Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:30:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Why no Elven Holocaust remembrance day?

Started by Mr. Analytical, November 11, 2006, 03:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you a....

Human
18 (54.5%)
Elf
1 (3%)
Dwarf
1 (3%)
Orc
1 (3%)
Dragon
6 (18.2%)
Fairy
6 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: November 11, 2006, 03:30:48 PM

Mr. Analytical

Has anyone else out there become aware of a new group of weirdos to rival the furries?  they call themselves the Otherkin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otherkin

The Otherkin believe that they are literally magical creatures trapped in a human form.  Some are elves, some are orcs, some are even dragons.  Once upon a time, their kin roamed the Earth freely but then they were exterminated by humans in an event that has come to be known as the Elven Holocaust and since then they have been forced into human shape to avoid detection.  They have been in hiding for so long that many of them have forgotten that they are no longer human.

Do we have any Otherkin here with us?

People do love to invent shite to fill their otherwise meaningless lives don't they? At least it's not as poisonous as religion but I'm sure the Otherkin are all deeply annoying people, and quite frankly probably deserved their Holocaust.

Gazeuse

They sound like a pain in the arse.

I bet they grudgingly turn back into humans when they get the shits and have to see a doctor.

sproggy

Thou must desist with thine cursing for they are gifted with forest magic and will kick thee cunt in.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

The Elven Holocaust? The Elven, HOLOCAUST?!

What a bunch of dickheads.

Mister Cairo

Will thousands of Otherkin gather round a convention centre while a Dimbelby does the commentary?

"And here they come, the deluded half-wits, and here is the Queen, looking out of place and wearing a dragon suit and holding a memory card. Behind her is Tony Blair, desperate for votes, dressed as an orc and holding a sword...We have just been told that an orgy of copulation is going on behind Peter Snow, who has refused to wear the tradional animal suit for his commentary, and has been attacked by the Furry Times."

Are there many "furries" in this country? I have never met one, nor have I met an Otherkin.

Brutus Beefcake

We should start a holocaust for these retards.

Catalogue Trousers

To answer the thread title:

Because elves suck.

Mr. Analytical

I find these people really quirky and weird.  I think they make the world more interesting merely by being out there, much like the Furries.  Admittedly the "Elven Holocaust" thing is a self-righteous and deluded persecution fantasy but beyond that, they don't seem to do much harm.

Their beliefs aren't that much weirder than those of your average christian.

Brutus Beefcake

At least Christian beliefs are based on SOMETHING.

Des Nilsen

I am part Fairy.

I like the basic idea of this (as some whimsical fantasy), but to take it so far is surely folly.

-

Still Not George

Quote from: "Brutus Beefcake"At least Christian beliefs are based on SOMETHING.
What, exactly? A series of writings produced by some secessionist Jewish priests in the 3rd-5th centuries? In which a man performs magic and then "comes back from the dead"?
I mean, at least Gandalf had a fucking sword and could kick some ass.

Being a LRPer, I run into these people from time to time. It comes to something when there's a subculture that even LRPers look down on. It's one thing to spend your weekend pretending to be an elf, but it's quite another to actually fucking believe you are one.

At least they're less sex-obsessed than the damn furries. (We have a severe problem with them, too - fat ugly women playing "catgirls" and trying desperately to pull by meowing a lot and licking themselves. Shudder.)

Brutus Beefcake

Quote from: "Still Not George"
What, exactly? A series of writings produced by some secessionist Jewish priests in the 3rd-5th centuries? In which a man performs magic and then "comes back from the dead"?
I mean, at least Gandalf had a fucking sword and could kick some ass.

Yes, it's something at least.

And furries, elves and other delusional fuckwits don't make the world more interesting, they make it more retarded and annoying.

sanchopanza

I would like to thank all posters on this topic, I have tears of laughter rolling down my cheeks, "I will kick thee cunt in", I love the internet!

All Surrogate

Quote from: "Mister Cairo"Are there many "furries" in this country? I have never met one
I have.  Within a few minutes of meeting, he had told me he was gay and a furry and given me his website address.  I was immune to his charms.  Now I come to think of it, he looked rather like SNG (no offence).  He wanted to live forever, as a wolf presumably.   Never met one of these Otherkin ... as far as I know.

Mr. Analytical

I have news!  Apparently there is a new breed of Otherkin called the Otakuin.

They believe that they are the reincarnated spirits of characters from manga and anime.

Brutus Beefcake

QuoteIs there such a thing as hunters? |

Yes. There are real people running around hunting vampires, and not just vampires. There are several reasons why people hunt vampires. Many hunters hold the opinion that vampires are evil, and that they would be doing the world a favour by wiping them out. Some people may hunt vampires for revenge, because one of their friends or family members have been attacked by a vampire. It might even be the fact that they have watched too many Buffy episodes, and think that they are the "chosen one", and that it is their life mission is to wipe out vampires. (Don't laugh, I have heard of this before). Whatever the reason, they need to sit down and re-think their state of mental health.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Mr. Analytical

I think that person is a reincarnation of a black pot.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

Pinball

Really? An evidence base? Hmmm....

lactating man nips

I don't understand all the hate towards these people or whatever they claim to be, as long as they don't preach their nonsense to me I have no problem with them. Could be worse, they could be scientologists.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I wouldn't have a problem if they didn't have the gall to use the word 'holocaust' to refer to some shit they just made up.

Still Not George

Quote from: "Eight Taiwanese Teenagers"What the hell is a furry?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fursuit

They deny it's the main thrust of the movement, but basically furries are people who get their jollies by dressing up as animals when they have sex. And making little noises like the animal they're supposed to be.

My own personal hatred of them stems from their slow infiltration of LRP. As I mentioned before, this consists of creepy little bastards dressed as dogs pretending to be "dog folk" and rubbing themselves up against people, annoying fat ugly women pretending to be "catkin" or similar and licking themselves in what they no doubt think is an alluring fashion (and no doubt would be if it was an actually attractive woman doing so in a much more appropriate context), and so forth.
Some LRP festivals now have large enough numbers of them for LRP-furries to have become a subgenre of LRP in it's own right, which has led to a growing mistaken opinion amongst outsiders that LRP is all about sex, which it isn't (except people having out-of-character sex in their own tents, of course). They're a fucking plague, and I hate them.

The Widow of Brid

Either someone who wanks over catgirls, someone who really likes anthropormorphic animal fiction but probably doesn't wank over it, or someone who - in lieu of a personality - wanks over catgirls while dressed like a twelve breasted nine cocked fox and angsts on the internet all day about how their inability to go to work in their twelve breasted nine cocked fox costume means that they are an OPPRESSED PERSECUTED MINORITY Oh My God and it's just like gay bashing.  While using an avatar of a twelve breasted nine cocked fox, who is crying.

The Widow of Brid

Quote from: "Still Not George"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fursuit

They deny it's the main thrust of the movement, but basically furries are people who get their jollies by dressing up as animals when they have sex. And making little noises like the animal they're supposed to be.

I think the point is that fursuiting seems to be the main thrust of this - relatively new - furry 'movement'. Rather than the main interst of most people who come under the blanket label 'furry'.
There's always been a fairly sizeable amount of furrys (furries? *shrug*) in fandom (SF/Fantasy, Gaming, Reeanactment). But pre-internet there seems to have been no real interest in a specific furry identity. And while it has undoubtably always had a sexual element, no one was going to dream of saying they wanked over The Rescuers any more than they'd casually share their love of masturbating over Home and Away.

I don't really get the furry aesthetic myself. But I admit to feeling a bit sorry for a lot of them. People who had the early rush of suddenly being able to talk freely about something universally regarded as ridiculous, possibly even shameful to others who didn't just withhold judgement but actually seemed to understand.  To watch that opportunity be co-opted by a bunch of cat ear wearing cuntbubbles with an astonishingly narrow world view,  a chip on their shoulder and a fetish where their personality should be must make them want to weep.

There are probably parallels to be made with both BDSM and feminist politics if we take the whole  'world of opportunities being pissed away by utter fucknuggets' thing as our starting point.

Smackhead Kangaroo

I can't be the only one suffering from "Elven Princess syndrome"  Come on, own up.
I know for sure that Almost suffers.

Geraint

Quote from: "Mrs Trousers"
Oh My God and it's just like gay bashing.  While using an avatar of a twelve breasted nine cocked fox, who is crying.

they tend to bring the nazi party's attitude to the jews into the debate even earlier than the rest of the internet too, blissfully ignorant that if they were discreet about their weird fetish people would shrug and move on.

Still Not George

Quote from: "Geraint"they tend to bring the nazi party's attitude to the jews into the debate even earlier than the rest of the internet too, blissfully ignorant that if they were discreet about their weird fetish people would shrug and move on.
Yeah, that one always annoys me. It is genuinely a fucking lifestyle choice in this case, you can't tell me someone is born with a need to dress up as a nine-breasted fox and yiff till the cows run away. Fetishes are fetishes, leave them at home with the whips and the fuck swings.

And then they bring up the Nazi party, as if anyone who disagrees with them is painting them as evil infiltrators to help shore up the unity of bigotry in the face of slow authoritarian takeover (and making a nice packet in the process), instead of shuddering and saying "put it away, you fucking creep," which is what they're actually doing.

Brutus Beefcake

If the Nazi party only wanted to wipe out annoying freaks like them I don't think anyone would have cared.