Author Topic: The wankest film idea ever conceived? Danny Boyle's Ed Sheeran Beatles thing  (Read 21077 times)

gilbertharding

• Not even the rudest man in the Beatles
Yellow Submarine Sandwich

*Neil Innes (or possibly Eric Idle or one of the other ones) puts his hand up*

Happiness is a Warm Bun
I'll Follow the Bun
Here Comes the Bun
I Wanna Be Your Naan
Ask Me Rye
Mean Ham'n Mustard
Pain (the B Side of Paperback Writer).
Lunchbox (originally by Carl Perkins)

Dex Sawash

• Silver Member
  • Upphängningspunkterna

My Sarnie

thecuriousorange

• WELCOME THRILLHOU
PROBABLE SPOILER

Is it true that the character meets an aged John Lennon played by Robert Carlyle?

If so:

Cold Turkey Sandwich
Imagine Loads of Sandwiches
"I'd say we're bigger then cheeses. Especially the ones in toasties."

Shit Good Nose

• Several bags of balls
PROBABLE SPOILER

Is it true that the character meets an aged John Lennon played by Robert Carlyle?

If so:

Cold Turkey Sandwich
Imagine Loads of Sandwiches
"I'd say we're bigger then cheeses. Especially the ones in toasties."

Yes.  Uncredited cameo.

Also, Oasis (as in the band) has been wiped from history as well (among other things, like Coca Cola), but none of that gets too much of a look-in.

Re: The wankest film idea ever conceived? Danny Boyle's Ed Sheeran Beatles thing
« Reply #424 on: September 13, 2019, 09:01:30 AM »
So this is now "available"... if anyone cares...

Catalogue Trousers

• With tremendous protein value
Re: The wankest film idea ever conceived? Danny Boyle's Ed Sheeran Beatles thing
« Reply #425 on: September 15, 2019, 03:54:33 PM »
Nope. When I read that the pay-off was, '...and nobody remembers Harry Potter, either!', I considered getting out the old service revolver and whisky decanter and retiring to the conservatory.

famethrowa

• mere rhetorical frippery
Finally saw it for free. It's awful. Curtis is obviously too old to write coherently any more, it was like a beginner's attempt to do the Curtis "group of friends" thing. The lead guy sucks, hes just such a mournful confused sad sack all the way, and joy or fun (the horrible horribo recording studio wank) is so contrived and childish it doesn't stick. So we get to hear the Beatles great songs, but played and sung in a shitty amateur way, but we get to hear Ed Shitrens shit in full professional fidelity? Anyway, more importantly, it's just so goddamn slow, the pacing is awful. Who cares about relationship drivel? You know my name, look up the number. Plus the film hangs on the idea that Ed Shiteeran is the greatest songwriter of the age, and he knows it, and he can only be bested by the Fabs finest. That's the least believable part.

Finally saw it for free. It's awful. Curtis is obviously too old to write coherently any more, it was like a beginner's attempt to do the Curtis "group of friends" thing. The lead guy sucks, hes just such a mournful confused sad sack all the way, and joy or fun (the horrible horribo recording studio wank) is so contrived and childish it doesn't stick. So we get to hear the Beatles great songs, but played and sung in a shitty amateur way, but we get to hear Ed Shitrens shit in full professional fidelity? Anyway, more importantly, it's just so goddamn slow, the pacing is awful. Who cares about relationship drivel? You know my name, look up the number. Plus the film hangs on the idea that Ed Shiteeran is the greatest songwriter of the age, and he knows it, and he can only be bested by the Fabs finest. That's the least believable part.

The recording studio tweefest was where I checked out of watching the dodgy cam version I found when it was out in the cinema. Then I fastforwarded to the John Lennon bit and then I laughed and then, weirdly, I got goosebumps when he sang "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" to a class of schoolkids.

I'm looking forward to seeing multiple copies of this DS clogging up charity shops in January. I'm going to buy them all and then burn them in a massive bin and post the resulting plastic mess to Richard Curtis.

TheMonk

• Hello folks
 Coldplay exist but Oasis don’t? Pepsi exists but Coke doesn’t? Absolute wall to wall bollocks.

Cuellar

• She was having sly love with a midnight creeper
Would be an interesting idea if he actually thought it through. The entirety of popular culture would probably be completely different. But to just delete the keystone in the arch and then act as if everything is the same is just feeble.

Replies From View

• Rubbing linseed oil into the school cormorant.
  • Golden Member
  • Gargoyles have milk bags.
Coldplay exist but Oasis don’t? Pepsi exists but Coke doesn’t? Absolute wall to wall bollocks.

They could have at least made it so that Tab Clear was the main drink in America or something hilarious.