white shorts, bollocks pointing towards whoever had the misfortune to be sitting in front of him.

Those tight tennis shorts were definitely some sort of aggressive power play. Most unsettling.

Quote from: TheMonk on January 31, 2022, 01:04:02 PMLater in life he didn't give a fuck, did he. Sitting there spread-legged in tight white shorts, bollocks pointing towards whoever had the misfortune to be sitting in front of him.

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on February 01, 2022, 12:33:45 AMThose tight tennis shorts were definitely some sort of aggressive power play. Most unsettling.

TheMonk

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on February 01, 2022, 12:33:45 AMThose tight tennis shorts were definitely some sort of aggressive power play. Most unsettling.
Wonder if Belushi would be doing the same if he was still around.