Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:39:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I STILL FUCKING LOVE CATS

Started by Cerys, May 25, 2019, 12:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mothman

It's natural that you're feeling this, it's still very fresh and raw. We have lost five cats over the years and each took a while to get over and we still miss them sometimes, some more than others (which sounds harsh but it's more how long we had them and what they each meant to us).HZJ, the prevailing wisdom would be not to replace him straightaway, but then who's to say what's right or wrong in any given iteration of this kind of situation?

I feel like I'm very much in denial about what the future holds for Tomsk. The op could go wrong; there could be complications or as yet undiscovered issues with long term consequences. I don't think stressing myself out now about them will help nor will it protect me for the anguish should anything adverse happen. At the end of the day it's how my daughter is affected that's most important.

Plus I may in a moment of distress told her she could have a dog instead. And she will remember I did. FML...

Head Gardener

mothman

Cat update: operation went well. And uncharged (just as well, the receptionist didn't know about the arrangement and tried to charge us £2500). He's home, he's perky, alert and affectionate. Not actively complaining about being in a cage yet but it's coming...

Dex Sawash

Bastard  cats got the top floor room I wanted

Kankurette

I'm scratching my leg and fucking Gary decides he wants to help, except he goes for my hand instead. Dick.

Buelligan

I've been slightly preoccupied recently, still am.  I look after (feed) wild cats.  Recently a really vile old cunt has been harassing me over them, threatening me and putting up cages to trap them.  So you can imagine, it's been rather stressy (and still is). 

As part of my many-pronged strategy to stymie this bastard's intiative, I've taken in a young feral cat, I don't fucking know why, it's because I literally do not know what is good for me.  Anyway, tonight he only went and used the litter tray.  You have no idea how happy this has made me.  Feel like I just won the fucking lottery.  Now I just have to find a way to stop him pouncing on my feet and biting them when I'm asleep.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Buelligan on September 20, 2021, 09:48:16 PM
Now I just have to find a way to stop him pouncing on my feet and biting them when I'm asleep.

Buelligan

Heheh.  Don't ever say that to me again.    ARrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

WhoMe

We had people over for a BBQ yesterday and hadn't seen Amber since last night, she had come in at some point and accidentally got cornered by someone which panicked her and caused her to scramble away. Was starting to design the lost posters in my mind this evening when she clambered through the catflap like 'dinner time, is it?'. My partner has been having a tough time and this prob would've sent her over the edge, so glad the little twit has turned up.

Fishfinger

itsfredtitmus

Came so close to picking up this cat that always follows me and meows that's clearly a stray because it has no collar and hasn't been spayed and making it mine

itsfredtitmus

Tomorrow I will make that cat MINE

bgmnts

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on September 27, 2021, 08:00:36 PM
Came so close to picking up this cat that always follows me and meows that's clearly a stray because it has no collar and hasn't been spayed and making it mine

To be fair my previous cat was unspayed and didn't wear a collar so could well be someone's cat, but fuck it take it anyway.

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: bgmnts on September 27, 2021, 08:21:32 PM
To be fair my previous cat was unspayed and didn't wear a collar so could well be someone's cat, but fuck it take it anyway.
Gonna snatch it tomorrow if she's still there.

Brian Freeze

Quote from: Brian Freeze on March 17, 2021, 12:54:08 AM
Our old duffer is on his way out sooner than we had hoped.
Nearly eighteen he is, kidney disease which had been under control seemingly isn't anymore and it's just a matter of time now and when we decide he's had enough. Fuck me, he's me best mate. I've got to keep a brave face on it at home so have just had a blub now while typing this in the brew room. Bugger.

Well, we didn't think he'd last this long but he's off in half an hour for his last trip.

Top cat he is, although last night we did find the source of the funny smell thats been around for the last three days. For some reason he'd decided to try and fill the kids lego box with piss. Still love him though. He's going to leave a big hole in the house.

Bence Fekete

Do people really clean their cat's teeth?

And, tangentially, should/would I have to pay the £400 est to get mine the full works? (8 yrs, no issues thus)

I can't find a definitive answer. Cat people I know say nay but official stuff suggests I'm cunt dad for even considering skipping this basic catmanitarian courtesy. Mostly ok with paying (when I can), but if this is some kind of ultra precious vet grift or in the real world cats should die naturally with 'orrible mangy teeth from all the buckets of acidic rodent blood shed in your honour then.. well yeah, I'm also ok with not paying and doing my bit for the local bird fam.

Or.. will it just get worse the longer I leave it? He only gets dry stuff but I can see some level of tartar forming. No luck or hope cleaning them myself, he's a 'you do not get access to my teeth you evil grabby bastard' kinda guy

Brian Freeze

This is just our experience with cats fed on dry food as best as I can remember but the vet has knocked them out every couple of years or so once they get to around ten years old and given them a quick scrape to get rid of tartar. Usually done at booster time when they get a once over.

They certainly haven't charged 400 notes for it because I'd have remembered that.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I've been doing a few more weekends looking after the best cat there is.

I have finally won back her favour. It's pathetic really, but I was overjoyed when she chose to sit on my lap.

bgmnts

My boy Prince is still gorgeous and cute af but it's fair to say he's out on some timber.

Saying no to his kitten face is nigh on impossible though. Dunno what to do.

imitationleather

Just popping round my head round the door to say that, behind getting the missus, buying the cats was the best thing I've done in my life. Even though they're really terrible beings.

They were £50 each. I have definitely got £50-worth of enjoyment out of them.

Bence Fekete

Quote from: Brian Freeze on November 20, 2021, 06:22:45 AMThis is just our experience with cats fed on dry food as best as I can remember but the vet has knocked them out every couple of years or so once they get to around ten years old and given them a quick scrape to get rid of tartar. Usually done at booster time when they get a once over.

They certainly haven't charged 400 notes for it because I'd have remembered that.

Cheers. Scammy price sounds scammy. I've yet to have a positive vet experience with 3 different practices so think I'll be better off doing some cheap courses on Udemy instead

NoOffenceLynn

Quote from: Brian Freeze on October 01, 2021, 09:24:29 AMWell, we didn't think he'd last this long but he's off in half an hour for his last trip.

Top cat he is, although last night we did find the source of the funny smell thats been around for the last three days. For some reason he'd decided to try and fill the kids lego box with piss. Still love him though. He's going to leave a big hole in the house.

Sorry to hear about your puss, Brain Freeze. 

mothman

My cat, Daphne, has been standoffish for a while but these past few days has taken to sleeping on my lap. It's a wonderful feeling.

The Mollusk

Finally decided to get our two insured recently. Always wondered if it was a bit of a rip off but we've got a quote with a decent bit of coverage and it seems to include dental as well, since I've heard similar nasty price stories like the one mentioned above. £20 a month per cat is fine by me for the peace of mind.

This week Raymond got in a scrap and was limping about so we took him in, and he had a tooth or claw puncture wound on his front leg. The appointment plus the antibiotics and painkillers came to £115, and our insurance excess is £15 so HELL YEAH £15 REFUND, straight down the chippy.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: mothman on November 22, 2021, 07:31:15 PMMy cat, Daphne, has been standoffish for a while but these past few days has taken to sleeping on my lap. It's a wonderful feeling.
It really is, isn't it?

I almost cried with happiness this weekend, when the cat decided to sit on my lap, instead of her usual spot on the back of the sofa. We were inseparable when she used to live with us, but she'd been giving me the cold shoulder since she (and her owner) moved out, which was quite upsetting.

After a while I got pins and needles and also quite hungry. I put up with it though, because I didn't want to move and turf her off my lap.

Famous Mortimer

I went to do my first shift volunteering at my local place, Tenth Life Cat Rescue, on Saturday (they're getting ready to re-open). It was mostly carrying a huge amount of litter and food off a truck and into a basement, but then we got an hour to play with the cats afterwards.

This little fucker, Reece, hopped straight on my lap for some fuss, then decided to try and bite my hand a lot. Eventually, we came to an understanding, but I get the feeling he likes biting people more than he respects my opinion of his behaviour.

Afterwards, two much friendlier cats came for a nap on me, so that was nice.

Malcy

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on November 22, 2021, 08:40:46 PMTenth Life Cat Rescue

Great name and good on you for doing your bit. The best I do is donating all the food mine won't eat which is 50% of a box at the moment.

Salem is recovering from his latest attack from CUNT CAT. He couldn't even walk for a few days. I knew he was getting better when he brought me a birthday mouse yesterday and I gave him a bollocking for it. That's a record this year though. About 15 mice in 3 weeks and that's with a week long break when he was too frightened to go outside for fear of being ripped apart.

mothman

Reece has picked you, Morty. You're his now. Sorry, can't help it, those are the rules.

Midas

Pink Gregory

Quote from: The Mollusk on November 22, 2021, 08:13:55 PMFinally decided to get our two insured recently. Always wondered if it was a bit of a rip off but we've got a quote with a decent bit of coverage and it seems to include dental as well, since I've heard similar nasty price stories like the one mentioned above. £20 a month per cat is fine by me for the peace of mind.

This week Raymond got in a scrap and was limping about so we took him in, and he had a tooth or claw puncture wound on his front leg. The appointment plus the antibiotics and painkillers came to £115, and our insurance excess is £15 so HELL YEAH £15 REFUND, straight down the chippy.

You won't regret it, especially when they get older.  It only takes one thing to drain a couple of grand overnight.