Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:56:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Badasses & Their Soft Spots

Started by Sin Agog, February 14, 2020, 01:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin Agog

I remember the ex-con film critic Outlaw Vern used to have this theory that most of the best action heroes and heroines will have at least one seemingly unlikely sentimental/vulnerable thing about their character:- Chow Yun Fat and his saxamophone in Hard-Boiled, John Wick and that ugly canine, Lone Wolf and his Cub Daigaro; you could even argue that John McClaine's nude tootsies makes him qualify.

Sebastian Cobb

bgmnts

Charlton Heston and his right to bear arms.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Mister Six

Indiana Jones and his snakes (and occasional pratfalls).

McClane, I suppose you could point to his wife. All he wants to do is fix his marriage, the poor bastard!

But yeah, this is why I find a lot of Vin Diesel vehicles tedious - it's all about being ultra-cool all the time. No humanity, no joy. A teenage boy's idea of what a hero should be.

bgmnts

Thomas

Clint Eastwood's Spaghetti Western character rides horses.

petercussing

Quote from: bgmnts on February 14, 2020, 09:07:56 PM
Surely John McClane and his feet?

And a wife and some planes full of men and women* her doesn't want to get crashed right into the ground

*though he is ambivalent about any animals in the hold

jobotic

Anton Chigurh and his special little coin.

chveik

Sin Agog

Butch the Boxer and his Arse-Watch.

Sebastian Cobb

Doomy Dwyer

lipsink

Probably not a hero but definitely a badass: The Joker in The Dark Knight hates being called "crazy" or "a freak" and makes him lose his cool. Though this is probably a different thing where a villain has one thing that always sets him/her off.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: lipsink on February 15, 2020, 02:19:38 PM
Probably not a hero but definitely a badass: The Joker in The Dark Knight hates being called "crazy" or "a freak" and makes him lose his cool. Though this is probably a different thing where a villain has one thing that always sets him/her off.

Nobody calls me yella.

bgmnts

Quote from: lipsink on February 15, 2020, 02:19:38 PM

Its called a trigger nowadays.

Dr Syntax Head

Marty McFly hates being called chicken doesn't he

Gulftastic

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on February 16, 2020, 12:41:13 AM
Marty McFly hates being called chicken doesn't he
Only in two or three when it was needed to make you believe Marty would do something monumentally stupid.