Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:08:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Youtube Thread

Started by garbed_attic, February 03, 2013, 01:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Amazed this got past me a few years ago but it does give me a nice little chuckle it's so stupid.

https://youtu.be/axfOJtmjRtY

GMTV

YouTube finally pushed me over the edge today with three unskippable 20 second ads in a row this morning. Decided to try vanced and might I say it has completely changed my life.

Tokyo van Ramming

Quote from: GMTV on November 11, 2021, 01:05:31 PM
YouTube finally pushed me over the edge today with three unskippable 20 second ads in a row this morning. Decided to try vanced and might I say it has completely changed my life.

It's bloody great isn't it? I can't believe it's still going.

GMTV

Quote from: Tokyo van Ramming on November 11, 2021, 08:11:08 PM
It's bloody great isn't it? I can't believe it's still going.

Feel like a numpty for not trying it sooner. Been a fair few recommendations for it on here too, should've listened...

sevendaughters

Mission Across Wales: Third Time's The Charm confirmed!

Dex Sawash

Vanced up here now too.

On the weekend watched a couple of carpeting videos so I could learn some tricks to replace carpet in a closet that has a bunch of complex corners. <end of boring setup for the actual story> Now my #shorts are now all middle eastern guys cleaning fancy rugs with pressure washers and really fancy S asian
ladies selling horrible new money rugs with wolves or tigers on them.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: bgmnts on November 07, 2021, 11:05:58 PMAmazed this got past me a few years ago but it does give me a nice little chuckle it's so stupid.

https://youtu.be/axfOJtmjRtY

Wonder if quotes of old posts auto embed YouTube?

Edit- no they don't

Dex Sawash

@bgmnts sorry to get you a quote notification for no real reason

gib

Quote from: sevendaughters on November 17, 2021, 06:38:30 PMMission Across Wales: Third Time's The Charm confirmed!

part one's out

i love the risky bits where they have to go through private land

sevendaughters

Good part one, I like his brother as a compadre compared to Greg

Neomod

Any humility being shown for his previous bodge job in Scotland?

sevendaughters

Quote from: Neomod on December 24, 2021, 02:09:10 PMAny humility being shown for his previous bodge job in Scotland?

Not really, although they do seem like they have a quieter route this time. There's one bit where a guy mending a tractor sort of looks at them funny (without seeming threatening or like he's going to stop them) and yer main man does the cringey WE'RE TRYING TO WALK ACROSS WALES IN A STRAIGHT LINE bollocks

phes

Every time he does that like it's a cheat code to traipsing across land I kind of hope he'll get the shit kicked out of him.

Natnar

Quote from: sevendaughters on December 26, 2021, 08:39:46 PMNot really, although they do seem like they have a quieter route this time. There's one bit where a guy mending a tractor sort of looks at them funny (without seeming threatening or like he's going to stop them) and yer main man does the cringey WE'RE TRYING TO WALK ACROSS WALES IN A STRAIGHT LINE bollocks

It's almost as if he's become arrogant enough to think that people might recognize him and give him a free pass. He definately seems to think more highly of himself these days.

sevendaughters

Quote from: Natnar on December 28, 2021, 09:05:46 AMIt's almost as if he's become arrogant enough to think that people might recognize him and give him a free pass. He definately seems to think more highly of himself these days.

I think so too. He has legions of arselickers who are willing to, idk, lug a canoe across Norway for him (let alone pony up for his Patreon). He's promising the next episode is the best one ever and it seems like it might be spicy from preview and am wondering how he plays it.

Natnar

This article https://swd.media/videos/straight-line-youtubers-facing-prosecution-after-crossing-high-speed-railway-line-and-motorways-on-foot-1-29214/ seems to suggest that Geowizard was going to be prosecuted for crossing some railway lines during one of the other straight line attempts, did this happen?

sevendaughters

Quote from: Natnar on December 28, 2021, 10:32:22 AMThis article https://swd.media/videos/straight-line-youtubers-facing-prosecution-after-crossing-high-speed-railway-line-and-motorways-on-foot-1-29214/ seems to suggest that Geowizard was going to be prosecuted for crossing some railway lines during one of the other straight line attempts, did this happen?

he re-edited and uploaded after a conversation with BTP i believe. he's not going to lose the precious dribblings of content cash, is he?

Natnar

Quote from: sevendaughters on December 28, 2021, 10:37:26 AMhe re-edited and uploaded after a conversation with BTP i believe. he's not going to lose the precious dribblings of content cash, is he?

Ah right, looks like there's still a very short clip of them crossing the railway line in the intro to the first episode of the Scotland one though. I can see the arguement for removing the railway bit, it's a dangerous thing to do.

sevendaughters

part two is released today. already on Patreon. I've not watched it yet but it is titled 'the farmer experience I've been dreading for 3 years'.

sevendaughters

Jim_MacLaine

At the end of the day most farmers are cunts so I was delighted with
Spoiler alert
the latest episode
[close]

BritishHobo

Tensest one he's ever done.
Spoiler alert
Heartbreaking with the rolled ankle after all that. Really ramped up the stakes now, it is going to be a bit of a gutpunch if things go south enough in part 3 to force them to stop before the end.
[close]

sevendaughters

thoughts

Spoiler alert
he came across a bit of a twat in the farmer confrontation (STOP SAYING THE THING ABOUT THE STRAIGHT LINE) but he did the right thing.

also like the edits on Ben's face, clearly not enjoying it nearly as much
[close]

BritishHobo

Yeah, the (probably untintentionally) aggressive way he shouted
Spoiler alert
"WE HAVE TO GO IN A STRAIGHT LINE"
[close]
felt a bit pisstakey. As if they were on a secret government mission, and the bloke was meant to just go "oh, right, crack on then!".

gib

i don't mind if he makes a few quid if he keeps doing these adventures.

Spoiler alert
and i mean the ones with farmers. It's been a while since i ran away from one but it was something to do where we lived. Nice to see a traditional countryside sport like this getting a bit of a revival. 
[close]

sevendaughters

his patreon probably makes about $8-10k a month.

anyway - another non-spoiler thought. i don't care if he doesn't camp out on the line as long as he does the line. i like the camping stuff and it presents another layer of difficulty but also it's not the point of it for me. like at the end of the last episode when he's not in the best of state but it's like 2pm, just get Mrs Geowizard to drive you to a hotel and have dinner and sleep it off. the line is hard enough without all the additional conditions.

phes

after warming to it quickly I've gradually become extremely and unreasonably unsympathetic to this dweeb. He is now a receptacle for all my unsavoury feelings and I tune in to each episode hoping he suffers humiliation and minor acts of violence

Spoiler alert
Holding out hope that when he completes this one - as he obviously will - he'll get home to find he ballsed up the GPS
[close]

Natnar

Quote from: sevendaughters on January 02, 2022, 10:47:51 AMhis patreon probably makes about $8-10k a month.

anyway - another non-spoiler thought. i don't care if he doesn't camp out on the line as long as he does the line. i like the camping stuff and it presents another layer of difficulty but also it's not the point of it for me. like at the end of the last episode when he's not in the best of state but it's like 2pm, just get Mrs Geowizard to drive you to a hotel and have dinner and sleep it off. the line is hard enough without all the additional conditions.
I think he should have to camp out whilst doing the straight line challenge as it sort of defeats the whole point of the thing if he doesn't.

ProvanFan

Instead of a straight line, why doesnt he go in a dick and balls line?