Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:11:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Wolf Among Us, and also The Walking Dead Season 2 (No Spoilers)

Started by Old Nehamkin, October 29, 2013, 05:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Personally, I feel they sort all that out with the "Previously On" bit at the start of every episode.

Just realised my Steam updated with the new episode sometime today. I've been fairly cold towards the game in general, which I feel I've explained why in great detail.
Basically, it all feels a bit dull, especially with the characterisation. The choices feel like they're either making you play as good cop, or bad cop. And there's really no incentive, gameplay or narrative to act the shithead. And therefore he feels very wishy-washy and a dull flawless hero. He's not an anti-hero, but a hero, but everyone around you acts like you're the anti-hero.

I've found the hard-boiled plot cliche and dull, in that it's just a cookie-cutter type hard-boiled  I really love the look, wooden animation and tank controls aside.

BUT.

What happened earlier this week was I started the game up again, right from the very, very start. All new game.
All new game, looking to play this as the biggest fucking shithead I can. Just needlessly violent and cold to everyone.

And it's suddenly become a lot more interesting. He's actually a flawed and more nuanced character now. He's an anti-hero, and there's still a kindness in him, possibly, but it's buried under a lot of fucking shittiness.

I think this in itself is damning, because there's no encouragement to play the character this way, it's not the Walking Dead, where decisions are based on whatever grey moral code people have in a stressful 15 second time limit. It's a choice between being a kind hearted knight, and being a violent shithead, and the writers and gameplay do nothing to encourage you to play the latter. So I think it's an inherent problem with the game. Although, it's potentially just an issue with me.
Everyone else seems to rave about this game.

I'm hugely enjoying it now that I'm playing like this. I'm actively role-playing a character, instead of just being a rational human being who has the agency to do rational things.

So I'm going to see if I can get back up to the new content tonight now I'm back from work.

Thursday

Episode 3 was a small improvement I thought. Felt more substantial, though still a lack of actual puzzles. (Why do I even have an inventory when the only thing I have is money?)

My choices were

Spoiler alert

Didn't interrupt Snow's eulogy
Went to the Tweedles' Office first
Offered Flycatcher a job
Didn't burn Greenleaf's tree
And I killed Tweedle Dum

And that last one is interesting for being the only choice that's almost a 50/50 split. I've mostly played a "good Bigby" but they've been such a pain throughout the game, seemed like it was time at least one of them got what was coming to them.
[close]

A.A

^ Wait, you're expecting puzzles in a Telltale game?

I like the game. The style clicks with me, and it's a world that I wish I could explore more fully, in a proper full-blown adventure game, not a Telltale one. 

Season 2 of The Walking Dead, however, is leaving me cold.

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: Thursday on April 13, 2014, 05:38:23 PM
Episode 3 was a small improvement I thought. Felt more substantial, though still a lack of actual puzzles. (Why do I even have an inventory when the only thing I have is money?)

My choices were

Spoiler alert

Didn't interrupt Snow's eulogy
Went to the Tweedles' Office first
Offered Flycatcher a job
Didn't burn Greenleaf's tree
And I killed Tweedle Dum

And that last one is interesting for being the only choice that's almost a 50/50 split. I've mostly played a "good Bigby" but they've been such a pain throughout the game, seemed like it was time at least one of them got what was coming to them.
[close]
I done the same as you except for I couldn't bring myself to
Spoiler alert
kill Tweedle Dum, even though I think he's a fuckhead and I hate him, and during the funeral scene I decided that I would kill both of them given the chance
[close]
. I'm a wuss.

chand

I'm enjoying TWAU less than TWD, but it's decent enough. The decisions were a bit less obvious than previous episodes, but only because they mostly didn't matter.
Spoiler alert
Offering Flycatcher a job? Deciding which of the three places to go first? Meh.
[close]
But I did like the stuff at
Spoiler alert
the funeral, the choice between whether to stubbornly press on with trying to talk to Snow (with some justification), or whether to be less of a dick about it, sort of felt like an interesting test of personality.
[close]

One of my problems with series like this, though, is that I don't always get the options I want.
Spoiler alert
When it came to burning Greenleaf's tree down, you basically get the option to either encourage Snow to do it, or undermine her by taking Greenleaf's side. What I wanted to do was to present an alternative argument but ultimately leave it up to Snow. It felt a bit twatty to pull rank and forbid her to do a quite justifiable thing, so I would have preferred a more neutral option than essentially telling her what to do. I wanted to say 'I don't really think burning the tree would achieve much, but if you want to do it I won't stop you'. Maybe I'm just a pussy.
[close]

DJ Solid Snail

Just found out that the character Luke is voiced by Jason Street from Friday Night Lights.

...That's all.

Thursday

So walking dead episode 3

My choices

Spoiler alert

Didn't help Sarah with chores
Told Bonnie about Luke
Tried to admit to stealing walkie talkie
Didn't watch Kenny kill Carver
Chopped off Sarita's arm.
[close]

Spoiler alert

I'm glad they've moved things on from this Carver story, In a way he's a better version of The Govenor, but he still annoys me because he's evil beyond even serving his own interests. I still don't really understand why he was so determined to find your group and force you all to work there instead of just finding more willing people to do the work. It just seems like petty revenge which doesn't really sit with the whole "survival of the fittest, all for the good of the group" schtick. He's still basically just a moustache twirler in spite of their attempts to give him more complexity.  And I don't like them trying to pull the "ahh but are you really so different?!?!?!" card. Just because the game's manipulated you into wanting to kill a really horrible evil, fictional villain, doesn't make you like him in any way. I just want to stop him from being able to hurt more people.

Still enjoyed it a lot, although it felt like my choices mattered even less in this one.
Spoiler alert

[close]
[close]

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

I completed Chapter 3 on the day it was released.

Spoiler alert
It would seem that which 500 Days characters you convince to join the camp effects whether or not you see little cameo appearances of them during this chapter - with the exception of Bonnie, who always joins the camp and is a fairly major character. To be honest, I wasn't expecting much, but it still seems like a lazy way to link the stories.
[close]

Thursday

Spoiler alert
Problem with 400 days is it introduces so many characters for such a brief amount of time I hardly remember much about the characters and what happened anyway. I mean it was a nice standalone thing, but I'm not really sure what the point was.
[close]

Okay. Just finished it.
Still have problems with the motivations in this one. It's an odd thing, because all the problems stem from interactivity involved in trying to tell a narrative through the medium of video games, especially in a plot where you're led to believe you have some degree of agency.

The choices I've been forced to in the last three episodes have all been incredibly contrived, where it's trying to create tension and guilt out of your decisions, when really, there's no other option. Like I've said before, for me, personally, I felt the first season all made sense for the character. Everything done and the decisions made had a degree of logic, and rang true to Lee. I feel a lot to do with that is that you had the framing device, with this super objective being "You need to protect Clem", and all the beats were really informed by the idea that you needed to protect Clem. Be that by bringing her with you into dangerous situations, or leaving her behind.

This one, Clem's just at the will of the other people, and to a degree, I guess it makes sense in that she's a young girl in a group of adults, but she's adult enough and been through enough, and is just rational, because *I* am dealing with these situations, invested but rational. I feel they can do it, but the actions they're trying to do just haven't been directed in the right way to get you out.

I mean, honestly, the stakes weren't high enough for me to even
Spoiler alert
want to be stealing those walkie-talkies
[close]
. Carver seemed tough, and overly violent, but if you just did the stuff, and gain his trust, things would survive. Whereas doing the opposite would kill a lot of people.

Anyway, still really enjoyed this one. The second episode's still my favourite of the season.

My Choices:

Spoiler alert

Didn't help Sarah with chores. (21.1% chose this)
Didn't tell Bonnie about Luke. (49.7% chose this)
Tried to admit to stealing walkie talkie (43.4% chose this)
Watched Kenny kill Carver (70.2% chose this.)
Chopped off Sarita's arm. (81.8% chose this)
[close]

Spoiler alert
Had to watch Kenny kill Carver. As Eddard Stark says in the first book, "If you would take a man's life, you owe it to him to look into his eyes and hear his final words. And if you cannot bear to do that, then perhaps the man does not deserve to die".
And I did really appreciate the fact that Carver does mention the fact that you can at least look him in the eye as they fucking savagely burst his fucking eye and skull with a crowbar in unflinching detail.
[close]

I really loved 400 Days, the whole short story aspect of it. What I think Telltale should do instead for the next season, is to just make five episodes, but take the idea of 400 days, and have each episode a self-contained episode of a different character in a different situation.

That way you can have a far larger degree of choice, and allow way more variables, and be able to utilise this choice based gameplay that they love. And also just concentrate on making something way tighter and cohesive.
People could die far more readily and all the decisions would matter so much more, it'd be just the ideal way to do these I reckon.

I really loved the 400 Days way of doing it, they should definitely consider my idea and also pay me lots of money.

Also,
Spoiler alert
Kumail didn't last long, did he?
[close]

EDIT:

Spoiler alert
Also Also, been a long while since I played 400 Days, but at the place, I met up with Wyatt, the stoner fella, and Vince, the murderer.
[close]

Thursday

Spoiler alert
I entirely blame stupid useless Sarah for getting Kumail killed, although I did think you'd get another chance to help out or one of you would notice she wasn't doing anything.

I'm not quite sure why I didn't watch Kenny kill carver, I just figured it would annoy him more, but Luke seemed really shocked when I said just shoot him. Thing is, I would have favoured that over Kenny beating him.
[close]

Quote from: Thursday on May 22, 2014, 04:06:17 PM
Spoiler alert
I entirely blame stupid useless Sarah for getting Kumail killed, although I did think you'd get another chance to help out or one of you would notice she wasn't doing anything.

I'm not quite sure why I didn't watch Kenny kill carver, I just figured it would annoy him more, but Luke seemed really shocked when I said just shoot him. Thing is, I would have favoured that over Kenny beating him.
[close]

I recommend you don't actually watch what happens on youTube or anything. Just make the horror of not seeing it more impactful, because it's left to your imagination.
Plus I just like the idea of sticking with your decisions with these Telltale things.

Spoiler alert
I did half think I was going to get the opportunity to shoot him myself by staying behind, and save him the torture that followed.
[close]

chand

Quote from: Thursday on May 22, 2014, 03:10:09 PM
Spoiler alert
Problem with 400 days is it introduces so many characters for such a brief amount of time I hardly remember much about the characters and what happened anyway. I mean it was a nice standalone thing, but I'm not really sure what the point was.
[close]
Spoiler alert
I only remembered my guy because he looked a bit like The Dude from The Big Lebowski, and I remember playing 400 Days and thinking "he looks a bit like The Dude from The Big Lebowski".

Regarding staying to watch Carver die, I did. I partly did it just out of solidarity with Kenny, and partly because I was hoping it would give me an opportunity to tell Kenny to just make it quick and painless. I think I thought that staying with Kenny would convince him to make it a less brutal death somehow. So I kind of feel weird that I chose to stay to try and talk him down a bit and it's essentially cast me as someone with a raging bloodlust who wanted to see a man brutally killed.
[close]

Thursday

Episode 4 of The Wolfamoungous Mongoose Amoung us has been out for a little while now. I've accepted this isn't really doing much in terms of choices and puzzles but at the very least the story is a little more interesting now it's headed towards a climax.
Spoiler alert
Although the end of the episode took me by surprise a little as I was expecting that last scene to play out and the outcome would be the climax rather than the start of the scene.

Choices
Spoiler alert

Didn't Send Colin to farm
Didn't attempt to remove ribbon
Went to Cut Above First
Didn't Send toad to Farm
Agreed to talk with The Crooked Man first
[close]
[close]

Is it worth going into this? I've had it installed for ages now, but I just can't be arsed hopping back in. I've just never connected with it for reasons that I have just repeatedly spoken about in this thread, and people really love it, so I'll stop pissing on everyone's bonfire, but if I didn't love the previous ones story and characters, will this one change my mind?

Thursday

Doubt it, but it seems like you might as well finish it eventually if you've paid for it.

Thursday

Finished the last episode of WOLF SIMULATOR, and it was probably the best one, it does recall a lot of choices you've made throughout the series, and if anything there were almost too many plot threads being tied up, one's I'd even forgotten about, although it also seems like a 2nd season is a possibility.

choices
Spoiler alert

Mercy killed Georgie
Brought Crooked Man back alive
Imprisoned him
Accepted TJ's gift (Along with 98.5% of people apparently. divisive choice!)
Said I hope I've done some good here (Not sure how this counts as a choice)
[close]

DJ Solid Snail

Heads up: The Walking Dead S2E4 drops for 360 on Wednesday, and for everything else tomorrow. I almost want to drag the thing out as long as possible to give myself a shorter wait for the next one, but I know I'll just storm it in a day, as usual. Well excited though.

Quote from: DJ Solid Snail on July 21, 2014, 12:04:38 PM
Heads up: The Walking Dead S2E4 drops for 360 on Wednesday, and for everything else tomorrow. I almost want to drag the thing out as long as possible to give myself a shorter wait for the next one, but I know I'll just storm it in a day, as usual. Well excited though.

I saw the trailer and
Spoiler alert
it seems like now that they've already killed off the main antagonist, these last two episodes are going to be about who we decide to stay with, playing with your emotions by making you choose between all these people you love.

Except I don't really love any of the characters, even Kenny, and I'll likely be selecting all the dialouge options making it clear I just want to leave them all...as they all act shocked and hurt for a line before they immediately go back to the OFFICIAL STORYLINE, ignoring any ability I have to express decision.
[close]

Take away this mandatory They Will Remember This and "Your decisions effect the story titlecard" and just let me play the game as it is. I'm totally happy with them just allowing me shape the interpretation of my relationships with the other characters. But stop trying to pretend like I have a big effect on the plot when I don't, because it pulls me out of the game so much more when I see the rubber band snap back as soon as I even mildly pull it.

That said, I am looking forward to this episode regardless. I have been really enjoying The Walking Dead. Not as much as the first season, perhaps. I'm not sure. All of these episodes feel much stronger than any of the ones last season. I just haven't really been positioned to like any characters so far.

Even
Spoiler alert
Christa inevitably coming back in an inopportune moment and throwing a spanner in the works won't matter for me, as my only real connection to her is that she's familiar, and they already played that card with Kenny.
[close]

Actually played this now and you know what? I really enjoyed it, and I feel like my prior expectations were side-stepped.
This may actually be one of my preferred episodes, as it's much simpler, and really just sets aside a bit of time to just see the interrelationships of everyone, and taking stock of everything so far, instead of all travelling somewhere new.

Also, this one feels like of all the Telltale episodes, it has the most different variables running through it. I don't replay these games, but I am going to look up to see if any plot elements do shift, as it definitely feels like there's some major decisions being made here, but it was much the same as all the variables in the 4th episode of the first series, because they only have one episode after this, so they do have more freedom with what they can do.

I've been seeing a lot of mixed reviews about this episode. I really liked it a lot, but then again, everyone raves about Wolf Among Us, and I really, really, really don't see anything special about that, so I may not be the best judge for the majority here, but I really liked it. Really great stuff.

I thought this one felt the most cohesive in terms of premise too. I really, really liked the Civil War motif throughout, and all the occasions you get to actually walk around freely, there's always options to check out bits and pieces of the production design without any comment.

For me, the episode was all how relying on others keeps you human, but humanity is fallible, it leaves you vulnerable and it'll be your self-destruction.
This is an inhuman situation and people aren't designed to psychologically function in this world and retain humanity. 

This episode is all set in graveyards of the civil war, graveyards that are reflections of 'brother' killing 'brother', hundreds and thousands dead in the most inhuman way possible, but amid that, you've got heroism and humanity, like the statue of the soldier carrying the wounded man.   

But they're just statues in a graveyard.

I liked the character work a lot in this one, and I definitely was in the minority for most of my decisions since I've become a cold bastard and I'm trying to sidestep their narrative twists and turns you fall into by doing the nice options.

Anyway, my decisions.

Spoiler alert

I left Sarah at the Trailer Park along with 45% of players but I feel that's going to become a much smaller ratio as more people start playing it. Don't think anyone's as cold as me. I did my best, but eh, couldn't be arsed. I do like how the developers actually force you to see the consequences of your actions, which is quite a bold choice, though I think it would have been even bolder and more horrific if they didn't show it at all. And you'd just have your imagination to play over and over again as you go along, make you feel guilty.

I don't feel guilty though, like I said, couldn't really care too much for that character. In a real life situation, going through what Clementine has been through, it seemed honest, both to my interpretation of Clem's character, and my own thought process in that situation if I had gone through everything she had.

40% of people, including myself robbed Arvo. He didn't have a sister. Pissweak lying, mate.
That said, he seemed quite nice about when I caught up with him at the end. I really liked his character design and voice actor. Will be interested to see if he survives my ending and we get to have more of a chat. Don't know though.

57.9% and I climbed through the ticket booth. It's the Walking Dead, I didn't think I actually had a choice with that one. That said, now that I know there may be, I'm not doing anything Bonnie says. I wouldn't have if I had the decision.

55% and I held the baby. This was a misclick. I didn't actually want to, but again, like the last one, and quite a few decisions this season, feels more like a non-decision that's just trying to pad out those final screens. Again, wouldn't have if it wasn't an accident. Think I belong in the minority for this episode, it seems.

Me and 42.7% shot Rebecca. BRAAAP BRAAAAP.
Saving the baby, obviously, but I don't have any feelings about the baby. I was just thinking something that surprising and cold blooded would actually make the Russians fucking lower their guns. What the fuck would you do if the person you were aiming your gun at raised their gun, and instead of shooting you with the opportunity, shot one of their own people.

I did love that sequence though. I liked the little conversation with Arvo, and the confused yelling of everyone with the language barrier. I always love films that do that. The tension of complete confusion is great.
[close]

I'm super interested to find out what people's decisions were for this one, unlike the good cop/bad cop non decisions of the Wolf ones.

EDIT:
Spoiler alert
Looks like Sarah dies at the end of the episode instead if you pluck her out of that caravan. Mike's got to be the red-shirt, unfortunately. Though I do like him quite a lot after this episode. I was caught off guard by the humour from him this episode. It's such a generally po faced game, that it's always really refreshing when some natural levity comes in.
[close]

DJ Solid Snail

Great thoughts there, Canada. This ep really made you ask some big questions about how you want to take Clem forward if she's going to survive, with Jane's solitary philosophy being really quite persuasive, especially with Kenny going off the deep end, Sarah being her consistently whiny useless self, Rebecca being a burden (can't blame her for that - but she has been shitty to you in the past), Bonnie having already betrayed you and Jane clearly just internally debating when to take her opportunity to bugger off.

My choices:

Spoiler alert
I saved Sarah, then instantly regretted it. I think it was the fact I'd be chucking away all that goodwill I'd been building up with her, expecting for some heroic pay-off...and then I thought back to Ben, from season one, and how I gave him a million chances to redeem himself, and he ended up dying anyway without having done a single useful thing for the group, and (so it seemed at the time) taking Kenny with him. Some people aren't cut out for the zombie apocalypse, and it's probably more of a mercy to let them die early.

I got a second chance at the end of the ep, though, of course, when they made it out to be a choice between her or Jane. It didn't actually appear on the choices screen at the end, so clearly it meant nothing. I take it she dies whatever happens then? God, what a useless character. I guess she was doomed from the start, having been so sheltered by her parents that she'd never adapt to the real world.

I robbed Arvo because, fuck it, we've got a pregnant lady and you're clearly just a creepy Russian druggy. I wanted Clem to kill him afterwards, to prevent backlash from his group, as clearly that's where it was going, but alas, it wasn't an option. I feel like my Clem, after the experience with Carver, would be a ton more willing to get her hands dirty at this point.

I did climb through the ticket booth. That was a story choice? What the fuck? Does Mike die if you don't or something?

And I held the baby because...why not? Cannot believe that was also a story choice. You don't get a lot of say in this one, do you?

I didn't shoot Rebecca because my reaction was: holy shit, what...no, she can't be a zombie, people don't just spontaneously die...  Luckily Kenny took her out but I still maintain that's pretty bloody ridiculous. I didn't see it coming at all and couldn't really believe it when it was happening.

At the very end, I think I egged on the fight out of my own guilt. I was desperate not to be singularly blamed for these guys taking all our drugs/food/weapons because I'd done something the others in the group would most likely morally object to, and through the conversations with Jane realised I might be better off with just one or two people so thinning out the group wouldn't be the worst idea in the world.

Earlier in the ep I asked Jane to go with her, as it seemed to be going down the route of that being a genuine option, but it seems like it probably always ends with that Mexican stand-off. Am I right in assuming that zombie Rebecca always gets shot, and the ep always ends in manic gunfire, I wonder? That Russian with the tats looks hard as nails so I'm hoping he doesn't live through it, otherwise Clem's not going to end up in the greatest situation...
[close]

Got more thoughts on this but that'll do for now.

Spoiler alert
After looking it up, Sarah dies no matter what. The context and meaning is the only thing that shifts, which has always been the case for the Walking Dead. Lily's racist dad in the first season always dies in the meat locker, the PLOT remains the same but the STORY and meaning is what shifts with the decision system. if you try and save him and resuscitate Larry, you're doing your best to save him and take Lily's side, which will upset Kenny, and vice versa, and those relationships between those characters and the interpretations of Lee shift dramatically.

My Clem just straight up leaving Sarah to die in a caravan, and in that case, you're actually forced to watch as she gets violently eaten, screaming and utterly terrified and completely out of her element. That is a straight up cold as fuck thing to do but makes sense in terms of survival.  But it clearly effects Jane as she reveals that she did exactly the same thing for her own sister. And when she robs Arvo for the good of the group, Jane again realises the inherent shittiness of being part of a group. And so when she decides to leave, it's totally understandable.

But the context of Clem, Jane and Sarah all changes when you do save her. But then she dies anyway, or you choose Jane over Sarah, or you choose Sarah and you still can't save her. It's all pretty nihilistic but still.

I also asked if I could go with Jane.
Never thought I'd be able to obviously but still. I really loved Jane. I thought she was one of the more interesting characters in a while, purely because she's entirely reasonable and honest.

It's actually a bit crazy to think the next episode's the last one of the season. Felt like it only just got started. But that's likely just because they sort of set up the Carver storyline as the big one for this season and he just sort of bowed out halfway through,  which was a really odd choice but I prefer this new slightly aimless direction to be honest. And I'm SUPER intrigued by these Russian survivors. What are they all doing here in Atlanta?
Imagine being in a post apocalypse situation where you couldn't even speak the language if you did meet survivors. They did play around with that idea in the 400 Days one, briefly, when you had the spanish speaking hostage and had to decide whether to execute him or not, but that was so brief.

What could be interesting was if Arvo died and so did our survivors,  and Clem and one of the Russians had to work together without aid of dialogue. It'd be a unique wrench in the gameplay in such a dialogue driven game.

Speculation time.
I assume things are going to go very badly next episode. That town is going to offer nothing but death I'm sure. Kenny surely couldn't survive yet again could he?
Clem will survive I think. It could be interesting to continue her story with another much bigger time jump though. Closer to 18 would be interesting, though I don't know the "canon" of the Walking Dead series, if they're allowed to show that far ahead in the timeline. I still think it'd be much more bold if that her life was a variable in the final episode, she can survive or die, and for the next season, they can focus on new people.

I still want them to do my idea, which is a season more like 400 Days, but each episode is a self contained story focusing on a different character, and that way, they can actually have way more variables, since it doesn't need to continue over another 4 episodes.

Christa may come back, but if she does, it'd be with bandits/enemies, and maybe Christa would choose her group over Clem at that point. Or maybe our group would become the bastard bandits, working with the Russians which leads to tragedy with Christa. Whatever it is, it just wouldn't be the happy reunion we had with Kenny. It's the final episode and it's going to go very wrong.

I don't know. Mike's definitely not making it through this next episode though.
[close]

Oh!
Spoiler alert
Also, the conclusion to chopping of Sarita's arm was great. All feelings of clever and deft noble herorism and making the tough decisions are thrown right in your face by the reality of cutting off a fucking persons arm in a group of zombies.

Nice one, IDIOT.
[close]

Thursday

Yeah that was pretty damn great

Choices
Spoiler alert

Left Sarah at the trailer park, because I figured if the imminent threat of being eaten by zombies isn't going to snap her out of it nothing will, and trying to help her would just put Jane and Luke at risk. I was also thinking of Ben who consistently fucked things up despite all my efforts to give him a chance against my better judgement. Currently 52.3% are with me.

With Arvo, I didn't actually make a choice which counts as refusing to steal. I just couldn't decide though it just seemed like it would come back to haunt me regardless of what I picked.
47.4% Also refused

Crawled through the booth. - Well obviously there was the alternative of kicking the door down, but this seemed more sensible
50% Exactly at the moment.

Of course I held the fucking baby how did only 56.7% of people do this?

Didn't shoot Rebecca, I was in such shock. And I also thought for some reason that nobody would believe me.
57.3%
[close]

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

See, the solitary philosophy is all right for pure survival, but not living. I'd rather live for a short while and have a few brief moments with people I sort of get on with, than eke out a solitary existence, just getting by from day to day.

Spoiler alert
For example, I held the baby, not because I wanted to - or felt Clem wanted to - but because my Clem wanted to make Rebecca feel good for an instant.  For the briefest moment - and despite being fully aware of the fact that chances were slim for both mother and newborn - I was able to let Rebecca feel some small aspect of normalcy.
[close]

Thursday

Just finished episode 5...

Choices
Spoiler alert

Protected the Baby
Went to Help Luke
Didn't ask to leave with Mike
Shot Kenny
Invited the family in
[close]

Spoiler alert

Don't really know what to say, but it was a really strong finish. There's a 3rd season planned, so I can't imagine they'll be going back to Clementine since there's some very different endings.

I have to say though I still find it odd that a rather throwaway element of the story this season is that there was a 16 month gap where Clementine travelled seemingly alone with Christa, which was apparently very uneventful and must have gone fine for the most part. You'd think Clem would miss her a little more.
[close]

Spoiler alert
Went for Cover.
Fuck that baby. I don't give a shit about your emotional manipulation. Babies are for chumps.
Covered Luke.
The ice couldn't hold and he was about to get out, and Bonnie, the most underdeveloped non character who constantly makes illogical decisions goes and kills him by walking over to him and cracking the ice. And she has the cheek to blame me for his death after I singlehandedly save her from the certain death of being trapped beneath unbreaking ice. Worst most tedious character. No emotional resonance of that blame accusation.
Didn't ask to leave with Mike.
Shot Kenny
Told family to get to fuck.

Thought it would be a more poignant arc if she is left changed by this season. Plus the characterisation of these utterly illogical people this season left me tired of others if they were ever going to continue this character. Which they surely won't due to the huge digressions of the ending.
[close]

Regardless, I really enjoyed the season.

It seems I was in the vast minority for that last decision. And
Spoiler alert
I was very interested to see the skew towards killing Jane over Kenny. I liked Jane very much. But I think it was very clever bringing Kenny back, because the sheer surprise and familiarity with him leads you to really feel so much warmth for him, even if he was a dick most of the first season and hasn't particuarly changed this time.

Still. No brainer. Jane was the only consistent and developed character in it, and wasn't plagued by contrived plot relevant decision making.
[close]

Also finished Wolfybaby the other day and really didn't like it whatsoever. I just don't get the high praise but I've said my piece multiple times. Doesn't matter!

Thursday

Spoiler alert
Actually on that first choice, I did ignore the baby first time, Luke get's shot in the leg going for it, so I was interested to see what the alternative was and he get's shot in the leg when you're covering him anyway.

Anyway, as much of a dick Kenny was, and beating the shit out of him was a bit much, I don't know why everyone was so fucking protective over Arvo. I usually stayed silent when Kenny was laying into him.

Bonnie's defining character trait seems to be that she's a well-meaning person that makes all the wrong decisions, but Mike's turn felt a bit underdeveloped.

On that last decision, I sort of found myself getting bored of Kenny more than anything else. And he's also someone who consistently has terrible ideas about the best thing to do. It's pretty fucked up what Jane did, but she's far more rational and Clem is probably safest with her.

Honestly, I think it would have been braver if you'd had the choice to actually abandon the baby. Would have been interested to see the split in that choice.

I played on PS3, but at the moment it says 69.7% shot Kenny and 36.8% are with Jane and the family whereas this wiki page currently says 48.2% shot Kenny and only 14.6% Are with Jane and the family.
[close]