Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:44:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2019 Quarter Final Absorb the anus burn v zomgmouse

Started by Absorb the anus burn, July 18, 2019, 07:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

selectivememory

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 26, 2019, 08:56:37 AM
I can't remember this ever happening before. Perhaps I've got inured to internet filth but I'm not sure I can see why the shot was unembedded. wasp_f15ting's shots from last year (and previous years) are surely less safe, aren't they?

Quote from: Absorb the anus burn on July 26, 2019, 12:11:01 PM
Wimblewrong has always been NSFW.... That was a corker!

My assumption is that it's less to do with its NSFWness, and more to do with who is in the image and what is being done to them.

zomgmouse

Quote from: Absorb the anus burn on July 26, 2019, 12:11:01 PM
Well done zomgmouse. Great shot to finish the match with.

Thanks! I have to say, both of your shots I thought I was done for...

Cuellar

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: selectivememory on July 26, 2019, 02:30:20 PM
My assumption is that it's less to do with its NSFWness, and more to do with who is in the image and what is being done to them.

I'm probably being dense here, but are you able to elaborate?

Absorb the anus burn

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 26, 2019, 08:03:37 PM
I'm probably being dense here, but are you able to elaborate?

1. Seaside grab machine castration of a serving US President.
2. New Leader of The Commons being dipped into a vat of semen.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Absorb the anus burn on July 26, 2019, 08:23:48 PM
1. Seaside grab machine castration of a serving US President.
2. New Leader of The Commons being dipped into a vat of semen.

Circumcision not castration (not that that makes any difference, admittedly, except for the 'Pointless' joke to work), but it's for the purposes of satire/absurdism, isn't it? I dunno, have I lost my compass here? Are they likely to sue?

selectivememory

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 26, 2019, 09:29:37 PM
it's for the purposes of satire/humour, isn't it? I dunno, have I lost my compass here? Are they likely to sue?

I wouldn't have thought so but I don't really know. I doubt it would get seen by many people outside of those with a specific interest in Wimblewrong. But I guess if someone wanted to cause trouble for the website, that image would be very easy to take out of context (admittedly that could probably be said about a lot of posts in General Bullshit).

But yeah, otherwise I don't really see why that image and not some of waspy's efforts needed to be removed.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: selectivememory on July 26, 2019, 09:45:11 PM
I guess if someone wanted to cause trouble for the website, that image would be very easy to take out of context

Yeah, I guess that's it. I suppose there's every chance that google image search would throw that image up entirely out of context. Thanks for the explanation.