Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:09:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fake Boring Books

Started by lazyhour, March 06, 2013, 01:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lazyhour

I was bored this morning so I made this. For some reason I'm very amused by the idea of making jackets for fake books (or anything, really) that could just about be real, but aren't. If anyone else would like to contribute, it might make today go by a little bit quicker.

lazyhour

So my idea hasn't set C&B alight. That's fine. Maybe a more up-to-date book would help?

BritishHobo

I'm not creative enough to contribute, but I do love these.

lazyhour

Beautiful. I need to know if Clive is Reginald's father, or his son. Or perhaps his kindly grandfather?

Quote from: lazyhour on March 06, 2013, 09:39:12 PM
Beautiful. I need to know if Clive is Reginald's father, or his son. Or perhaps his kindly grandfather?

Clive is Reg's son.  He's immensely proud of his Dad's work.  Especially the critically-lauded, 800-page "Vol.2 (1967-1968).

Mark Steels Stockbroker

Can we have one for Standing To Win: The New Challenges For The Heath Government by Anthony Biggytitbo, please?

Nuclear Optimism

Thomas

lazyhour

Stunning. I think the chalk one might be my favourite.

lazyhour

Here's one that's all too real, but really should be fake:

Ambient Sheep

These are all fabulous, wish I was talented enough to contribute.

Also makes me feel quite nostalgic, as my older brother had a shelf full of books with covers (and sometimes even titles!) like this, which I loved to browse through as a nipper even if I didn't understand much.

So, lazyhour, before it drives me insane, please tell me the name of the original book that you derived your opening post from?  I'm sure I've seen the real thing before and it's driving me potty.  Maybe some sort of old computing manual?  Shares that kinda typeface anyway.  Google image-a-like was no help...

To be honest, it's pretty difficult to resist asking that for all of these, but that one in particular is bugging me the most!

Great work, everybody...

lazyhour

I'm afraid it was entirely from my own imagination, Sheepy! I just knocked it all up with generated shapes, lines and fonts in Photoshop.

Here's a useful tome:

Nuclear Optimism

Nuclear Optimism

Gradual Decline

BlodwynPig

Gradual Decline

Norton Canes

Hang on... where are you getting the 'creased up book cover' template for these?

lazyhour

"Advanced Intermediates for Beginners" - what a peach.

ElTopo

Gamma Ray

Now this reminds me of the IRL classic 'Identifying Wood', and looking at it's entry on Amazon it appears internet japesters have uploaded some interesting plates to the customer images.

BlodwynPig

Tablet-Ops?

Interesting...tell me more.

Thomas

Quote from: Norton Canes on March 07, 2013, 08:30:41 PM
Hang on... where are you getting the 'creased up book cover' template for these?

Seconded. Spill the beans, designers.