Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:20:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket 2019

Started by iamcoop, May 14, 2019, 08:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sehwag averaged nearly 50 in tests, I think.

Cuellar

Anywhere you can watch the whole match, torrents etc?

imitationleather

Quote from: Cuellar on July 11, 2019, 08:32:30 PM

You could support grassroots cricket by getting a Sky Sports subscription?

sevendaughters

it's on Channel 4 because ENG are in the final

sevendaughters

Quote from: Quote on July 11, 2019, 08:28:59 PM

he went megashit toward the end, like watching your dad run over your Christmas toys

Quote from: imitationleather on July 11, 2019, 08:33:17 PM

Big laugh.

Cuellar

Quote from: imitationleather on July 11, 2019, 08:33:17 PM

RAM IT UP YOUR ARSE MATE

But I meant the semi-final, should have said 're-watch' really.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Quote on July 11, 2019, 08:28:59 PM

Yeah the definition of a flat track bully, about 4000 of his test runs were in about 3 innings versus Sri Lanka on a road. He was a high quality test batsman but should be nowhere near anyone's top 11 even of contemporaries. Some of his 'efforts' in challenging conditions were pathetic and barely even trying.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Been fantastic. Honestly the best day in English cricket since Broad went fuck ton on Australia.

Even Wood, Plunkett and Stokes who had the quietest games chipped in. But this was all about the guys up front doing a blindingly good job.

It'll be a fun final against NZ who have Lockie back, and a Guptill who still may have a final say with the bat.

iamcoop

Quote from: Cuellar on July 11, 2019, 08:32:30 PM

Honestly, use the listen again function on the radio iPlayer. Why listen to that fucking cunt Michael Clarke when you can have the wonderfully measured tones of Jim Maxwell?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Aren't they going home now anyway.

The quirky tones of Bryan Waddle, Jeremy Coney and NZ's own John Virgo, Ian Smith to enjoy

Cuellar

Quote from: iamcoop on July 11, 2019, 10:05:56 PM
Honestly, use the listen again function on the radio iPlayer. Why listen to that fucking cunt Michael Clarke when you can have the wonderfully measured tones of Jim Maxwell?

I want to see it. I want to watch it. On mute if needs be.

sevendaughters

Boult on that Lords slope will be a handful. Really tough game in prospect but I don't fancy their batsmen outside of You Just Got Kaned!

PowerButchi

Quote from: sevendaughters on July 11, 2019, 07:58:13 PM
There is always the argument, which occasionally does stick but often makes England look like prats, that certain players of X Factor will rise to the challenge when hitting the test team.

I'm a great believer in that, to be honest. Duncan Fletcher's greatest skill was finding people who were a bit above above average county players, but had the intangibles for Test Cricket. Tresco and Vaughan being the two greatest examples for me, Aggers.

poo

Most pissed I've been on a Thursday for some time. What a day.

poo

Aussies crucified. Humiliated. It's the dream. Wallow it. Savour it. Slow down, drink it in. I want big time wallowing and savouring and drinking in today please. Really focussing on the depression, despair and embarrassment the Aussies must be feeling - absorbing it - revelling in it. Maybe even take a bath in it.

sevendaughters

not boarding the English hubris train this time

poo

No, today is all about celebrating the misery of Australia, not the success of England.

sevendaughters

the two are interrelated, it is a dance as old as time

I don't even mind if we lose the final. Kiwis would deserve it too. I just wanted to see India get panned and they did, by us and by the good old Kiwis. Oz getting the full treatment was genuinely a bonus. An extraordinary bonus that I can barely even enjoy because I feel it was too easy. Fully grown men against cheating boys. Drubbed. Final gonna be whatever its gonna be but we showed the whole Earth how to play cricket (except Pakistan and Sri Lanka who already know). Koach choaked. Warner was blowing bubbles of snot in the dressing room. Smudger got taken to school about what ODI batting really is. Finch seems like a damn good bloke and Carey is probably the future of the Aussie middle order. Massive respect for how he played, and even more so with that injury which seemed horrific. Great competition after a few early washouts. Hope the terrestrial audience at least flicks it on.

sevendaughters

lol I have experienced the feeling that occurs when you pan Australia so hard that it feels wrong ie. the 2010/11 Ashes (arguably the greatest and most comprehensive mullering of all by an England side) and you think 'oh well of course we won, they're SHIT'. but it isn't true and you should enjoy it.

Amen. I certainly gave it my best yesterday. Day off work, few tinnies, one metre from the screen, even managed to get a bit of a tan through the skylight! And yeah, that Ashes was similar, you want them to be at their best and to be fair, they probably weren't far off their usual standard yesterday, we just battered them.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: sevendaughters on July 11, 2019, 10:31:40 PM
Boult on that Lords slope will be a handful. Really tough game in prospect but I don't fancy their batsmen outside of You Just Got Kaned!

Looks like we have a blueprint for the final. Put NZ into bat, make Guptill face Woakes and Archer early, see if we can sneak KW out., restrict them to sub 280.

Starc's threat was nullified so early as there was no run rate pressure for him to exploit. It's fun lobbing down yorkers and bouncers to tailenders who need to score 10 an over. Not so much when you are holding up a team singlehandedly and the other side are happy seeing out maidens against you if necessary.

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say weren't going to battery these into the 17th century. They'll be eating plague rats for dinner and shittin in a bucket.

poo

I'm playing on Sunday but rather fancy an all-dayer in the pub watching the final.

Can't get Guangdong La Mer to throw a few pies in your stead?

iamcoop

Quote from: sevendaughters on July 12, 2019, 10:48:13 AM
lol I have experienced the feeling that occurs when you pan Australia so hard that it feels wrong ie. the 2010/11 Ashes (arguably the greatest and most comprehensive mullering of all by an England side) and you think 'oh well of course we won, they're SHIT'. but it isn't true and you should enjoy it.

2010/2011 in Australia was immense. I have such vivid memories of that series, lying in bed listening to TMS thinking we'd fucked it at Brisbane until Cookie decided to build a two-bed semi-detached at the wicket for the next 4 weeks

Thursday

Quote from: sevendaughters on July 12, 2019, 10:48:13 AM

It's great when you remember this happened, also

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/11371/scorecard/743969/england-vs-australia-4th-investec-test-australia-tour-of-england-and-ireland-2015

imitationleather

Anyone just watch the ECB doofus on Channel 4 News banging on and on about how great Sky are? If I wanted to get boned by Rupert Murdoch I'd dress up as Jerry Hall thanks, mate.