Author Topic: CaB Fashion Thread  (Read 14743 times)

Dex Sawash

• Silver Member
  • Upph√§ngningspunkterna
Re: CaB Fashion Thread
« Reply #270 on: September 09, 2021, 11:53:51 AM »

Bought a pair of black pleather jeans yesterday, I like them a lot but phone won't fit in front pocket, wallet barely fits in back so going back to store today. Not going to carry some sort of tote for my stuff.
Look great with my DMs though.

Buelligan

• STOP being afraid
« Reply #271 on: September 09, 2021, 01:23:21 PM »
Couldn't you stretch to a fanny pack?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

• Your sleep paralysis demon
« Reply #272 on: September 09, 2021, 02:22:34 PM »
Or a fanny magnet. The phone will stick to it.

« Reply #273 on: September 09, 2021, 05:55:10 PM »
ACTUALLY i've made a big fool of myself and got sent a dodgy website which is very disappointing :((

lol at me

Ah I'm sorry, that's proper shite (and I'm sorry for quoting you, I can ask for it to be removed if it's a bother).

OT but if it makes you feel better, I got a text during the winter lockdown (when text scams were rife - a fact already well documented in the news at the time) stating that a new payee had been set up from my Natwest account which I needed to verify. I'd just moved flat and had recently set up lots of new bills for council tax etc. and so I started panicking that they wouldn't go through, and was literally hovering over the number when I remembered I DON'T EVEN BANK WITH NATWEST. So most definitely don't feel like an idiot.

Bought a pair of black pleather jeans yesterday, I like them a lot but phone won't fit in front pocket, wallet barely fits in back so going back to store today. Not going to carry some sort of tote for my stuff.
Look great with my DMs though.

*inserts generic rant about how contemporary dresses and skirts etc. hardly ever have pockets, or sometimes they're stupid fake ones just to add insult to injury, meaning tote is a way of life for some. I mean I normally carry some sort of handbag anyway for essential stuff but pockets are just useful*

The jeans do sound nice though. I sacked off "skinny" fit jeans over lockdown in favour of high-waisted wide-leg ones, but now that DM season is approaching I just can't think of another cut that will fit with them as nicely.

GoblinAhFuckScary

• Jess Phillips
« Reply #274 on: September 09, 2021, 06:22:04 PM »
Ah I'm sorry, that's proper shite (and I'm sorry for quoting you, I can ask for it to be removed if it's a bother).

OT but if it makes you feel better, I got a text during the winter lockdown (when text scams were rife - a fact already well documented in the news at the time) stating that a new payee had been set up from my Natwest account which I needed to verify. I'd just moved flat and had recently set up lots of new bills for council tax etc. and so I started panicking that they wouldn't go through, and was literally hovering over the number when I remembered I DON'T EVEN BANK WITH NATWEST. So most definitely don't feel like an idiot.

thank you flotes! i did feel a bit embarrassed so that makes me feel a bit better lol

i did my first bit of charity shopping in months today and managed to get a lovely navy Hobbs skirt and a black Toast top (dress?) for under 12 quid altogether so that sort of makes up for yesterday's brain rot

Jockice

• I really have red hair. And a **********.
« Reply #275 on: September 10, 2021, 08:36:53 AM »
I'm going to wear my old Levi's denim jacket today. This will be the first time for nine years. I know it's that long because it has travel documents from 2012 in one of the inside pockets. I've had it since the late 80s. I also have another much darker Levi's denim jacket (purchased circa 1998), a yellow Levi's corduroy one (1992ish) and a Wrangler denim jacket (swapped for a book about cacti with Lee Naylor circa 1984. Not the former footballer Lee Naylor though. Another Lee Naylor.)

That's one good thing about rarely throwing clothes out. You can rediscover them years later. Although my first (very faded) Levi's denim and my black one seem to have gone to the big charity shop in the sky at some point.

Tags: