Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:45:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The future of the Labour Party: Where does it go from here?

Started by Nowhere Man, December 13, 2019, 06:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Buelligan on February 03, 2020, 05:42:29 AM
Absolutely, it means all the struggle and loss is for nothing, worse than that, we didn't even learn anything.  thugler speaks of delusion, I can't imagine anything much more delusional than trusting Starmer.  Nandy's the same, of course.  Two people that should be working hard as good constituency MPs, voting with the whip and leaving it at that.

You dismiss these candidates because they dont fit your outdated corbynista view of the world.  Sad really but nothing new.  I was talking to Harold Wilson's son last week and apparently the looney left at the time didn't like his dad either.  Seems like the hard left wing of labour hate anyone who's wiling to compromise in order to gain power. As soon as the party is rid of the likes of your narrow mindedness the better IMO. 

Johnny Yesno

chveik

I wouldn't call Johnny a centrist but agree that he is a dunce.

bgmnts

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on February 16, 2020, 12:04:49 AM
You dismiss these candidates because they dont fit your outdated corbynista view of the world.  Sad really but nothing new.  I was talking to Harold Wilson's son last week and apparently the looney left at the time didn't like his dad either.  Seems like the hard left wing of labour hate anyone who's wiling to compromise in order to gain power. As soon as the party is rid of the likes of your narrow mindedness the better IMO.

Hehe

Kelvin

Replies From View

Replies From View

Centrists wring their hands over the moderate left "gaining power" as if left-wing politicians aren't talking about shifting power more into the hands of ordinary people.

Of all the things to criticise Corbyn over, the furthest from the mark was always the caricature of him as some kind of hunched over, power-hungry maniac (how surprising that our resident delusional sex-pest dunce would fall for it).  It's the right-wingers within Labour that this applies to, not those who want to reduce the influence of the rich and powerful on the policy and actions of government.

idunnosomename

i know there's a new thread but just close the "future of the labour party"

https://mobile.twitter.com/Andrew_Adonis/status/1229049014223560711

genuinely thought that was a parody account at first