Author Topic: Savile Documentary  (Read 171811 times)

biggytitbo

• WHAT ABOUT THE GODDAM JAFFA CAKES ASSWIPE
    • theunredacted
Re: Savile Documentary
« Reply #240 on: October 05, 2012, 07:20:26 AM »
Johnny Ball. He had temptation everywhere he looked but I bet he never gave an underage girl more than a little peck on her cheek.

Retinend

• gettit done gettit on gettit done when you do it
« Reply #241 on: October 05, 2012, 09:51:13 AM »
Some doofus from Spiked has a kind of creepy reaction to the scandal

That's a rather blithe dismissal of a perfectly reasonable article. I think he's right that the subtext of the debate right now is that what was "obviously" pedo-y was not suspected enough. It's no stretch to imagine that this sort of tone in high profile cases will exacerbate careless gossip about their own town's local eccentrics.

Absorb the anus burn

• I'll serve raw potatoes at my summer party
« Reply #242 on: October 05, 2012, 10:08:42 AM »
Johnny Ball. He had temptation everywhere he looked but I bet he never gave an underage girl more than a little peck on her cheek.

I attended a recording of 'Think Of A Number'. The set resembled the film Salo and the only number I remember being discussed was 69. When the cameras weren't rolling Mr. Ball dressed up as a top heavy equation and began to strut up and down the studio screaming 'I'm the numerator - you're the denominators'. We had to draw him dirty Venn Diagrams and he made one child stick a set square up his bum... But we were lucky. Next door in studio three, Judith Hann was throwing sticks of dynamite into cots in the name of wonky science.

massive bereavement

• Representation mingles with what it represents
« Reply #243 on: October 05, 2012, 11:13:47 AM »
It was very difficult for us 70s/80s kids to recognise pedo's. The man in the picture below for example was actually an actor and NOT a pedo, yet we were all encouraged to write to Jim'll Fix It and include our home address as well as describing our wildest fantasies. I mean, what chance did we have!

shiftwork2

• pies this is your time
« Reply #244 on: October 05, 2012, 11:23:31 AM »
^ He looks ok, I'd get in.

Never Go With Strangers had much better kiddy fiddlers - including this dandy.

Imagine the call from his agent - great news Bob, they're looking for a chap who looks like he molests children.  Not a speaking part sadly, and you'll be on screen for three seconds.

The Masked Unit

• Sneaky ass alley cat top pedigree
« Reply #245 on: October 05, 2012, 11:23:53 AM »
My friend and his sister met Savile through through their dad's work back in the late 80s and I can confirm that he didn't paedophile them. Having said that, they were a bit young for him at the time and when I say "Through their dad's work" I mean that he was a Royal Marine and Jimmy used to come to the camp to do charity work or whatever, so there would have been loads of big hard men around to protect them from his advances.

What I can confirm is that they were told by Jimmy "You look like pop stars!"

George Oscar Bluth II

« Reply #246 on: October 05, 2012, 11:38:47 AM »
My Dad has a friend who was Savile's producer in the 70s. According to him Savile was a "horrible, horrible man" who "thought he could do what he wanted as long as he confessed it to a priest".

Knew nothing about paedoing though.

massive bereavement

• Representation mingles with what it represents
« Reply #247 on: October 05, 2012, 11:48:27 AM »
I think it's time to stop frightening kids and instead target these ads at pedo's, ie reverse the psychology and make peds think that children are a danger to them. A good poster campaign - I think this would be a great image to dissuade peds from seeing girls as sex objects and make them scared. I haven't thought of a slogan yet, it probably doesn't need one.

Jemble Fred

• ... And I ain't ashamed.
    • 100% BALLS
« Reply #248 on: October 05, 2012, 12:25:51 PM »
ALL children are safe with Duncan Preston!!!

If anything, it's him who would should be protected from THEM.

Small Man Big Horse

• Writers wanted for comedy website, pls click below
« Reply #249 on: October 05, 2012, 12:43:00 PM »
I'm not sure if you're playing along with me but it didn't happen. I was being silly.

Heh, I fell for it hook line and sinker. Someone else on here did take part in a wacaday once though so I blame them for my naivety, er, somehow...

Unoriginal

• Bit of a dick really
« Reply #250 on: October 05, 2012, 12:45:37 PM »
Seeing as BBC headquarters is a sex pad for nonces, I feel it's appropriate to accuse every male working for them of touching kids. Paxo, David Dimbleby, John Motson, Bruce Forsyth, Dick and Dom (no brainer), Jeremy Vine, those blokes off Masterchef ... paedos.

Not Freddie Starr though. Maybe Joe Pasquale.

variant

• I need four Xanax and two Miller Lites...
« Reply #251 on: October 05, 2012, 12:47:48 PM »
I've been trying to think of celebrities I met when I was at school and if any of them interfered with my bits (there might be some money in this after all).

So far I have:

Paul Daniels (school trip to see Wipeout(?) being filmed - at the BBC!!!): No nonce behaviour but he was a bit racist. I have since met him again in Redhill where he did a quick magic trick for us and a bunch of kids that were hanging around for photos etc. Again, no inappropriate touching just bloody impressive sleight of hand.

Frank Bruno (trip to Chessington - FB was filming for People): No nonce behaviour (or wife beating) but he did forget his lines so much that we got bored and walked off.

Buster Merryfield (trip to Portsmouth pyramids swimming pool): Buster was just sitting having a cup of tea watching the children swimming. This sounds a bit noncey but the poor old sod just looked happy to be out of the house. I also met him some years later and he was a lovely bloke and he only wanted to talk about the war (no joke).

Davina McCall (trip to Ibiza and DM was filming for MTV): I was a bit older here but it was nearly 20 years ago. I was an impressionable teenager and DM was still coming off the drugs. At no time did I stick anything up her anus, no matter how many times I asked.

So there you go; all the above can be added to the non-kiddie diddling list. Unless there's just something wrong with me that causes paedos to stay away[nb]Unlikely given a certain experience at Horsham train station once[/nb]?

Jemble Fred

• 100% BALLS
« Reply #252 on: October 05, 2012, 12:51:12 PM »
I would have been about 13 when I helped Sylvester McCoy to referee a celebrity football match during the Ludlow Festival, and I can honestly say that he barely touched my penis twice.

shiftwork2

• pies this is your time
« Reply #253 on: October 05, 2012, 12:54:54 PM »
Paul Daniels (school trip to see Wipeout(?) being filmed - at the BBC!!!): No nonce behaviour but he was a bit racist.

More info needed.  Which race did he want to wipeout?

23 Daves

• Break a leg!
    • Left and to the Back
« Reply #254 on: October 05, 2012, 01:06:24 PM »

Buster Merryfield (trip to Portsmouth pyramids swimming pool): Buster was just sitting having a cup of tea watching the children swimming. This sounds a bit noncey but the poor old sod just looked happy to be out of the house. I also met him some years later and he was a lovely bloke and he only wanted to talk about the war (no joke).

Was Merryfield a Portsmouth resident, then?  A friend of mine who lives there swore blind he saw him looking very nervous whilst some local "youths" were giving a bus driver a hard time (and vice versa) but I've always doubted it could have been him.

Meanwhile, where Savile is concerned a friend of mine sent me an email this morning to say that a recording of him talking to a girl was played on Channel 4 News last night.  Apparently, he was exasperated with her because she was saying Noel Edmonds was her favourite DJ.  Savile was heard saying in a desperate tone: “Don’t talk to me about Edmonds! I don’t want to hear about Edmonds and all those others thank you! Let’s just say Jim’s your number one pal! Ok?!” 

Obviously I feel sorry for the girl, but still, that is an outburst worthy of one of Alan Partridge's breakdowns.  You can imagine him saying it through gritted teeth.  Did anyone else manage to catch this?

mook

• what a bulb
« Reply #255 on: October 05, 2012, 01:06:50 PM »
^
^
alsations.

Jemble Fred

• 100% BALLS
« Reply #256 on: October 05, 2012, 01:09:10 PM »
This is really the greatest PR coup for Noel Edmonds since his career began. "I may have killed a man, but, y'know..."

Blumf

• Not long now
    • IGNORE ME!!!
« Reply #257 on: October 05, 2012, 01:10:18 PM »
Again, no inappropriate touching just bloody impressive sleight of hand.

Suggests you wouldn't have known if Daniels had done anything, I say grass him up to the police just to be on the safe side,

Shoulders?-Stomach!

• Are we human? Or are we toilet
    • http://jackanderton.jamendo.net/
« Reply #258 on: October 05, 2012, 01:15:13 PM »
Edmonds? I've heard rumours about him inviting kids around for weekly 'house parties' in the 1990s.

Blumf

• Not long now
    • IGNORE ME!!!
« Reply #259 on: October 05, 2012, 01:17:44 PM »
Edmonds? I've heard rumours about him inviting kids around for weekly 'house parties' in the 1990s.

There were stories about him setting up cameras to spy on people wanking.

variant

• I need four Xanax and two Miller Lites...
« Reply #260 on: October 05, 2012, 01:20:58 PM »
More info needed.  Which race did he want to wipeout?

There were some Americans in the audience and he kept going on about how fat all Americans are. There were also some Jew jokes but they may have been by the warm up guy come to think of it.

Was Merryfield a Portsmouth resident, then?  A friend of mine who lives there swore blind he saw him looking very nervous whilst some local "youths" were giving a bus driver a hard time (and vice versa) but I've always doubted it could have been him.

I think he lived somewhere on the South Coast (the second time I met him was in Worthing) and Portsmouth would suit an old sea-dog like Buster.

Suggests you wouldn't have known if Daniels had done anything, I say grass him up to the police just to be on the safe side,

Done

Operty1

• Frankie says you're 83% a real person
« Reply #261 on: October 05, 2012, 01:21:45 PM »

Meanwhile, where Savile is concerned a friend of mine sent me an email this morning to say that a recording of him talking to a girl was played on Channel 4 News last night.  Apparently, he was exasperated with her because she was saying Noel Edmonds was her favourite DJ.  Savile was heard saying in a desperate tone: “Don’t talk to me about Edmonds! I don’t want to hear about Edmonds and all those others thank you! Let’s just say Jim’s your number one pal! Ok?!” 

Obviously I feel sorry for the girl, but still, that is an outburst worthy of one of Alan Partridge's breakdowns.  You can imagine him saying it through gritted teeth.  Did anyone else manage to catch this?

I saw that report as well, and the recording weas very creepy. This might be it:

http://www.channel4.com/news/jimmy-savile-audio-emerges-of-unpleasant-encounter

I can't check coz i'm at work.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

« Reply #262 on: October 05, 2012, 01:22:07 PM »
Can we just come clean and admit that every single children's entertainer employed on British television between 1970 and 1999 was and is a full paedophile of children?

Indeed they were employed by UK broadcasters on the basis that their uncommon intimacy with children translated well across the country. Sir Ian Threthowan is on record as having said "Paedophiles are a vital and underused resource in this country and it is my firm belief in providing employment for all paedophiles.", while Sir Michael Checkland's historical empathy with ephebophilia is notorious, and his wife still has the stuffed ephebophile she got him for Christmas up in the attic.

Cerys

• Bionic-Arsed
  • Golden Member
  • Cyber Engineered Ravaged Yakking System
    • The Brainwrongs of Cerys
« Reply #263 on: October 05, 2012, 01:26:08 PM »
Anybody mentioned Lionel Blair?

haveachocolatebiscuit

• Fuzzy Wuzzy was a woman?!
« Reply #264 on: October 05, 2012, 01:26:14 PM »
Thank god in this age of austerity we have an industry where thousands of previously unemployed paedophiles can be put to work.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

« Reply #265 on: October 05, 2012, 01:30:13 PM »
Anybody mentioned Lionel Blair?

I'm afraid all his victims are too busy right now having their rape wounds chewed by maggots.

« Reply #266 on: October 05, 2012, 01:50:19 PM »
…Meanwhile, where Savile is concerned a friend of mine sent me an email this morning to say that a recording of him talking to a girl was played on Channel 4 News last night.  Apparently, he was exasperated with her because she was saying Noel Edmonds was her favourite DJ.  Savile was heard saying in a desperate tone: “Don’t talk to me about Edmonds! I don’t want to hear about Edmonds and all those others thank you! Let’s just say Jim’s your number one pal! Ok?!”…

According to the Telegraph:

Separately, audio recording from the programme Savile's Travels has emerged appearing to reveal him behaving inappropriately with a young girl.

The girl, who is clearly distressed, is heard being made to promise the presenter that he is "the only one in my life", but also telling him "get off me" and "get off my backside".

It is not clear whether the excerpt, revealed by Channel 4 News, was ever broadcast.

If the above was deemed fit to broadcast, one wonders what would be considered ‘unsuitable’.

I saw that report as well, and the recording weas very creepy. This might be it:

Cheers for the link – I had a look earlier and couldn’t find anything on the site.

billtheburger

• No-one’s ‘just friends’ with a bellydancer!
« Reply #267 on: October 05, 2012, 01:57:50 PM »
I wonder if London tailors are getting more internet hits during this whole "Savile Row".

Blumf

• Not long now
    • IGNORE ME!!!
« Reply #268 on: October 05, 2012, 02:02:54 PM »

What the fuck!? They presented the story in a 'top 5' countdown format!!?

Thomas

• well they do all sixteen dances.
« Reply #269 on: October 05, 2012, 02:03:27 PM »
Just read this on the Wikipedia:

In 1994, satirist Chris Morris gave a fake obituary on BBC Radio 1 (as a joke), saying that Savile had collapsed and died, which allegedly drew threats of legal action from Savile and forced an apology from Morris.

If nobody's heard it (though everyone here except for me probably heard it long ago), the radio clip is here:
http://soundcloud.com/ultraculture/chris-morris-on-jimmy-saviles